The Student Room Group

Why is medical cannabis illegal, when we use heroin as a painkiller?

I don't understand. What possible justification is there????????
Reply 1
thats the system man...useless
We are ruled by morons.
Reply 3
Well apparently it was banned when someone found out how to process hemp to be a major competitor against traditional paper. So some rich MF ran a news story saying how black people were smoking it and raping women, the public listened and the law went through to ban hemp and therefore cannabis.
LSD also has potential medical applications but research got shut off by puritanical muppets.
Reply 5
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
We are ruled by morons.

Well I'd say the only morons here are the ones comparing medical drugs like Morphine to street Heroin. I'm all for a liberalization of drug laws, but I struggle to see why destructive substances like heroin that tend to drag their users into an early death and a life of crime should be legal. Especially based on an argument of we give it to people in serious pain under medical supervision so why not everyone?
Hear, hear! The "heroin" used as a painkiller isn't Street heroin and I administered by medical professionals, not the user, or is strictly controlled unless I'm mistaken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Well I'd say the only morons here are the ones comparing medical drugs like Morphine to street Heroin.

I'm comparing using opioids, where the street versions of that drug are very damaging, in medicine whilst at the same time it's illegal to use cannabiniods in a medical capacity, when the street drug is as far as drugs go very mild. Not that the effects of the street drugs need to even be relevant, but in this case they are as there is an irrational blanket banning on anything cannabis related. Which is moronic. Same with LCD. There are potential medical applications, but due to a moronic irrational blanket ban which is based on the street use of these drugs a load of potential medical avenues are shut off to us. It is like banning morphine as a pain killer just because it is an opioid like it;s street variant herione.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's probably more to do with the fact that being off your nut is an undesirable consequence of using cannabis medicinally when we have alternative therapies that could achieve the same goals without getting you stoned.
Original post by MasonM
Well apparently it was banned when someone found out how to process hemp to be a major competitor against traditional paper. So some rich MF ran a news story saying how black people were smoking it and raping women, the public listened and the law went through to ban hemp and therefore cannabis.

In a america it was banned largely based on xenophobia and racism against latin Americans. When it comes to prohibition of drugs there is almost always a social prejudice against people who use it that comes into it.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
LSD also has potential medical applications but research got shut off by puritanical muppets.

Tbf, the guy that invented PCR (v v important for genetic testing) had his epiphany whilst ****ed on LSD. He hallucinated the DNA strands coming apart. When asked in an interview whether he would have discovered PCR without LSD he said probably not.

I say give free LSD to scientists and medical students so they can discover shizz, hence advancing medical science and improving patient care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
Tbf, the guy that invented PCR (v v important for genetic testing) had his epiphany whilst ****ed on LSD. He hallucinated the DNA strands coming apart. When asked in an interview whether he would have discovered PCR without LSD he said probably not.

I say give free LSD to scientists and medical students so they can discover shizz, hence advancing medical science and improving patient care

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds like a joke but there probably should be some utilitarian merit to this :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending