The Student Room Group

4 wives

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144
You don't appear to have much sympathy for your aunt.

Your post reeks of trollism, you're not asking for advice or even complaining. It looks very like the purpose of this this thread is to laugh at polygamy.

And how am I laughing polygamy?

It's an emoticon it doesn't really signify anything, I wasn't full on laughing or even laughing.

You are looking too deep.
You just joined yesterday.
Try again troll
Original post by fatima1998
if your uncle failed to take responsibility then he will go to hell without any further procedures :u:

Stop making up lies, it does not say that in the Q'uran!!!
Original post by Anonymous
You just joined yesterday.
Try again troll

Well yeah duhhhh my other account is under temporary shut down till next week.

But point to how my thread is a troll thread?

I see no sign of trolling.
Reply 24
i definitely disagree with these kind of things.

firstly it's not fair - he can have 2 wives, but women are supposed to be loyal, faithful, cook, clean, kids and follow everything he's saying? hell no.

and it's their married life after all. if she doesn't like it, she can walk away and live her life.
if she wants to stay with him, or she's to scared of 'what x y z will think' - it's her choice also.
Its not allowed for a Husband to remarry if his first wife is not happy. So you're Uncle will be sinning if he does that.
I'm surprised ISOC haven't come on to this: the husband needs permission from the first wife. She needs to be OK with it. Defo troll.

Oh **** off!!

Obviously the wife is giving the impression that she's fine with it. And the husband has no idea of her true feelings.

But behind closed doors it's totally different.
I'm surprised ISOC haven't come on to this: the husband needs permission from the first wife. She needs to be OK with it. Defo troll.

Actually she doesn't because it's his Islamic "right" to take up to 4 wives provided that he can provide for all of them and threat them equally. However the woman can stipulate a "no polygamy" clause in the marriage contract to prevent him from remarrying. If she hasn't done so then Islamically she can't stop him.

I do know of a couple of women who were living in the UK when their husbands were foolish enough to get second wives. Since the second marriage is not recognised here, one of them used the unofficial second marriage certificate to prove infidelity and got a handsome divorce settlement along with the house and kids. The other refused to allow him into the house is making divorce extremely difficult so that he can't bring his second wife over here. LOL! Hope that every man despicable enough to do this to his wife gets what he deserves.
Original post by Rub-a-dub dub
Oh **** off!!

Obviously the wife is giving the impression that she's fine with it. And the husband has no idea of her true feelings.

But behind closed doors it's totally different.

That's a new problem. It's more to do with her being honest with her husband. The reason I called you a troll is because the OP seems too far fetched. I can make a thread about Christianity: "My nephew just died before getting baptized. But know I'm sad he's not going heaven." See?
My uncle is -planning to marry a second wife, and his current wife is distraught and depressed, but she has to come to terms that what he is doing is halal and a sunnah of the prophet, I have to admit that's not right though. This is total disregard of the females opinions and feelings. and just puts the men as priority in the relationship while the women are swept under the rug.

Isn't having 4 wives in Islam like having 4 side chicks? but instead of complaining like Western women, they have to oblige and be honkey dorey with the whole thing.

How the hell is it sunnah? The prophet married again after his wife passed away. Your uncles wife hasn't passed away yet. Also the prophet didn't marry women for sexual desires, a lot of them were widowed, divorced, elderly ect to show us that there is no shame in marrying the likes of these women since even in today's society there is a negative stigma attached.

Your uncle has to also be 100% just with his wives in all matters, only he knows deeply if he can handle it.

I would advise that every girl should write a 'no second marriage' condition in the marriage contract so these men won't carry on doing naughty things in disguise of 'halal'.
My uncle is -planning to marry a second wife, and his current wife is distraught and depressed, but she has to come to terms that what he is doing is halal and a sunnah of the prophet, I have to admit that's not right though. This is total disregard of the females opinions and feelings. and just puts the men as priority in the relationship while the women are swept under the rug.

Isn't having 4 wives in Islam like having 4 side chicks? but instead of complaining like Western women, they have to oblige and be honkey dorey with the whole thing.

Dude, I'm just sitting here thinking of the possibilities of being with 4 wives in 1 night. :shock: :sexface: :laugh: :rofl:

Brain: It's going to be .... LEGEN ... wait for it .... DARY!

Original post by Think People
In Islam marrying more than 1 wife comes with many responsibilities.
Im sure your uncle will be just towards both of them.

It isn't even just to the first one to marry the second.
Reply 32
This is why you speak out beforehand and get it written in your marriage contract.
Every Muslim woman should know this if she doesn't want her husband to remarry.
(edited 8 years ago)

Actually Islamically a man doesn't need his wife's permission if he wishes to marry another woman. Though a decent human should realise that's the correct thing to do anyway
Original post by yasminkattan
Actually Islamically a man doesn't need his wife's permission if he wishes to marry another woman. Though a decent human should realise that's the correct thing to do anyway

Can you provide the evidence for this statement?

Secondly, are you thereby stating that following Islam allow you to be a decent person, seen as you've stated 'Islamically' and 'a decent human'...
A guy like him might think that it's okay to have more than one wife but I bet he wouldn't like it so much if his wife decided to get another man :colonhash:

Religion is just so unfair in many ways :s-smilie:
Original post by Indeterminate
A guy like him might think that it's okay to have more than one wife but I bet he wouldn't like it so much if his wife decided to get another man :colonhash:

Religion is just so unfair in many ways :s-smilie:

I always thought you were Muslim?:s-smilie:
:borat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending