The Student Room Group

China tears down THOUSANDS of crucifixes in crude bid to eradicate Christianity

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muzi123
More than two thousand crosses have now been forcefully removed from churches as part of a government campaign to regulate “excessive religious sites”.
Christian charity China Aid confirmed just before Easter that more than 2000 crosses had now been demolished by the government as part of their “Three Rectifications and One Demolition” campaign. It also claimed that since the beginnning of 2016 to early March, 49 Churches had been destroyed in the rampage to abolish Christianity.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/659545/Horror-as-China-tears-down-thousands-of-crucifixes-in-crude-bid-to-eradicate-Christianity

Well done China. Christianity is nothing more than another vehicle to promote racism - white supremacy.

How on gods earth can you take seriously a religion that says Jesus Christ looks like this when no-one in the part they said Jesus is from looks like this ?

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thunder_chunky
China crossed the line ages ago when it tried to crack down on strippers at funerals. The damn fascists.

That begs a very important question... why don't we have strippers at funerals in the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemting
That begs a very important question... why don't we have strippers at funerals in the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to have them at mine. It's going to go into my last will and testament.
China crossed the line ages ago when it tried to crack down on strippers at funerals. The damn fascists.

What?? Outrageous.

hmmm not a bad idea for bear™'s obsequies...
Reply 25
Original post by PrincePaul657777
Well done China. Christianity is nothing more than another vehicle to promote racism - white supremacy.

How on gods earth can you take seriously a religion that says Jesus Christ looks like this when no-one in the part they said Jesus is from looks like this ?

Worldwide Christianity is not a white majority religion so I'm not sure how it promotes white supremacy.
Original post by Howard
Worldwide Christianity is not a white majority religion so I'm not sure how it promotes white supremacy.

Jesus was not a white man
Reply 27

If Jesus wasn't a white man and the majority of the world's Christian faithful aren't white how do you justify for your position that Christianity is a vehicle to promote white supremacy?
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, but on the plus side they've decided that golf shouldn't be banned any more.

As an avid golf follower, i dont look forward to the worlds top 20 all being chinese in 50 years

Why is everything about race to you? It seems that most of your posts are based upon the race of another, you seem to be obsessed.
Original post by The_Opinion
Why is everything about race to you? It seems that most of your posts are based upon the race of another, you seem to be obsessed.
It may seem obsessed if you view Christ shown as white man as normal. Everything in this world is racial.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
As an avid golf follower, i dont look forward to the worlds top 20 all being chinese in 50 years

China has had a national football team since 1924 - not exactly world beaters, are they?

Think those fears are unfounded, hasn't happened in snooker.
Reply 32
It may seem obsessed if you view Christ shown as white man as normal. Everything in this world is racial.

yesss tell 'em

Christianity is from the Middle East but largely shaped and influenced by European ideals and culture. So what if Jesus was white or Semitic? 2000 years of evolution in Europe means that Jesus resembles the European image of him - no continent gave Christianity as much importance and managed to hold onto it for so long.

If you don't like it, then follow an African folk religion and teach your kids the same. Otherwise no one gives a sh*t. Matter of fact go back to Africa and try to revive African paganism if you're serious about it. Which you aren't because you like your cushy life here lol.
(edited 8 years ago)

I'm not Christian, but I think its wrong how they depict Jesus in their paintings. However, if someone feels more devoted to Jesus by drawing him as an form of representation, although wrong, I find it very spiritual and everyone should have the liberation and right to follow their religion/belief system, in any shape or form.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Christianity is from the Middle East but largely shaped and influenced by European ideals and culture. So what if Jesus was white or Semitic? 2000 years of evolution in Europe means that Jesus resembles the European image of him - no continent gave Christianity as much importance and managed to hold onto it for so long.

If you don't like it, then follow an African folk religion and teach your kids the same. Otherwise no one gives a sh*t. Matter of fact go back to Africa and try to revive African paganism if you're serious about it. Which you aren't because you like your cushy life here lol.

Why you getting so defensive? Anyone has the write to post any sh*t they want, don't go averting to his race as a why to justify your rage and lack of tolerance at free-speech comments. "Cushy life here" - nothing's so cushy about england, besides the benefit system, which is totally going downhill so you really need to contemplate the dumb **** you write. "African paganism" you know :biggrin: wtaf are you on a bout?
Original post by Oblivion99
Why you getting so defensive? Anyone has the write to post any sh*t they want, don't go averting to his race as a why to justify your rage and lack of tolerance at free-speech comments. "Cushy life here" - nothing's so cushy about england, besides the benefit system, which is totally going downhill so you really need to contemplate the dumb **** you write. "African paganism" you know :biggrin: wtaf are you on a bout?

You should calm down. Your ramblings are incoherent.
Original post by the bear
hmmm not a bad idea for bear™'s obsequies...

After my body has been set adrift down a river on a wooden boat and set alight, an army of strippers will begin dancing. Best...funeral...ever. Also there'll be blackjack and poker tables.

Jesus was white with blue eyes, blonde hair, and a rock hard six pack you could grate cheese on. It's all there in the bible brah.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
You should calm down. Your ramblings are incoherent.

sorry your petty comments aint got sh*t on me, and sorry about being coherent, surely you boast so much logic u mek me cry
Original post by Drewski
China has had a national football team since 1924 - not exactly world beaters, are they?

Think those fears are unfounded, hasn't happened in snooker.

You will see ! You will berluddy see!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending