Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Who has firmed Reading Univeristy??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by scaphrax
Iv taken 3 years, i actually been to 2 unis in the past but had to leave due to family/financial reasons. Finally managed to save up to fund myself independently. Feel free to ask me anything about uni in general if u have any.
Ah nice! I actually wanted to go to that area of study, Zoology especially but haven't due to my family influences :P I'm gonna be studying pharmacy this year. Have u already applied for accommodation, think I may firm the offer soon as Im unsure if its like a first come first served basis thing. Would personally like to do catered.

Thank you, I started at another university last year and then decided that it wasn't quite the right course! Pharmacy sounds interesting :smile: I have applied for accommodation and I chose the self catered option and put bridges first. Where were you thinking of staying?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 41
Is anyone going to study animal science? :smile:
Original post by yayitsrosie
The exact same thing is happening to me! When did you firm Reading?

The same happened to me, so I called the uni! Was told that if you've only just accepted your offer (I only firmed mine at 1am this morning haha) then it can take 24-48 hours to go through!
Reply 43
Original post by Amethyst44
The same happened to me, so I called the uni! Was told that if you've only just accepted your offer (I only firmed mine at 1am this morning haha) then it can take 24-48 hours to go through!

Ahh okay that makes sense! Although I did apply on Friday but those 24-48 hours may not include the weekend?
Original post by katew18
Thank you, I started at another university last year and then decided that it wasn't quite the right course! Pharmacy sounds interesting :smile: I have applied for accommodation and I chose the self catered option and put bridges first. Where were you thinking of staying?

Planning on going catered this time round, don't want to be living on instant noodles all the time XD, I am going to have to learn to cook soon. Planning on applying for Windsor, near the centre of the campus so it's a good location I guess.
Reply 45
I got unconditional for construction management and are looking at carted but not sure which one.
Reply 46
What did everyone choose for accommodation??
What did everyone choose for accommodation??

I put Greenow and McCombie as my top and then Benyon hall and Sherfield as back ups! What did you put??
Yeah I firmed read in last week too, I applied to do psychology , has anyone any ideas about which accommodation to avoid or like any nice accommodation etc ?
Also did anyone else apply for psychology?
I had my application accepted for St George's (cos I'm a cheapskate) and have paid my deposit :smile: Anyone else gonna be living there?
Reply 51
Original post by woahitslizzie
I put Greenow and McCombie as my top and then Benyon hall and Sherfield as back ups! What did you put??

I went for bridges with shared bathroom, then sherfield and St Georges hall
Reply 52
I had my application accepted for St George's (cos I'm a cheapskate) and have paid my deposit :smile: Anyone else gonna be living there?

How did you pay the deposit? I emailed and they told me you have to wait to see if you get into the uni, after results day, before you pay??
Reply 53
Original post by Butler1234
Yeah I firmed read in last week too, I applied to do psychology , has anyone any ideas about which accommodation to avoid or like any nice accommodation etc ?

I'd say avoid Wessex and Windsor, they aren't the nicest haha
How did you pay the deposit? I emailed and they told me you have to wait to see if you get into the uni, after results day, before you pay??

I had an unconditional offer, as I've had my a levels a few years already, so I could pay straight away :smile:
Reply 55
Hi! I've applied to Reading for Politics and International Relations, accepted my unconditional offer and I was wondering if anyone has applied to Bridges Hall? That's where I'll be staying.
I had an unconditional offer, as I've had my a levels a few years already, so I could pay straight away :smile:

If you have an unconditional are you allowed to pay your deposit straight away then? I'm an unconditional holder too but haven't chosen accommodation yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Knittens
Hi! I've applied to Reading for Politics and International Relations, accepted my unconditional offer and I was wondering if anyone has applied to Bridges Hall? That's where I'll be staying.

Doing a different course,but my first choice of accommodation was Bridges
whats wrong with windsor halls?
Original post by Hattie101
I've just firmed Reading a few days ago to do Business management. I've been reading page after page about all the accommodation and I decided to put Wessex as my first choice and Bridges as my second because I read some where that because the halls are so new the security is pretty tight on them and they don't like a lot of partying.

I was wondering if anyone who is already at Reading is aware of how often grades get lowered to go in? As I have been offer AAB and although this is not unobtainable I do often wonder whether or not these are the grades I will be achieving. Please let me know if anyone knows of anybody or who themselves have had their grades lowered on results day as this may re-kindle my beliefs into getting into the uni I desire (Reading).

Hi Hattie.
The answer to your 'dropped grades' question is, inevitably, going to depend on the situation in August, when all the results are in. The University reviews that situation during the week before the A-level results are 'officially' published and makes decisions on whether to drop grades, by how much and (importantly for you) for what courses. The good news for you is that the University knows it can drop a grade or two for courses in the Henley Business School and still get 'good quality' students....so they often come to us and ask/tell us to open the doors to applicants who have dropped one or two grades. The 'bad' news is that Business Management is one of the most popular courses in the University, so the applicant/entrant ratio is pretty high. However if we have the same situation as we have had over the last four years, you will probably get a place even if you drop a grade (or two).
Joe (Henley staff member)

Quick Reply

Latest