The Student Room Group

I feel I'm going to fail my GCSEs - I really think I won't get GCSEs to go college

I've been studying for 3 weeks now and I've got another 3 weeks to go before my first exam.... My mum has said that she's given up on me after she's constantly had to nag me and get me to study... I've never bought any homework home before so now that it's come to studying I'm very reluctant to do any... I have however been revising atleast 2 hours everyday after school and up to 6 hours over the weekend.

I feel that I'm going to fail partly because of my school and partly because of myself... One reason being the homework thing I just mentioned. I partly blame my school because of how unorganised it is. The teachers I have for physics and chemistry are also rubbish... I feel I've learnt nothing from having them. I'm worried now that my mums given up on me that I'm going to fail. She said I'm going to end up like my dad ( who doesn't live with me) in a bad job for the rest of my life.

I'm hoping to be able to go to the college of my choice next September but I need 5 A* - C to get in.

I believe I've got:
Maths
English Language
And Graphics...

Which means I need both my sciences or one of my sciences and English literature to get in. My grades at the moment I won't mention because they are just below average, I'm not going to fail all my GCSEs but I'm just worried I'm not revising right or enough and all that. My friends don't seem to be studying at all and yet they've got the same grades as me and aren't worried at all.

I really need some helpful revision tips and you opinions on what I should do...

Thanks
Original post by JakeElliott
I've been studying for 3 weeks now and I've got another 3 weeks to go before my first exam.... My mum has said that she's given up on me after she's constantly had to nag me and get me to study... I've never bought any homework home before so now that it's come to studying I'm very reluctant to do any... I have however been revising atleast 2 hours everyday after school and up to 6 hours over the weekend.

I feel that I'm going to fail partly because of my school and partly because of myself... One reason being the homework thing I just mentioned. I partly blame my school because of how unorganised it is. The teachers I have for physics and chemistry are also rubbish... I feel I've learnt nothing from having them. I'm worried now that my mums given up on me that I'm going to fail. She said I'm going to end up like my dad ( who doesn't live with me) in a bad job for the rest of my life.

I'm hoping to be able to go to the college of my choice next September but I need 5 A* - C to get in.

I believe I've got:
Maths
English Language
And Graphics...

Which means I need both my sciences or one of my sciences and English literature to get in. My grades at the moment I won't mention because they are just below average, I'm not going to fail all my GCSEs but I'm just worried I'm not revising right or enough and all that. My friends don't seem to be studying at all and yet they've got the same grades as me and aren't worried at all.

I really need some helpful revision tips and you opinions on what I should do...

Thanks

What you should do is continue revising! For subjects like science, past papers are really important and for Eng Lit, find as many quotes and good page references as you can. Also, if you haven't already, consider making a revision timetable so that you feel on top of your studying and are confident you'll manage to fit everything in.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest