The Student Room Group

Please help. I just attacked my mother.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I mean its not like it required any effort her pushing you out, its not like it's one of the most painful processes
Its not like she went through 9 months of intense labour
Its not like she raised you with food or shelter
Could kids get anymore ungrateful..

I completely agree with this. I'm horrified at how disrespectful kids are getting and what ungrateful brats those who have good parents are. My mum drives me up the wall at times and nags like there is no tomorrow. But she has given me nearly everything that I have now and the thought of laying a finger on her would never cross my mind. The OP has a lot of making up and apologising to do once he/she has ensured that the dog is safe.
Original post by Student403
I love this post!

Thank you :smile:
Surely it's irrelevant who OP prioritises because the dog's there and the mum has (understandably) absented herself. Deal with the dog now, apologise later.

(For the record, I'm with those who would take a severely wounded animal to the vet before making an apology that can wait.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picklescamp
I'm not disagreeing that OP's mum seems good and doesn't deserve to be kicked but OP is justified in feeling upset, just because someone's your mother doesn't mean you have to accept their actions without thinking they've acted badly. That's a crucial part of any parent-child relationship, because no parent is perfect.

Who said that? OP should definitely have been angry at their parents for allowing their brother to walk the dog. But kicking, no, and OP realises that.
Shut up about the animal for gods sake pls
He had no right to lash out, he got abusive and that's never the answer
He should be damn grateful his mum didn't call the police

You're a disgusting thing.
No he shouldn't have lashed out but neither should be mother have ignored the animal!
Yeah if she called the police he may be charged with violence but the brother would go into jail for animal abuse. Did you forget that?
Original post by donutellme
In which case they can go **** them selves (if they neglect you that is, not if they try their best to provide but circumstances don't fully allow them to)

My mother fits this then
I'm not condoning your behaviour but if my parents also let a brother like that take out my dog I think I would probably have reacted exactly the same way. Your parents should NOT have let your brother take care of your pet knowing his background and conditions. If this is the first time you've done this to your Mum I think you should apologise and explain that you were extremely upset about your dog and that it won't happen again. I expect she will be upset/angry for a while but she is your Mum and she will forgive you in the end. I would focus on your dog for now because he doesn't sound like he's in a good way :frown:
They shouldn't have let your brother, who clearly ought to be kept under constant supervision, out with your dog, and they should feel guilty about what happened to it.

You were justifiably angry, and I would have understood yelling and maybe even breaking things, but kicking your mother is beyond the pale. I wonder whether witnessing your brother's attacks is normalising this kind of violence to you, but if so you need to remember that you should not be mimicking the behaviour of the mentally ill.

edit: I'm with everyone else that the dog needs immediate medical attention as the first priority, if he hasn't had it already.
(edited 8 years ago)

NO! The dog was hurt first, his/ her mum ignored it. The dog can't speak therefore we don't know what pain it endured, how is that fair on the dog?

I hope you don't ever have a pet!
Original post by mariam687
ok ur right, i shouldnt judge but i understand people make mistakes however its common sense, right?
ofc he/she regrets it, but things like that shouldnt be classed as "mistakes."

It is a mistake because he realises he was in the wrong. The fact that it was his mother doesn't somehow make this a special case where it's the biggest sin of all time or something.
If he kicked his father, he'd still feel guilty and class it as a mistake. Same if he had kicked his friend, or even his dog.
Everybody makes mistakes. OP knew that posting such a thing on a public forum would take guts and he's genuinely asking for advice because he's full of remorse.
You know you shouldn't 'judge' yet you're doing it. Is that also a 'mistake' on your part?
Reply 130

NO I WON'T SHE IGNORED ANIMAL ABUSE. It's a fact. Deal with it. You sound psychotic.

So one wrong decision takes away 18 years of rearing?

You kids man

One wrong decision? He said it was ongoing, and talked to her before, and she ignored it! So yeah, she freaking deserved it.
Original post by Mochassassin
It is a mistake because he realises he was in the wrong. The fact that it was his mother doesn't somehow make this a special case where it's the biggest sin of all time or something.
If he kicked his father, he'd still feel guilty and class it as a mistake. Same if he had kicked his friend, or even his dog.
Everybody makes mistakes. OP knew that posting such a thing on a public forum would take guts and he's genuinely asking for advice because he's full of remorse.
You know you shouldn't 'judge' yet you're doing it. Is that also a 'mistake' on your part?

Ahh I want to rep that 10 times! :frown: Bold is exactly what everyone needs to realise
Original post by Ciel.
NO I WON'T SHE IGNORED ANIMAL ABUSE. It's a fact. Deal with it. You sound psychotic.

One wrong decision? He said it was ongoing, and talked to her before, and she ignored it! So yeah, she freaking deserved it.

You're an idiot.
Original post by Ciel.

Agree, I find it so weird that people can defend his Mum who basically facilitated this animal abuse and got hurt for it, over an innocent defenceless animal who has been hurt. Like I agree kicking your Mum is bad but she allowed animal abuse to happen and tbh I think that's a lot worse
You're a disgusting thing.
No he shouldn't have lashed out but neither should be mother have ignored the animal!
Yeah if she called the police he may be charged with violence but the brother would go into jail for animal abuse. Did you forget that?

Shut up pls
Idc about the brother I'm talking about the mum
God you're so ungrateful. Would you be happier if she aborted you then?
She doesn't HAVE to do anything. She could've given you up

lol y'all must have been raised in some military ****, point is an adult makes a decision to have a child. You are at their mercy and more often than not they **** you up in some way, even though they don't mean to because more often than not they love you, but you're entitled to be angry about the ways in which they've failed you. This is literally the mentality my mother encouraged me to have, I used to try and justify her failings to myself until one day I'm angry and yell 'I hate you!' typical teenage style. Instantly regret it, but she just gives me a hug had says finally... a healthy response. Like I've said she's a therapist with expertise in inter-generational trauma and shame- an expert in family dynamics. One of the reasons we have such a healthy relationship, because parents need to be grown up enough to know their kids don't have to think they're perfect. Let me ask you, if a parent criticises their child to the extent that they start to self-harm, just as a random example, do you really owe your parent any kind of loyalty or special treatment? Are you allowed to hate them for how much they've damaged you? Yes. Because you don't owe parents ****, they should be regarded in a way which reflects how well they've treated you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 136
You're an idiot.

No, you are an idiot, if you think that it's ok to ignore ongoing animal abuse, like she did. OP's brother has abused the dog many times before, and the 'mother' just ignored it.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
NO! The dog was hurt first, his/ her mum ignored it. The dog can't speak therefore we don't know what pain it endured, how is that fair on the dog?

I hope you don't ever have a pet!

Your mother always comes above any animal

Too late I already own 3 cats hahaha
Original post by infairverona
Agree, I find it so weird that people can defend his Mum who basically facilitated this animal abuse and got hurt for it, over an innocent defenceless animal who has been hurt. Like I agree kicking your Mum is bad but she allowed animal abuse to happen and tbh I think that's a lot worse

His mother is also dealing with trying to look after a psychotic child who attacks her.

I agree that exposing the dog to this risk was horrible, but maybe we should think about cutting her a little slack.
Your mother always comes above any animal

Too late I already own 3 cats hahaha

Poor cats. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending