The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 19th May 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecomputernerd
I am doingevery pastpaper,learning the answers off by heart, I have the CGP revision guide which is helpful, literally learning everything off by heart, and defintions in the glossary

Thats a really good method! I was scared to start past papers because I don't want to run out but do you think its right to start them now?
Original post by Do it Right
Thats a really good method! I was scared to start past papers because I don't want to run out but do you think its right to start them now?

definitely start past papers asap,here are the links to the past papers, you can mark it yourself, and learn the answers off by heart,it is the best way to revise

past papers for current spec:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/chemistry-4402/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

This website has past papers from 2007,it is worth looking at,it is a similar spec but some questions aren't in the current spec:
http://pastpapers.org/aqa-gcse-chemistry

good luck!
Hey there :smile:
Do you guys reckon that examiners recycle questions for science and how do you think the exam is going to be like? Easy? Hard? I guess some hard questions and some easy questions :colondollar:
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey there :smile:
Do you guys reckon that examiners recycle questions for science and how do you think the exam is going to be like? Easy? Hard? I guess some hard questions and some easy questions :colondollar:

what do you mean by recycle questions? well, the government think that the exams are easy, so I bet it will be difficult this year too, but that isn't so bad because the chances are the grade boundaries may possibly be low
Any 6 marker predictions? They make up 10 % of your mark.
Original post by thecomputernerd
what do you mean by recycle questions? well, the government think that the exams are easy, so I bet it will be difficult this year too, but that isn't so bad because the chances are the grade boundaries may possibly be low

Same questions come up but with different scenarios etc... but that's not always right. Yeh true, but the grade boundaries always go up each year
Reply 26
Hi,
These are my predictions for the AQA C1 GCSE 2016:6 Marker could be :
- Earth Structure
- Limestone Topic (Cement And Concrete)
- Polymers
- Emulsions
- The Miller-Urey Experiment
Noticing from past trends in exam papers Q1 is certainly going to be on Atoms/Electronic Structure/ Ionic & Covalent Bonding; Q2 maybe on balancing equations or limestone.
Original post by 113970
Hi,
These are my predictions for the AQA C1 GCSE 2016:6 Marker could be :
- Earth Structure
- Limestone Topic (Cement And Concrete)
- Polymers
- Emulsions
- The Miller-Urey Experiment
Noticing from past trends in exam papers Q1 is certainly going to be on Atoms/Electronic Structure/ Ionic & Covalent Bonding; Q2 maybe on balancing equations or limestone.

I think the last 4 bullet points are likely to be the 6 marker - not the first one as it came last year! I really DO hope Limestone or Emulsions are the 6 marker. I hate Miller-Urey and Polymers is okay but I wouldn't prefer it 100%.
Original post by sulaimanali
I think the last 4 bullet points are likely to be the 6 marker - not the first one as it came last year! I really DO hope Limestone or Emulsions are the 6 marker. I hate Miller-Urey and Polymers is okay but I wouldn't prefer it 100%.

Advantages and disadvantages of limestone would be a really good one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
Advantages and disadvantages of limestone would be a really good one

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have to cover everything from the specification so it's quite easy to predict :smile: Because we are the last year to do the specification and then the new one comes out.
Although, you must learn everything
Original post by goldenusername
How are you guys revising for science? Do you think its possible to get A*s if i just use my flash cards and do past papers? I dont think i have enough time to make notes, ive only made them for B1, C2 and some of C1 :redface:

Hi,
I would like to advice you to go over the specification. Make sure you know what all is there in the specification. You can get some notes made online as well. You can download and learn them from heart.
Check this one here. This is on one topic. If you need similar links then do let me know.
Thanks,

https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/discovering-chemistry-atomic-structure-and-the-periodic-table
Original post by Expert guidance
Hi,
I would like to advice you to go over the specification. Make sure you know what all is there in the specification. You can get some notes made online as well. You can download and learn them from heart.
Check this one here. This is on one topic. If you need similar links then do let me know.
Thanks,

https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/discovering-chemistry-atomic-structure-and-the-periodic-table

Thank you very much, could you pm me more of them please? :smile:
Do you think it's too late to start revising now? Baring in mind that when I do practice papers in class, I get in or close to 50+ marks?
Original post by pinkypaz123
Do you think it's too late to start revising now? Baring in mind that when I do practice papers in class, I get in or close to 50+ marks?

Clearly failing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
Clearly failing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you say that?
Original post by pinkypaz123

If you revise really really hard then maybe and if the test is easy then yeh
Original post by nisha.sri
Why do you say that?

It was sarcasm, 50+/60 is amazing, especially with no revision, it's a troll post in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Lucofthewoods
I agree with that for 6 marker or maybe Miller-Urey

i reckon it will most likely be the early atmosphere of another planet and just transer our knowledge
Original post by Rahat.H
i reckon it will most likely be the early atmosphere of another planet and just transer our knowledge

I don't think it'll be that, it was sort of that last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello how can get a B in Biology, chemistry and physics at the moment i done a mock for chemistry and I had a D I was 7 marks away from a C. For biology I had a C in my mock.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending