The Student Room Group

private examination centre in north west l

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by shihaab33
You could be better off not sitting this year's A2 as you need both the AS and A2 for a levels, but you could sit the new linear A-Level in 2017 when you sit just one exam in June to get full A-Level grade.

It's not one exam for linear A-levels. It's 3 for Economics, also 3 for Business Studies.
@Compost
I think we need your help, although I'm not sure anyone can help really.
Original post by Miceely
Maybe because I don't live in UK? I don't have idea ;-;

It was complicated before information that I got know with today, but right now I'm really worried and don't know what should do.

Ah, sorry. I keep getting confused with who is UK/International students on TSR
since there are students from all kinds of places.

Have you contacted your exam center and spoken to the exam officer
about your exam entries and everything?

You might have to pay for any other exams entries to get the full qualifications
+ Pay £ for a subject cash-in overall grade.
Reply 43
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Ah, sorry. I keep getting confused with who is UK/International students on TSR
since there are students from all kinds of places.

Have you contacted your exam center and spoken to the exam officer
about your exam entries and everything?

You might have to pay for any other exams entries to get the full qualifications
+ Pay £ for a subject cash-in overall grade.

I wrote na e-mail to the exam centre but they didn't respond me yet.
Reply 44
Original post by Miceely

The issue is not really about whether you should be doing different units at this stage. Realistically it will be difficult to self-teach the sylabus for the all missing units in time for the exams in May/June. I do think it's more realistic to continue with what you are doing and then take the missing units next year.... BUT with Economics and Business Studies moving to the new, linear, specification I don't know if you will still be able to sit "old" AS units to get the full A-level. Maths is ok, it will still be modular next year.

I imagine @Compost can clarify this in due course.
Original post by Miceely

Can you not go into person and discuss your situation you're in at the moment? :redface:
Reply 46
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Can you not go into person and discuss your situation you're in at the moment? :redface:

She's in Poland. Her exam centre is in Ealing!
Haven't time to answer in any detail as I am concentrating on major presentation (entirely un-exam related) to make tomorrow.

However, you need to check for certain that you can take AS units next year - draft timetables are out for next year
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/290095-gce-as-a-level-fsmq-principal-learning-level-3-extended-project-and-level-3-certificate.pdf
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN17.PDF
they have the AS units on them but they are meant to be only for those re-sitting. I don't know how rigorously that will be enforced - the Exam Officer needs to ask AQA and OCR (Maths will be fine as it hasn't changed yet).

The single most important thing to do is to go to the exam centre and talk to them. All this is beyond messy and you need to sit down, look at the options and costs with them and see what you can salvage from it.
Reply 48
Original post by Compost
Haven't time to answer in any detail as I am concentrating on major presentation (entirely un-exam related) to make tomorrow.

Thank you for dropping back in, and good luck for tomorrow!

(She is in Poland and her centre is in Ealing - even messier...)
Reply 49
Hello everyone!
I just want to let you know that I decided to do all units from A-level Maths this year and do new A2 from Business Studies and Economics next year.
Thank you all for your help :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Miceely
Hello everyone!
I just want to let you know that I decided to do all units from A-level Maths this year and do new A2 from Business Studies and Economics next year.
Thank you all for your help :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending