The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by banterboy
I don't see how many man of the match performances Fellaini needs to give before we learn to forgive him for his weaknesses as we do to every other player.

Please be trolling.

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Yeah, I don't necessarily see peoples' problem with Fellaini. He fulfils the same 'aggressive little ****' role as Roy Keane, just not really as well and with a different role going forward.

Well, because Keane was also quite good at football. Fellaini is not. Keane was far more than an "aggressive little ****".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _Morsey_
Crikey, we scored a goal in the first half.

Against the worst PL side I've ever seen.
Worse than bloody Derby - this Villa side make literally anybody look good.
Get Rashford on the plane, Roy.
Original post by Lúcio

QPR have been worse, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
QPR have been worse, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so - this Villa side is abysmal.
Original post by Lúcio

Literally is not needed in this sentence.
I know don't want players to dive but Rashford should, pragmatically go down there. It's a definite foul but ref's wont give them if you stay up so...
Original post by zKlown
Literally is not needed in this sentence.

Thx bae xoxo
Typical rooney touch
Original post by NathanW18
Please be trolling.

Well, because Keane was also quite good at football. Fellaini is not. Keane was far more than an "aggressive little ****".

i mean, do you have actual reasons for this view or
Great by memphis
i mean, do you have actual reasons for this view or

What reasons are you looking for? When someone says they're unsure why people don't want Fellaini to play, it makes me think they're looking for a reaction. Fellaini's weaknesses are exposed in almost every game he plays in.

I've watched Fellaini play in the majority of games he's played in for us. I've missed the odd one every now and again. He is not anywhere near Man United standard. The most obvious thing he brings to the team is height. He still fouls the opposition the majority of the time he jumps to head the ball.

He's useful in the odd game. Every player is decent occasionally. It doesn't mean they're worth a place in the team. I don't think as many people would have as much of a problem with him if he didn't start so often.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NathanW18
What reasons are you looking for? When someone says they're unsure why people don't want Fellaini to play, it makes me think they're looking for a reaction. Fellaini's weaknesses are exposed in almost every game he plays in.

I've watched Fellaini play in the majority of games he's played in for us. I've missed the odd one every now and again. He is not anywhere near Man United standard. The most obvious thing he brings to the team is height. He still fouls the opposition the majority of the time he jumps to head the ball.

He's useful in the odd game. Every player is decent occasionally. It doesn't mean they're worth a place in the team. I don't think as many people would have as much of a problem with him if he didn't start so often.

Well, i just don't think this is true for one thing. He's far more liable to fouling when the ball's on the floor.

It's not just height, he has incredible strength, keeps the ball well when the attack has no right to continue, and sucks in several players when the ball is in the air, and generally still brings it down and gets a pass away. His size is also more important for us than for most teams because we don;t have a big team.
Only 1-0 against Villa after 75 minutes?

Haven't watched the game - have you at least played well?
Well, i just don't think this is true for one thing. He's far more liable to fouling when the ball's on the floor.

It's not just height, he has incredible strength, keeps the ball well when the attack has no right to continue, and sucks in several players when the ball is in the air, and generally still brings it down and gets a pass away. His size is also more important for us than for most teams because we don;t have a big team.

He elbows players extremely often when jumping to head the ball. He does sometimes get away with it.

Keeps the ball and then fails the lay off pass, sure. Keeps the ball too long and then the attack dies anyway. His size on corners is one thing he is useful for. We do have a small team.

In a game like this, I would prefer us to be using our players that are more helpful in attack.
Original post by Lúcio
Only 1-0 against Villa after 75 minutes?

Haven't watched the game - have you at least played well?

Fairly well, but there hasn't been anybody in the box for half our chances. We've had two great corners fly across the box but nobody in a position to get on the end of it.
We'll be thankful for Fellani in the last 5 minutes
Original post by _Morsey_
Fairly well, but there hasn't been anybody in the box for half our chances. We've had two great corners fly across the box but nobody in a position to get on the end of it.

Villa just hit the post.

A win is a win but 1-0 is the finest of margins and any team can score at a moment's notice. You best be careful in the closing stages.
Should have scored memphis unlucky
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460821887.417377.jpg

Those are actually really poor stats against a side as bad as Villa.

Can't believe you only beat them 1-0. Like I said though, a win is a win and at this stage it's the 3 points that matter.

Latest