The Student Room Group

Are there any old fashion dudes out here...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
Hold your horses. You would be who a Range Rover?

no i'd get a range rover maybe a porshe for my partner something like that
Original post by jamesthehustler
no i'd get a range rover maybe a porshe for my partner something like that

Whyyy
If we both had similar income then I don't see why I should have to pay for her just because she's a girl, I'd feel wrong for not letting her pay for things...
Whyyy

if i was making that sort of money then i would but that's up in the £200,000+ per year category but i aim to be there in a decade or so
only a true beta male pays the full fair
you are setting yourslef to be the bitch in the relationship if you do....
Original post by Tomasio
only a true beta male pays the full fair
you are setting yourslef to be the bitch in the relationship if you do....

Interesting that you see it that way.
It's good to know how to change a tire just incase you're by yourself but if a guy is there and doesn't take initiative, it's douchey.

So long as you'd do your part (cooking, kids, etc) I'd happy to do mine (DIY, working, etc.).

But what would give me pause is that if I DID ask you to do it (and I almost never would since I would do it by default), you'd throw up a big fuss about being a girl and ****. That's just bitchy and really undesirable.
I'm just commenting to keep track of this convo.. it's kinda interesting :h:
Original post by donutellme
So long as you'd do your part (cooking, kids, etc) I'd happy to do mine (DIY, working, etc.).

But what would give me pause is that if I DID ask you to do it (and I almost never would since I would do it by default), you'd throw up a big fuss about being a girl and ****. That's just bitchy and really undesirable.

No I wouldn't. I would change the tire eventually anyway. I wouldn't even say anything or ask actually, I'd wait for you to take initiative and if you didn't I would just do it myself but I'd be turned off and annoyed and take note but I'm not one to make a big stink I just do silent treatment.
No I wouldn't. I would change the tire eventually anyway. I wouldn't even say anything or ask actually, I'd wait for you to take initiative and if you didn't I would just do it myself but I'd be turned off and annoyed and take note but I'm not one to make a big stink I just do silent treatment.

Over a tire though...?

But then where's the equality? Shouldn't we both be prepared to do any task at hand?

Don't get me wrong, I'd do the tire straightaway because... well, because that's just the first thing that pops into my head. It wouldn't even occur to me to ask you or maybe even let you. But I'd be really unhappy if you think you're entitled to not to tires just because I'm SUPPOSED to do stuff.

e.g. are you SUPPOSED to cook, but I should both know how to cook, and be happy to cook for you if you don't feel like it or want me to cook instead. I shouldn't simply expect it of you.

In this sense, I'm a bit less old fashioned. I expect you to be able and willing to do everything I am, as that makes us equal. Only by my choice do you not do them, as I choose to take those responsibilities on myself, just as you would for other things.
Over a tire though...?

But then where's the equality? Shouldn't we both be prepared to do any task at hand?

Don't get me wrong, I'd do the tire straightaway because... well, because that's just the first thing that pops into my head. It wouldn't even occur to me to ask you or maybe even let you. But I'd be really unhappy if you think you're entitled to not to tires just because I'm SUPPOSED to do stuff.

e.g. are you SUPPOSED to cook, but I should both know how to cook, and be happy to cook for you if you don't feel like it or want me to cook instead. I shouldn't simply expect it of you.

In this sense, I'm a bit less old fashioned. I expect you to be able and willing to do everything I am, as that makes us equal. Only by my choice do you not do them, as I choose to take those responsibilities on myself, just as you would for other things.

What do you mean over a tire, do you know what involves in changing a tire?
Like I said I'd end up doing it myself however, can you blame me for thinking wtf?

And yes I see your point. Don't expect things.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you mean over a tire, do you know what involves in changing a tire?
Like I said I'd end up doing it myself however, can you blame me for thinking wtf?

And yes I see your point. Don't expect things.

Guess it's just your personality.

If you asked me to cook or anything typically feminine, I wouldn't think wtf. Only if you started getting me to do it normally.

I've changed many tires in the past aha. It's as complicated as making some food.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd go to heaven and hell for my girl. That is if I had one. Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guess it's just your personality.

If you asked me to cook or anything typically feminine, I wouldn't think wtf. Only if you started getting me to do it normally.

I've changed many tires in the past aha. It's as complicated as making some food.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why's that?
Depends if she is a good person and if she deserves it
Why's that?

Because I don't really want to do that sort of stuff. I don't particularly enjoy cooking, so if it's my "role", then I would get bored very quickly. (this could change though)

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't cook. I would happily treat you etc.

Hard to describe my feelings towards it. It should be equal in many senses, but different roles.
I'm more of an old fashion-dude, myself.
Original post by asurafang
I am 100% old fashioned and I'm not gonna lie.

I love feeling like a "gentleman" and I don't care what society say I'm going to be live that forever. I pay for my partner, hold doors for her, pull her chair for her and it makes her feel special. I even feel uncomfortable when shes on the side of the road closer towards the cars.

She loves to cook for me and to take "traditional roles" we both point eachother out if one of us is getting too fat/too skinny and then we work together to get to a healthy weight again.
We both love the way we are so it's not a problem :smile: I imagine nowadays some girls would hate this though.

That's very cute. I went to a sushi place and the couple next to me, they must've been in their 50s, helped his wife put on her jacket, it was so cute. It's cuter then picking up the tab:redface: he was attentive and sweet.
Well old fashion is not my cup of tea but I can be old fashioned in a number of ways...
My favourite quote is the following: A woman, a dog and a chestnut tree, the more you beat them, the better they be. :hat:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by asurafang
I am 100% old fashioned and I'm not gonna lie.

I love feeling like a "gentleman" and I don't care what society say I'm going to be live that forever. I pay for my partner, hold doors for her, pull her chair for her and it makes her feel special. I even feel uncomfortable when shes on the side of the road closer towards the cars.

She loves to cook for me and to take "traditional roles" we both point eachother out if one of us is getting too fat/too skinny and then we work together to get to a healthy weight again.
We both love the way we are so it's not a problem :smile: I imagine nowadays some girls would hate this though.

my ex used to "subtly" push me to walk towards the side further away from the traffic and I never understood why. could you explain that a little, seeing as you do it too? :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending