The Student Room Group

Wasting my youth by being ugly!

I'm an 18 year old girl, I'm 5"3 and 170 pounds so I'm fat! I'm also ugly, my teeth are a mess but I do have braces at the moment, but that makes me look even more ugly. My hair is a mess, my skin isn't great. :frown: My nose is fat and my cheeks are fat and I have ugly dark eye circles, I look like a monster.

I feel gross, these are supposed to be the best years of your life looks wise and I just look gross and want to hide inside all day.

I used to be a pretty child, my mum told me how random strangers would walk past and tell me what a beautiful child I was. Then at 6 I started getting chubbier, and by 13 I looked disgusting.

Sometimes I hope after I lose the weight I will return to that pretty girl :frown: but I doubt it. I am just missing out on life being as ugly as I am.

Do I have any hope? :frown:
Yes you do have hope, its not the end of the world.. Start by losing weight - drink lots of water and eat fresh produce. Exercise. And put coconut oil on your hair before you shower! Makes it soft
Reply 2
Original post by samina_ay
Yes you do have hope, its not the end of the world.. Start by losing weight - drink lots of water and eat fresh produce. Exercise. And put coconut oil on your hair before you shower! Makes it soft

Yup I eat really clean now, I'm definitely making a change. It's just I feel gross, also weight loss is slow so it makes me feel just feel like I'm stuck in this awful body forever! :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an 18 year old girl, I'm 5"3 and 170 pounds so I'm fat! I'm also ugly, my teeth are a mess but I do have braces at the moment, but that makes me look even more ugly. My hair is a mess, my skin isn't great. :frown: My nose is fat and my cheeks are fat and I have ugly dark eye circles, I look like a monster.

I feel gross, these are supposed to be the best years of your life looks wise and I just look gross and want to hide inside all day.

I used to be a pretty child, my mum told me how random strangers would walk past and tell me what a beautiful child I was. Then at 6 I started getting chubbier, and by 13 I looked disgusting.

Sometimes I hope after I lose the weight I will return to that pretty girl :frown: but I doubt it. I am just missing out on life being as ugly as I am.

Start working out and life will sort itself out.
endorphins from working out (possibly 3-5 times a week) not only makes you happier but also motivates you, and in the longer term, personal experiences here, will make you accept and embrace what you have and should treasure.
Oiii
don't ever call yourself ugly :noway:
pretty everyone goes through this stage, went through this stage too :teehee:
just have a healthier diet and your braces will come off later
and you'll be fine...
everyone has different body types which you can't change but you defo have choices to make soo dont worry at all :hugs:
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
Oiii
don't ever call yourself ugly :noway:
pretty everyone goes through this stage, went through this stage too :teehee:
just have a healthier diet and your braces will come off later
and you'll be fine...
everyone has different body types which you can't change but you defo have choices to make soo dont worry at all :hugs:

Thank you :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Christina Tiana
Start working out and life will sort itself out.
endorphins from working out (possibly 3-5 times a week) not only makes you happier but also motivates you, and in the longer term, personal experiences here, will make you accept and embrace what you have and should treasure.

I do need to start! I don't so much exercise at all!
Thank you :frown:

get rid of that sad face :colonhash:
your mind set and your mood is very important...
who's gonna say you look gorgeous if you make that kinda face :frown:
people will attract to you by your smile :smile:
I've lost my weight to a healthy weight for my height- I'm 16, 6' and went from 98kg to 80kg. The thing is, I'm naturally a larger build so being taller than everyone in my year makes me look like I'm bigger which I'm learning to accept :smile: You gotta learn that you could lose 100lbs in a year an yet your body will still be your body- and your perception is difficult to change. I went through such a dark period in school until around now (year 12) with getting picked on etc, and I reckon that even if I lost more weight than intended I'll never be able to look in the mirror and be proud of my appearance.

Buuuut, on the other hand, there's so much more to you than your body. I absolutely love how good I am at speaking German and that I'm just a kind person in general. I'm hard working, got amazing work experience, got an amazing family and for that I'm happy.

Skin is pretty easy to control for some people- tried drinking more water? I was never allowed sugary drinks or anything with additives (other than chocolate) growing up, so my skins pretty good. My friends been vegan for a few months, shes shredded so many pounds and her skin is clear af!

Sometimes you just need to pause and breathe and feel your feet on the floor. Also, my counselor got me in the habit of picturing younger me when being mean to myself. If at any point I look in the mirror and feel disgusted by myself I instantly see 8 year old me looking back before this all started, and then I feel like a monster and never do it again.

Trick your mind and stay positive, get help if you need to and hang in there gal :h:
Reply 9
Absolutely there's hope. We have to work with what we have. Positive attitude, liking yourself and never branding oneself ugly is key. And there's things to do with, hair, skin, getting, clothes and being vivacious.

You are still so young! :yep: There is so much life left in you, I know how cliche that sounds but it is true.
Don't stress about wasting your youth, because by stressing you are actively wasting it anyway - you become preoccupied with worry and that is no way to live your life. :no:

Identify what is holding you back from your fullest potential happiness, and if it is really the things you've listed, follow the advice that some others have given on here about losing weight and getting healthy hair and skin.

You can do it OP. :jumphug:

How are you so sure that being bigger equates to ugly? Some larger women can wear it well and be really attractive.

Anyway, if it's something you haven't been able to control, you should talk to your GP about it. If it's been due to your own lifestyle, however, you should take steps to avert that.
I've seen people go from 110-120kg down to 70kg in under a year with HARD WORK and diet. (just diet alone will not cut it). Unless you're already making a concerted effort I don't see the point in complaining about your situation.

You can't undo years of abuse in a couple of weeks, that's naive.
Reply 13
I hope you feel better with your appearance soon, by either working hard to improve or accept yourself or both! :h:

I often feel like that too, that I'm wasting my time not being as attractive as I could possibly be, but at the end of the day I thought I'll just get uglier, so I might as well appreciate what I have now :biggrin:
The fact that you think so negatively about all these things suggests your current lifestyle is not suiting you well. Eat healthier, be social, drink plenty of water, exercise, spend time doing the things you love. I think if people were more satisfied with their lives on a whole, they wouldn't be so concerned with fitting into modern day beauty standards, because in the end, there's no point having a pretty face if all you're going to do is frown :bigsmile:
Low self-esteem and comfort eating are a vicious circle. Cut out some of the obvious wrong food choices, walk a bit further and bit faster, keep a food diary, and 0.5lb to 1lb per week weight loss is a good rule of thumb.

You can fix these by losing weight and general fitness. I'd recommend also lifting weights as well, as it will tone and build you up a little, really helping your confidence even more.

Its likely that you can largely fix these by taking better care of yourself; skin cream, lotions etc.

You can't possibly know that until you try. But either way, it isn't a reason not to get fitter.

Yes, your best hope is you.

**Also, less negativity and self-pity and more positive thinking will help a whole lot as well.
(edited 8 years ago)
beauty is only skin deep. it is what is inside you that matters

:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending