The Student Room Group

Please help. I just attacked my mother.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by donutellme
Who said that? OP should definitely have been angry at their parents for allowing their brother to walk the dog. But kicking, no, and OP realises that.

right... so you agree with me.
Original post by Student403
Ahh I want to rep that 10 times! :frown: Bold is exactly what everyone needs to realise

Agreed! If I had done something like that I would not have been able to post it on the internet, on TSR of all places, knowing the kind of abuse I'd face.

Kudos to OP for wanting genuine advice. I hope the dog gets the help she needs and that you talk this through with your mum! :
Original post by Mochassassin
Agreed! If I had done something like that I would not have been able to post it on the internet, on TSR of all places, knowing the kind of abuse I'd face.

Kudos to OP for wanting genuine advice. I hope the dog gets the help she needs and that you talk this through with your mum! :

Very true. I really hope OP reaches out to someone here because I think they could provide a lot of support
Original post by picklescamp
lol y'all must have been raised in some military ****, point is an adult makes a decision to have a child. You are at their mercy and more often than not they **** you up in some way, even though they don't mean to because more often than not they love you, but you're entitled to be angry about the ways in which they've failed you. This is literally the mentality my mother encouraged me to have, I used to try and justify her failings to myself until one day I'm angry and yell 'I hate you!' typical teenage style. Instantly regret it, but she just gives me a hug had says finally... a healthy response. Like I've said she's a therapist with expertise in inter-generational trauma and shame- an expert in family dynamics. One of the reasons we have such a healthy relationship, because parents need to be grown up enough to know their kids don't have to think they're perfect. Let me ask you, if a parent criticises their child to the extent that they start to self-harm, just as a random example, do you really owe your parent any kind of loyalty or special treatment? Are you allowed to hate them for how much they've damaged you? Yes. Because you don't owe parents ****, they should be regarded in a way which reflects how well they've treated you.

You don't owe parents s***
Wow you reek of ungratefulness
Original post by Ciel.
No, you are an idiot, if you think that it's ok to ignore ongoing animal abuse, like she did. OP's brother has abused the dog many times before, and the 'mother' just ignored it.

Where does it say they ignored the previous abuses?

She deserves a good shouting down.

Still, ignoring animal abuse isn't bad enough for one to assault their mother.

And you're a ****ing idiot. So I guess I'm an animal abuser now as well.
lol y'all must have been raised in some military ****, point is an adult makes a decision to have a child. You are at their mercy and more often than not they **** you up in some way, even though they don't mean to because more often than not they love you, but you're entitled to be angry about the ways in which they've failed you. This is literally the mentality my mother encouraged me to have, I used to try and justify her failings to myself until one day I'm angry and yell 'I hate you!' typical teenage style. Instantly regret it, but she just gives me a hug had says finally... a healthy response. Like I've said she's a therapist with expertise in inter-generational trauma and shame- an expert in family dynamics. One of the reasons we have such a healthy relationship, because parents need to be grown up enough to know their kids don't have to think they're perfect. Let me ask you, if a parent criticises their child to the extent that they start to self-harm, just as a random example, do you really owe your parent any kind of loyalty or special treatment? Are you allowed to hate them for how much they've damaged you? Yes. Because you don't owe parents ****, they should be regarded in a way which reflects how well they've treated you.

You sound like an entitled little ****.

Disloyalty and ingratitude to one's parents is one of the most repulsive traits a person can have imho.
Original post by Anonymous
You don't owe parents s***
Wow you reek of ungratefulness

you reek of brainwashed ********, I'm grateful to my parents because they're incredible parents, I don't owe them any praise for making the decision to have me.
Reply 147
Where does it say they ignored the previous abuses?

She deserves a good shouting down.

Still, ignoring animal abuse isn't bad enough for one to assault their mother.

And you're a ****ing idiot. So I guess I'm an animal abuser now as well.

He says it here "He has attacked her (and us) before and I've told my parents not to let him take her because his history. They let him take her anyway "
Oh come on, he didn't truly beat her up. You consider a kick or two beating someone up?
(edited 8 years ago)

right... so you agree with me.

No.

You sound so damn stuck up.

You owe your parents the world for raising you, provided they were good parents. And you're deluded if you think that parents and kids are equal. They are not; parents hold authority over their children, and for good reason. Being like 20-30 years older than someone, do you really think that younger one is in any way as mentally mature and intelligent as you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TimmonaPortella
You sound like an entitled little ****.

Disloyalty and ingratitude to one's parents is one of the most repulsive traits a person can have imho.

I'm loyal and grateful to my parents because they're good parents and they've raised me well. My friend who was bullied into having an eating disorder by her mother, for example, isn't an entitled little **** who's ungrateful just because she despises what her mother did to her. That's normal. Parents aren't Gods, they're flawed humans just like the rest of us.
wow. poor dog!
i refuse to watch programmes in when i know the animal will get hurt or in trouble etc such as free willy, but when it comes to real life, animal abuse is a huge red button

if i had been the OP, id have totally lost my ****.
Original post by Ciel.
He says it here "He has attacked her (and us) before and I've told my parents not to let him take her because his history. They let him take her anyway "
Oh come on, he didn't truly beat her up. You consider a kick or two beating someone up?

I'm sure if I kicked you a few times you'd be fine with it too.
No.

You owe your parents the world for raising you, provided they were good parents. And you're deluded if you think that parents and kids are equal. They are not.

I'm not lol, I'm an egalitarian. Don't know what kind of oppressive household you were brought up in that's led you to think you're inferior to your parents just cos they ****ed without protection one time. As long as you're still in their care, they owe you more than you owe them.
Original post by Poooky
Have you ever had a pet? Pets are just as much as family as humans! Violence towards anything-human or otherwise-is never okay and both should be taken equally as seriously.

This^ your parents didnt respond in an appropriate way to the situation...please get your dog to the vets and then deal with everything else after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TimmonaPortella
His mother is also dealing with trying to look after a psychotic child who attacks her.

I agree that exposing the dog to this risk was horrible, but maybe we should think about cutting her a little slack.

Yeah and that must be really difficult but if this child has already had a history of doing horrible things to the animal I don't think that's an excuse at all. Like if it was the first time maybe it's a bit different but this kid already hurt the dog before so for the Mum to allow the kid to take the dog knowing it's completely possible and likely that this would happen I think is wholly unacceptable, like the kid is unwell and really his actions aren't his fault but this parent allowing this to happen for a second time I personally think is completely her fault now
I'm loyal and grateful to my parents because they're good parents and they've raised me well. My friend who was bullied into having an eating disorder by her mother, for example, isn't an entitled little **** who's ungrateful just because she despises what her mother did to her. That's normal. Parents aren't Gods, they're flawed humans just like the rest of us.

That reaction is understandable, but I'm not sure I'd describe that situation as 'normal'. Maybe I just live a sheltered life but I have never heard of someone's parents bullying them into mental illness.

If you've been genuinely mistreated by your parents you have a legitimate grievance, but in ordinary circumstances you should be grateful to have been provided for and not go around passing judgement on every individual parenting decision they've made.
Reply 156
I'm sure if I kicked you a few times you'd be fine with it too.

No need for that. I don't abuse animals.
No.

You owe your parents the world for raising you, provided they were good parents. And you're deluded if you think that parents and kids are equal. They are not; parents hold authority over their children, and for good reason. Being like 20-30 years older than someone, do you really think that younger one is in any way as mentally mature and intelligent as you?

Why do we owe our parents anything? They chose to have children. We didn't come into existence by our choosing, they did it, and therefore it is their responsibility to bring up their children? You can be grateful for having a good upbringing without thinking that you owe your parents for doing so. Also, being older does not make you more intelligent, and unfortunately in a lot of cases does not make you more mature either.
I'm not lol, I'm an egalitarian. Don't know what kind of oppressive household you were brought up in that's led you to think you're inferior to your parents just cos they ****ed without protection one time. As long as you're still in their care, they owe you more than you owe them.

Common sense told me that. I am inferior due to the simple fact that I lack life experience. Doesn't stop me from challenging, but I still respect their views and accept what they say most of the time, and it proves correct.

Our debts are equal. I'm legally an adult now, yet I still live in their house and use their resources and more. Do I not owe them for this?
Original post by Ciel.
No need for that. I don't abuse animals.

You are really dumb...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending