The Student Room Group

What were Morrison's thinking ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by banterboy
i mean, why is a case of mispackaging in the national news

It's not like there was huge scandal a few months ago about mis-packaged meat from Europe.
He managed to get himself in the papers though doing his sad face. Anyone would think it was deliberate targeting rather than an obvious labeing error. he hasnt done the muslime community any favours, because it just gives ammunition to those who like division on both sides.
Original post by pjm600
It's not like there was huge scandal a few months ago about mis-packaged meat from Europe.

that was a bit different
Original post by Novascope
HAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah because all farms that don't make halal meat kill their stock in less savage/inhumane ways.

Err yess..?
Reply 24
Original post by banterboy
that was a bit different

It was widespread. There'd be outrage if a pork sausage was found to contain horse or dog meat, which would upset many people if they ate it, same as mislabelled pork.
Lol what a badman
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Err yess..?

No they don't. If you think only halal suppliers kill animals in inhumane/torturous ways then you're stupid.

The internet is your friend. Use it.
Imagine if there was this much outrage every time a British supermarket sold non identified halal meat to non muslims (The meat where the animal is inhumanely and savagely slaughtered in immense distress and pain)

Cant tell if you're trolling or genuinely ********. Please go educate yourself before embarrassing yourself online.
Reply 28
that's why mums go to marks and spencers
"Minimum wage worker rushed off their feet makes mistake" I'm surprised they didn't ask for them to be sacked!
Original post by 999tigger
He managed to get himself in the papers though doing his sad face. Anyone would think it was deliberate targeting rather than an obvious labeing error. he hasnt done the muslime community any favours, because it just gives ammunition to those who like division on both sides.

I think the blame also goes partly on the media
Outlet, clearly they're also looking for a story to sell.
Original post by the bear
:five: that's how they Roll

:teehee:

:teehee:

Original post by Student403
You two are amazing

I'm only learning from the best :yep:
Original post by Mentally
I think the blame also goes partly on the media
Outlet, clearly they're also looking for a story to sell.

Partly, but it just seems a bit hypocritical of him making a sing and dance about it. Presumably he sold his story.
Original post by pjm600
It was widespread. There'd be outrage if a pork sausage was found to contain horse or dog meat, which would upset many people if they ate it, same as mislabelled pork.

Yeah. Whereas an this case soem employee has made an individual, trivial error
Original post by Mentally
Cant tell if you're trolling or genuinely ********. Please go educate yourself before embarrassing yourself online.

Would u like to tell me why im trolling or genuinely ********* ?

Might help us clear up this crazy confusion! Thanks x
Original post by Novascope
No they don't. If you think only halal suppliers kill animals in inhumane/torturous ways then you're stupid.

The internet is your friend. Use it.

Ok i used it.

Religious slaughter

Slaughter without pre-stunning (for religious purposes) We're opposed to the slaughter of any animal without first ensuring it is rendered insensible to pain and distress.
We recognise that religious beliefs and practices should be respected. However, we also believe animals should be slaughtered under the most humane conditions possible. Evidence clearly indicates that slaughter without pre-stunning can cause unnecessary suffering.
What is religious slaughter?In the UK, Jewish and Muslim communities are exempt from legal requirements to stun animals before slaughter. Shechita (Jewish) and Halal (Muslim) slaughter methods involve cutting the animal’s throat with a very sharp knife, often without pre-stunning. There are different interpretations of the religious laws on slaughter within both communities.

SOURCE RSPCA -

http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

Did i do the internet right sweetheart?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 36
Imagine if there was this much outrage every time a British supermarket sold non identified halal meat to non muslims (The meat where the animal is inhumanely and savagely slaughtered in immense distress and pain)

no one would care?
Ok i used it.

Religious slaughter

Slaughter without pre-stunning (for religious purposes) We're opposed to the slaughter of any animal without first ensuring it is rendered insensible to pain and distress.
We recognise that religious beliefs and practices should be respected. However, we also believe animals should be slaughtered under the most humane conditions possible. Evidence clearly indicates that slaughter without pre-stunning can cause unnecessary suffering.
What is religious slaughter?In the UK, Jewish and Muslim communities are exempt from legal requirements to stun animals before slaughter. Shechita (Jewish) and Halal (Muslim) slaughter methods involve cutting the animal’s throat with a very sharp knife, often without pre-stunning. There are different interpretations of the religious laws on slaughter within both communities.

SOURCE RSPCA -

http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

Did i do the internet right sweetheart?

Shooting the animal in the head with a bolt and slitting its throat is pretty much the same. We'd take your opinion seriously if you were vegan but your argument is so stupid. The animal feels no pain when its throat is slit with a sharp knife, it dies instantly. At the end of the day, the animal is still cooked and eaten.
Original post by epoddoulc
Shooting the animal in the head with a bolt and slitting its throat is pretty much the same. We'd take your opinion seriously if you were vegan but your argument is so stupid. The animal feels no pain when its throat is slit with a sharp knife, it dies instantly. At the end of the day, the animal is still cooked and eaten.

1) No they are not the same. They are completely different in every single possible way

2) You do not know if im a vegan and it would be totally irrelevant regardless

3)The animal does feel pain. Extreme pain and distress. You clearly did not read the RSPCA link. I will take they're knowledge over yours

gjge
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
my g goes reduced section. standard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending