The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That Bearded Man
Think right now is the perfect time, he's available (and clearly wants it) United are looking for an egotistical manager to grab the bull by the horns and are already used to boring unattractive football.

Love to see Leicester get CL again next year too.

Aye, true. I'm not sure if most fans can bare more unattractive football though.

I'd love to see Leicester build on from this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think right now is the perfect time, he's available (and clearly wants it) United are looking for an egotistical manager to grab the bull by the horns and are already used to boring unattractive football.

Love to see Leicester get CL again next year too.

Original post by PetrosAC
Aye, true. I'm not sure if most fans can bare more unattractive football though.

I'd love to see Leicester build on from this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leicester getting top four again would be an achievement to rival this season's heroics, especially if City are improved under Pep, Liverpool continue to grow under Klopp and Chelsea/United are forces to be reckoned with under new managers.

You'd imagine Tottenham aren't going anywhere, likewise Arsenal, so for them to gatecrash the party AGAIN would be some feat.

I can't see it happening, but would love to be proved wrong.
Original post by Mackay
Leicester getting top four again would be an achievement to rival this season's heroics, especially if City are improved under Pep, Liverpool continue to grow under Klopp and Chelsea/United are forces to be reckoned with under new managers.

You'd imagine Tottenham aren't going anywhere, likewise Arsenal, so for them to gatecrash the party AGAIN would be some feat.

I think from what we've seen this season, and from what I expect next season we could have the following teams battling for Top 4.

Us
City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal
Spurs
Leicester
Southampton
West Ham
Possibly Stoke too
Edit: Perhaps even Everton, who have the quality but not the form

The last few teams will need to have a good window though. However all those teams will be there or thereabouts
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mackay

Depends what players they go for. They would really need to be going for the Payet signings as a model. Should pinch Wijnaldum. Might try and poach some off PL teams but if they want to advance need to buy abroad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think from what we've seen this season, and from what I expect next season we could have the following teams battling for Top 4.

Us
City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal
Spurs
Leicester
Southampton
West Ham
Possibly Stoke too
Edit: Perhaps even Everton, who have the quality but not the form

The last few teams will need to have a good window though. However all those teams will be there or thereabouts

If 'Us' is Liverpool... you're delusional.
Original post by Dodgypirate

He said battling for top 4, not for the league.

This:

Original post by Lúcio
Original post by Lúcio

This:

Oh God I'm so sorry I didn't see that part lol... I thought you were writing your predictions for next year's PL

:facepalm:
Oh God I'm so sorry I didn't see that part lol... I thought you were writing your predictions for next year's PL

:facepalm:

Hell no xD

Klopp's good, but no one's that good xD If we can get into the Top 4 I'm more than happy given the level of the other clubs. I do think we'll be challenging within three seasons (not including this one)
Depends what players they go for. They would really need to be going for the Payet signings as a model. Should pinch Wijnaldum. Might try and poach some off PL teams but if they want to advance need to buy abroad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They also need to keep what they've got, of course.

Sure, you can look at the likes of Mahrez and Kante and think after the season they've had "why would they want to leave?"

But the allure of traditional big clubs - the likes of Man City, the likes of La Liga etc - will have a huge pull.
Hell no xD

Klopp's good, but no one's that good xD If we can get into the Top 4 I'm more than happy given the level of the other clubs. I do think we'll be challenging within three seasons (not including this one)

I completely agree.

We need to make some good signings this summer, which I'm sure we will... :smile:
Reply 6571
Original post by Mackay
They also need to keep what they've got, of course.

Sure, you can look at the likes of Mahrez and Kante and think after the season they've had "why would they want to leave?"

But the allure of traditional big clubs - the likes of Man City, the likes of La Liga etc - will have a huge pull.

lol
Original post by cBay
lol

Shouldn't have written traditional. Final four of the CL, Pep as manager etc though.
What ****ing retard would rather win the FA cup over the Europa league hahaha. Don't know why anyone responds to that troll MU tbh.

Anyway, I do think beating Villareal over two legs will be even more difficult than Dortmund.

Never know what'll happen with the Klopp effect thoigh.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
What ****ing retard would rather win the FA cup over the Europa league hahaha. Don't know why anyone responds to that troll MU tbh.

Anyway, I do think beating Villareal over two legs will be even more difficult than Dortmund.

Never know what'll happen with the Klopp effect thoigh.

Because of the occasion or the team? On paper I think Dortmund have the better side than Villareal.
Can out for the season with ruptured ankle ligament
Original post by Zerforax
Because of the occasion or the team? On paper I think Dortmund have the better side than Villareal.

I think it's very dangerous for us because although the players now think they can win the EL, I'm worried that they're gonna underestimate Villarreal.
Although Dortmund are certainly a better side, the Spanish team lie 4th in La Liga so clearly play some good football.

Complacency could be the death of us - it's important that we perform well in the first leg like we did vs Dortmund. We don't want to "do an Arsenal" by losing the tie in the first match.
See you in August then, Emre. Poor guy.
Villareal are probably the opposite of Dortmund in the sense that it is their defence that is their strong point. I'm worried about that as we have struggled against teams with very organised defences so far this season. The tie will be just as tough as Dortmund but in a different way.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Villareal are probably the opposite of Dortmund in the sense that it is their defence that is their strong point. I'm worried about that as we have struggled against teams with very organised defences so far this season. The tie will be just as tough as Dortmund but in a different way.

Indeed.

They've conceded only 26 goals in 32 La Liga matches. Only Atleti have a better record.

Latest