The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

I'm confused help please. Accomadation vs Commuting

Scroll to see replies

I would get accommodation.

I went to sheff Hallam 2 years ago and lived at home been 30 mins away on bus. It wasn't the travelling it was the fact that people on my course already had made social groups with them all living in halls so It was hard to break into it.

Now I'm living in halls and loving jt
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Aaronw1995
I would get accommodation.

I went to sheff Hallam 2 years ago and lived at home been 30 mins away on bus. It wasn't the travelling it was the fact that people on my course already had made social groups with them all living in halls so It was hard to break into it.

Now I'm living in halls and loving jt

Yeah I suppose.

Is coventry a good uni?
Can I get anaccomadation with girls only?
Original post by Anonbabes
Yeah I suppose.

Is coventry a good uni?
Can I get anaccomadation with girls only?

Depends on what you're studying. From what I know of students who live in the area, it's not the greatest uni, but my course is NHS accredited so it doesn't bother me.

I haven't heard of single sex accommodation at Coventry. I'm also a Muslim girl looking for accommodation. I'm trying to find other Muslim girls for a flatshare in Coventry.
Reply 23
Original post by LondonRaani
Depends on what you're studying. From what I know of students who live in the area, it's not the greatest uni, but my course is NHS accredited so it doesn't bother me.

I haven't heard of single sex accommodation at Coventry. I'm also a Muslim girl looking for accommodation. I'm trying to find other Muslim girls for a flatshare in Coventry.

Ganna be studying Dietetics inshallah.

Well I've applied for Uni accomadation
Ganna be studying Dietetics inshallah.

Well I've applied for Uni accomadation

I'm going to be studying dietetics too! Oh have you? I think I'm going to have to just in case I can't find room mates for private accommodation but I'm really worried about the culture/lifestyle clash. That, and having to wear a hijab in the kitchen!

InshaAllah I'll meet you in September!
Reply 25
I'm going to be studying dietetics too! Oh have you? I think I'm going to have to just in case I can't find room mates for private accommodation but I'm really worried about the culture/lifestyle clash. That, and having to wear a hijab in the kitchen!

What accommodation have you applied to?

I know! I was worried too
Reply 26

Are you going Coventry Uni / Notts? Cuz I've seen another thread of yours...
What accommodation have you applied to?

I know! I was worried too

I've out university owned houses as my first choice, but I think i'm going to look for a studio flat if I can't find any flatmates.
Original post by anonbabes
are you going coventry uni / notts? Cuz i've seen another thread of yours...

yes thats me lmao
Reply 29
yes thats me lmao

No I am saying I'm confused. Here you say you're going Coventry , but why are you seeking flatmates at Notts Uni thread?
No I am saying I'm confused. Here you say you're going Coventry , but why are you seeking flatmates at Notts Uni thread?

Coventry is my firm, Nottingham is my insurance. So I'm trying to sort accommodation for both so I'm not having to find properties/flatmates last minute
Reply 31
Coventry is my firm, Nottingham is my insurance. So I'm trying to sort accommodation for both so I'm not having to find properties/flatmates last minute

What made you choose this course?
I'm so confused.

Travelling via train:
Pros- quickest way of travelling and cheaper than accommodation
Cons- 2h journey, need to catch two trains

Accomadation:
Pros- don't need to travel far, etc
Cons- very expensive and I'm sure I can't afford it, don't know the type of people u will live with.

Advice?

@SeanFM @Alexion @AwesomeGenius

I would love to actually know where you live for it to be a 2 hr commute by train. I know Birmingham locals and people who live in villages outside of Coventry commute in, but you've got to be outside the West Midlands border surely?
Reply 33
Original post by mcgreevy1993
I would love to actually know where you live for it to be a 2 hr commute by train. I know Birmingham locals and people who live in villages outside of Coventry commute in, but you've got to be outside the West Midlands border surely?

Live in the east Midlands. Decided to stay at an accomadation

Quick Reply

Latest