The Student Room Group

Girls, why you so bait?

You think i don't know that you keep checking me out while I'm studying at the library.
I won't lie, I'm not a great conversationalist.
This girl i sat next to because the library was full kept looking at me from the side. I felt kinda uncomfortable, but i actually want some girls as friends. how do i start the convo?

This other time, 2 girls came and sat down at my table in the library. I was just studying looking at my macbook. They were getting out their books to study. After about 3 minutes of studying, one of the girls went somewhere. Her friend was on her phone texting her i suppose, she then proceeded to pack the other girls books up which was next to me and the other girl returned and they both left.

Like what the fk? Did i make them nervous or something? Girls answer please?
Im not trying to brag or anything i just want answers.
No girls check you out, you are suffering from a mental delusion.
Reply 2
Original post by Fenugreek
You think i don't know that you keep checking me out while I'm studying at the library.
This girl i sat next to because the library was full kept looking at me from the side. I felt kinda uncomfortable, but i actually want some girls as friends. how do i start the convo?

This other time, 2 girls came and sat down at my table in the library. I was just studying looking at my macbook. They were getting out their books to study. After about 3 minutes of studying, one of the girls went somewhere. Her friend was on her phone texting her i suppose, she then proceeded to pack the other girls books up which was next to me and the other girl returned and they both left.

Like what the fk? Did i make them nervous or something? Girls answer please?
Im not trying to brag or anything i just want answers.

Must be the Greek in you bro
Reply 3
Original post by Riyad Mahrez
No girls check you out, you are suffering from a mental delusion.

Why the keep looking then?
Ive gotten tired of constant glances, so i just catch them looking at me so they won't look anymore.
Either you're too spicy or too seedy for 'em.
Reply 5
Original post by Mochassassin
Either you're too spicy or too seedy for 'em.

Could you possibly explain the 2nd scenario? What was going on there?
Could you possibly explain the 2nd scenario? What was going on there?

I dunno what to tell you, man. I was just here to make jokes about fenugreek. :dontknow:
they both left.

Can't like you that much.
And you're quite sure they didn't just have a very severe case of strabismus?
Reply 9
Original post by Riyad Mahrez
Can't like you that much.

That what i thought but if you came to the library to do work and you're getting distracted, i would leave.
I find it so strange that you all shared a table and not even say hi or introduced each other.
Why the keep looking then?
Ive gotten tired of constant glances, so i just catch them looking at me so they won't look anymore.

all these side glances you keep noticing
maybe they're staring at your nose and thinking about how big it is?

Spoiler

Reply 12
Original post by alkaline.
all these side glances you keep noticing
maybe they're staring at your nose and thinking about how big it is?

Spoiler

probs except my nose isn't big.

To begin with, you need to have a good mindset to have a nice conversation, believe you are good at conversations and youre halfway there, confidence inwards and outwards is key
This girl i sat next to because the library was full kept looking at me from the side. .

Are you sure shes looking at you?

Not someone near you/poster/sport match near you?

I felt kinda uncomfortable, but i actually want some girls as friends. how do i start the convo?

Convos are easy to start and hard to continue

Start with an observation, it shows youre alert and interested in them.

What are they studying? (spy their book cover from afar)What are they wearing?

Any genuine compliments you can give and link next to where they got it, why they got it etc etc

Or failsafes if youre unsure, like asking their name first, how their weekend/holiday/day was I like the compliment route personally but it needs 2 things

1) Confidence

2) Genuineness

Dont think too much of it.

Not once did they motion at you or look at you for a prolonged time frame, you'll get some ppl that just arent your type sometimes and thats alright, take it in your stride and try again
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by ForestShadow
To begin with, you need to have a good mindset to have a nice conversation, believe you are good at conversations and youre halfway there, confidence inwards and outwards is key

Are you sure shes looking at you?

Not someone near you/poster/sport match near you?

Convos are easy to start and hard to continue

Start with an observation, it shows youre alert and interested in them.

What are they studying? (spy their book cover from afar)What are they wearing?

Any genuine compliments you can give and link next to where they got it, why they got it etc etc

Or failsafes if youre unsure, like asking their name first, how their weekend/holiday/day was I like the compliment route personally but it needs 2 things

1) Confidence

2) Genuineness

Dont think too much of it.

Not once did they motion at you or look at you for a prolonged time frame, you'll get some ppl that just arent your type sometimes and thats alright, take it in your stride and try again

I was sat at the end of the table, she was definitely looking at me.
Id say i have confidence in my appearance but not in my conversation skills. Thats why i don't really talk to girls even when they smile at me, i never know how to have a good conversation. I'm scared she will lose interest, and thats just a huge stab at your self esteem.
I was sat at the end of the table, she was definitely looking at me.
Id say i have confidence in my appearance but not in my conversation skills. Thats why i don't really talk to girls even when they smile at me, i never know how to have a good conversation. I'm scared she will lose interest, and thats just a huge stab at your self esteem.

Think maths. Statistics and probabilities and reality dictate

1) not all girls have the time to talk
2) not all girls will like you
3) not all girls are single (if youre looking for dates etc)

EVEN if that all adds to 50% of the girls, (which is a very high margin), that means ask 10 and you'll likely get 5 that will talk back

Its good you have confidence physically but mental confidence can only be built overtime, there is no alas magic motion for it.

You have to picture they will have intrest instead of them losing it and use the convo pointers I mentioned previously, always helps if youre in the same class, same intrests, same sports but think about what attracted you to her in the first place?

Stay away from eyes and her beauty just go for small thing like earrings, necklances, hair if youre confident enough
I'm scared she will lose interest, and thats just a huge stab at your self esteem.

Where all gonna die, don't waste the time on this Earth being a wimp.

Quick Reply

Latest