The Student Room Group

AS revision is crazy

Scroll to see replies

The panic has set in for me :frown:

I'm procrastinating to the point where last night I spent an hour watching A level results videos... not only weird but also rather depressing :-)!!!!!!
Aw guys, try not to worry. :console: You'll all be fine, just take a deep breath and remember that as long as you try your best then that is all that matters. <3 None of you are going to fail. :'3

:five:
Original post by Babs Posh
The panic has set in for me :frown:

I'm procrastinating to the point where last night I spent an hour watching A level results videos... not only weird but also rather depressing :-)!!!!!!

Looooooool dw I watch more and more of those as the exams get closer xD They're weirdly motivating in my opinion haha
Original post by barbiegirl99
and panic has set in...
I honestly feel like I'm going to fail everything.

Original post by dragonhunter
Me too :frown:

Original post by Asad_2015
we are all in the same boat ;(. can't w8 for it to be over

Yall should take Maria's advice. It's pretty solid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay guys do you have any revison handsout or guide which will help me in my AS exam please frward!
Same, I can't even revise properly anymore. It's ridiculous!
Original post by Abdullahmaqbool
okay guys do you have any revison handsout or guide which will help me in my AS exam please frward!

Which exams are you taking?
Reply 27
Original post by lulucoco98
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but A2 gets waaaaay harder. Double what your feeling now and multiply by a 100.

Good luck btw xxx

Original post by samb1234
Honestly id say the jump between gcse and as is bigger than as to a2

I got AAAA at AS and didn't find it too hard compared to GCSE (I did around a week or less of serious revision for each exam, before that a bit here and there but not a lot), but at A2 I'm struggling to get even Bs in certain modules (my history exam and C4) :/

Lucky for me, I only need 75% ums this year to get AAA :smile:

But yeah, for me AS-A2 > GCSE-AS
Original post by BB8
I got AAAA at AS and didn't find it too hard compared to GCSE (I did around a week or less of serious revision for each exam, before that a bit here and there but not a lot), but at A2 I'm struggling to get even Bs in certain modules (my history exam and C4) :/

I'm finding the same! Everyone warns you about the jump between GCSE and AS but nobody ever mentioned the jump between AS and A2.
I'm a bit worried though as we are still quite far from finishing the courses in basically all my subjects- when you say C4, is this core 4 for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by RedNebula
I'm finding the same! Everyone warns you about the jump between GCSE and AS but nobody ever mentioned the jump between AS and A2.
I'm a bit worried though as we are still quite far from finishing the courses in basically all my subjects- when you say C4, is this core 4 for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, edexcel maths :smile: we've finished maths, (a couple of weeks before Easter actually), but I've still got some bio & history to cover. But remember we're in school up to half term this year as exams start later for A2, so we have 2 extra weeks - I wouldn't worry about not being finished yet. How much left have you got to do?
Original post by BB8
Yeah, edexcel maths :smile: we've finished maths, (a couple of weeks before Easter actually), but I've still got some bio & history to cover. But remember we're in school up to half term this year as exams start later for A2, so we have 2 extra weeks - I wouldn't worry about not being finished yet. How much left have you got to do?

I'm on AQA maths and we've got a good chunk of core 4 still to do and some stats. There is probably about 1/4 of the bio course still left to do, and about 1/2 of the music theory for the exam. The biggest topic in Chemistry is still to come, but the next few weeks of that are being taken up by ISAs too. I hope it's long enough...
Good luck with all your exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB8

Fair enough, its just my opinion. I had much better working habits for as compared to gcses so i guess that played a role in why i dont find a2 much harder
Reply 32
I'm on AQA maths and we've got a good chunk of core 4 still to do and some stats. There is probably about 1/4 of the bio course still left to do, and about 1/2 of the music theory for the exam. The biggest topic in Chemistry is still to come, but the next few weeks of that are being taken up by ISAs too. I hope it's long enough...
Good luck with all your exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah wow, that does sound like a lot to cover - but you've still got a full half term to do it in, so I wouldn't be too worried. Your teachers will know how long everything will take and they'll have planned it out.. Although last year my geog teacher started teaching us the stuff for the first section of the skills exam with 1 week of school left..

Good luck to you too! What grades are you aiming for?

Edit: when was your Easter hols by the way? I'm just finishing mine but I know in some areas it started right after actual Easter, not a week later, so you might have been back at school a week already?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by samb1234
Fair enough, its just my opinion. I had much better working habits for as compared to gcses so i guess that played a role in why i dont find a2 much harder

Aha yea, I didn't really have to work at GCSE or AS to get A/A*s so I developed some bad habits.. I guess this year it's finally catching up to me
Original post by BB8
Ah wow, that does sound like a lot to cover - but you've still got a full half term to do it in, so I wouldn't be too worried. Your teachers will know how long everything will take and they'll have planned it out.. Although last year my geog teacher started teaching us the stuff for the first section of the skills exam with 1 week of school left..

Good luck to you too! What grades are you aiming for?

Edit: when was your Easter hols by the way? I'm just finishing mine but I know in some areas it started right after actual Easter, not a week later, so you might have been back at school a week already?

Thanks, I hope you're right! :smile: I originally applied for medicine so that would be As but got rejected so just as good as possible really aha, what about you?

And yeah I've been back at school a week now after easter, I didn't realise some places were later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Thanks, I hope you're right! :smile: I originally applied for medicine so that would be As but got rejected so just as good as possible really aha, what about you?

And yeah I've been back at school a week now after easter, I didn't realise some places were later

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they've fixed the dates of the Easter hols so that it doesn't move around with actual Easter any more, but in some areas the dates of the hols are still dependent on when Easter is. It's a new thing in my county this year though, not sure about elsewhere.

My firm offer will be AAA (I haven't put it into UCAS yet, I have until 8th June and I haven't yet decided on AAB insurance vs ABB), so hopefully I'll get AAA :smile:
Original post by BB8
Yeah, they've fixed the dates of the Easter hols so that it doesn't move around with actual Easter any more, but in some areas the dates of the hols are still dependent on when Easter is. It's a new thing in my county this year though, not sure about elsewhere.

My firm offer will be AAA (I haven't put it into UCAS yet, I have until 8th June and I haven't yet decided on AAB insurance vs ABB), so hopefully I'll get AAA :smile:

Ahh okay, I had no idea :s-smilie:
What did you apply for? And really good luck, I do hope you get it! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by dragonhunter
I'm doing English lit, French and Music. I've been revising constantly all holidays but still feel like I know nothing!!!

I'm mostly panicking about English because there is simply so much to know. French I'm pretty confident and Music was 70% coursework which I've done well in as far as I'm aware, probably going into exam hall with a C grade just from coursework. But English (esp. critics) does my head in.

What about you?

I feel like I've learnt nothing too!! I've done quite a bit of revision everyday in the Easter holidays but i'm scared nothing has gone in and I don't have time to revise it all. I'm doing English Language, Media Studies, Art and Geography.
Reply 38
Ahh okay, I had no idea :s-smilie:
What did you apply for? And really good luck, I do hope you get it! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anthropology (hello not being able to find a job in 3-4 years.. But it looks interesting), and my firm will be UCL :smile:

And thanks! :smile:
Original post by BB8
Aha yea, I didn't really have to work at GCSE or AS to get A/A*s so I developed some bad habits.. I guess this year it's finally catching up to me

Im similar tbh, but last year i was trying to het high ums whereas this year i dont really care that much about the ums as long as i meet my offer

Quick Reply

Latest