The Student Room Group

Putting your a-levels before things

Obviously the workload from GCSE to a-levels is a big jump and you have to make a lot more time for doing readings, revision and past papers and such.
But, my friends and family have told me (quite a few times) that they feel I've put my a-levels in front of 'too many' things (I think its important to note that I'm the only person in my family and friendship group to be doing a-levels)
So, basically, since starting a-levels I've stopped going out and involving myself in stuff that isn't sixth form-work related but is that ok? I mean I was never a particularly sociable person at GCSE but this is the only time I will ever really have to do my a-levels and get into uni, I don't want to waste it.
I'm in the A2 year and I was wondering where 'the line' is between not doing enough work for your a-levels and not involving yourself enough in life outside of a-levels stands.
Seriously, just ignore them. You're doing A levels for two years (one year left) and they are an important step to your future, you'll have plenty of time to spend with other people once you're finished. But don't spend every second of the day revising, more because you'll go crazy than anything else. Maybe spend your downtime with your family and friends so they don't feel ignored, but definitely don't priorities spending time with them over A levels, you'll only regret it.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply and yeah I get what you mean; work now mates later
Reply 3
I would definitely say I didn't put enough work in for my AS year and that's why I'm always worrying about if I've done enough work for this year
Yeah I live at my desk and know the feeling. Pay the price now and reap the benefits later. Good luck!!

Skips :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest