The Student Room Group

Are guys intimidated by tall and pretty girls?

I'm 21 and my younger cousin (19) is always complaining about how guys avoid making eye contact with her and don't look her direction at all. She's dated a few good looking guys but the fact that guys apparently don't seem to look at her makes her feel insecure.

She's a lot taller than me, I'm 5'3 she is 5'10 or 5'11. She is quite slim and has a really gorgeous face. I'm not just saying that because she is my cousin, she used to model and she has exotic cat shaped light eyes and full lips. She gets complimented practically everyday and is always told how pretty she is (I used to get jealous when we were younger but I'm fine now). I didn't believe her when she first told me so now these days when I go out with her I started noticing it, a lot of guys just completely avoid looking her way at all and I can't understand why. Are they intimidated or something?

Scroll to see replies

OP is the "cousin" or male :biggrin:
5ft10 might be tall for a girl, but it's not that huge in the grand scheme of things - I wouldn't be intimated by someone just because they're taller than me

and why would anyone be intimidated by someone that's good looking?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 21 and my younger cousin (19) is always complaining about how guys avoid making eye contact with her and don't look her direction at all. She's dated a few good looking guys but the fact that guys apparently don't seem to look at her makes her feel insecure.

She's a lot taller than me, I'm 5'3 she is 5'10 or 5'11. She is quite slim and has a really gorgeous face. I'm not just saying that because she is my cousin, she used to model and she has exotic cat shaped light eyes and full lips. She gets complimented practically everyday and is always told how pretty she is (I used to get jealous when we were younger but I'm fine now). I didn't believe her when she first told me so now these days when I go out with her I started noticing it, a lot of guys just completely avoid looking her way at all and I can't understand why. Are they intimidated or something?

Try and get in there yourself?
Reply 4
Original post by HotHipster
OP is the "cousin" or male :biggrin:

I had a feeling people would say this. I wish! Lol. I have short stubby legs, hardly the same as her long ones! I'm just wondering because I find it weird how guys just avoid looking at her.
Original post by Anonymous
I had a feeling people would say this. I wish! Lol. I have short stubby legs, hardly the same as her long ones! I'm just wondering because I find it weird how guys just avoid looking at her.

Curious as to what she looks like now [not asking fpr pic].

Maybe some of them get a bit uncomfy in the out of their league syndrome, so they ignore her? She really wont have any problem of she smiles, that can be very disarming. I do have friends who have been quite lonely at times, but others who get more attention than they can handle. She shouldnt worry at all.
Reply 6
I'm a 5'10 female too, I understand the intimidating thing
Not at all.
5ft 10 isnt tall imo , i guess for a female slightly above average
Reply 9
Some people are so hot you have to look at them from the corner of your eye, like if the sun's in your eye
[video="youtube;2d_dtTZQyUM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_dtTZQyUM[/video] This.
At 6'2", 5'10/11" isn't really tall enough to be intimidating haha :cute:

Generally, I'd expect that guys would generally feel a little uncomfortable if they're shorter than a girl though :lol:
Reply 12
Tall pretty girls are wifey material
Original post by Mayhem™

and why would anyone be intimidated by someone that's good looking?

Insecurities. Intimidated is probably not quite the right word because of the violent connotations, but think about it like this: How many guys do you know that wouldn't get flustered or loose their cool if a victoria secret model started talking to them in starbucks. I guarantee there would be a lot of errs and umms...

Original post by TSR Mustafa
5ft 10 isnt tall imo , i guess for a female slightly above average

Average for a woman is 5'3 :eek:, she's actually taller than the average man in the UK. Although I think in a younger demographic the averages would probably be a bit higher.

5'11 is pretty tall once she's out in heels, personally its about right for me but lots of shorter guys probably would be intimidated. It could also be a "oh my god that girl is unbelievable, don't stare... don't stare" type thought.

Unrelated note: Is your cousin on TSR and / or single?

I'm kidding...

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
Generally, I'd expect that guys would generally feel a little uncomfortable if they're shorter than a girl though :lol:

Ha...ha...ha...hmmmmm *sobs*:frown:
Reply 15
they probably are you know, i think i'm your cousin...
Original post by Roxeber
they probably are you know, i think i'm your cousin...

How tall are you?
Reply 17
Original post by DMcGovern
How tall are you?

5'8 not as tall as her cousin tho
Original post by Roxeber
5'8 not as tall as her cousin tho

Ah right grand - I'm 5"7, 5"8ish :wink:

Thought ye were dead haven't seen ye about for months! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by DMcGovern
Ah right grand - I'm 5"7, 5"8ish :wink:

Thought ye were dead haven't seen ye about for months! :biggrin:

says the one who stopped speaking to me, mr darragh!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending