The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sahra30013
I think you should first look at the trends if that certain exam? What always comes up? What sometimes comes up? What rarely or never comes up? The rare ones I would presume to be the hard ones so I would focus on those more. Also, read the specification. By reading it, you would not be surprised by the questions that come up.
Hope that helps:smile:

I've read the specification :biggrin: However, I haven't looked at the trends on the papers. Do you think people predictions is good to really on? I mean it isn't always the right thing
Original post by nisha.sri
I've read the specification :biggrin: However, I haven't looked at the trends on the papers. Do you think people predictions is good to really on? I mean it isn't always the right thing

You can never rely on predictions as exam questions can be really random. Questions can sometimes be on new themes or contexts which you may have not predicted. So revise all the content and analysis so you can produce an awesome answer to any question as your knowledge on the topic should be on point.

Not all the time, no but looking at the trends has helped me with previous exams. Predicting what's going to come up will cannot always work but just in case some thing in the content comes up that hasn't come up in the past papers, you'll at least know it.
I know it sound confusing but I guess it is also important to learn everything in the content
Original post by brainzistheword
Yeah I do so don't feel like you have to do so much, do enough to make you feel confident :smile:

aww thts so nice of you can you tell me how to revise cause im iin year 9 and taking the new GCSEs :smile:
hey everyone, when is your first exam? what exam is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first exam is on the 17th may French and Biology unit 1
My first exam is on the 17th may French and Biology unit 1

My first exam is in 2 weeks, english language lol! Then my next 2 are biology 1 and french as well :smile: so I have a 2 week break between my first exam and my second/third exam lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
My first exam is in 2 weeks, english language lol! Then my next 2 are biology 1 and french as well :smile: so I have a 2 week break between my first exam and my second/third exam lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: Are you ready for your exams? and wow in 2 weeks is that the Cambridge one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first exam is in the 16th May RE and use of maths
Aha same, i mean my science class is really dedicated well most of my classes are except from my english class

So technically 12 gcse but 13 including the Level 3 algebra but that's graded as Pass/ Fail.
What about you ?

Original post by GCSEstudentt
I have 24 exams but it only adds up to 10 qualifications :frown:

Original post by NiamhM1801
I'll get 11 at the end of it, most of my subjects have multiple exams

Wow ok, I have 17 or 18 exams but get 10 GCSEs at the end of it - this is strange
:smile: Are you ready for your exams? and wow in 2 weeks is that the Cambridge one?

Im confident hahaha. However not so confident with english lit! Aiming for 8A*s 2As hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mayu123
aww thts so nice of you can you tell me how to revise cause im iin year 9 and taking the new GCSEs :smile:

There are many ways and if you want the best possible chance I would suggest finding out which ways you like best by experimenting now whilst you have the chance - I wish I had

As you are on the new GCSEs you really need to know everything inside out so the more times you go over things the better chance you have of remembering them :smile:

hey everyone, when is your first exam? what exam is it

Mine's on the 18th May and it is ICT, so I have 30 days 16 hours and 3 minutes (bit less by the time you read this :smile:)
Im confident hahaha. However not so confident with english lit! Aiming for 8A*s 2As hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here how weird. What's your board for english lit ? Mine WJEC :smile:
3 hours of maths done today: a past paper for hw and some sheets from my tutor. I was out all day yesterday so did nothing. Revision timetable starts hopefully I stick to it! Little bit of German revision for a vocab test on Tuesday. Now time for some B3 revision for Tuesday's test and maybe some English hw. Followed by printing past papers for this week ahead.

Also I have decided I want 6A* 4A but realistically believe I'll get 3A* 6A 1B. Time to get my head down and get those grades!!
Original post by ladybird29
3 hours of maths done today: a past paper for hw and some sheets from my tutor. I was out all day yesterday so did nothing. Revision timetable starts hopefully I stick to it! Little bit of German revision for a vocab test on Tuesday. Now time for some B3 revision for Tuesday's test and maybe some English hw. Followed by printing past papers for this week ahead.

Also I have decided I want 6A* 4A but realistically believe I'll get 3A* 6A 1B. Time to get my head down and get those grades!!

Well done today and it's great to see you want to push yourself - I'm sure with your level of commitment you will succeed
I have 13 gcse's with 23/24 exams. I know it's a shame :frown:

Physics - 3 exams
Chemistry - 3 exams
French -2 exams
English Lit-2 exams
English Lang-2 exams
RS-4 exams
Sociology- 2 exams
Geography-3 exams
ICT-1 exam
Maths-2 exams

How sad :frown:
Original post by GCSEstudentt
Physics - 3 exams
Chemistry - 3 exams
French -2 exams
English Lit-2 exams
English Lang-2 exams
RS-4 exams
Sociology- 2 exams
Geography-3 exams
ICT-1 exam
Maths-2 exams

How sad :frown:

I do feel sorry for you :frown: I have 23 exams and your R.S exam WOW 4 exams!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Chemistry + Biology + Physics = 9 exams ( GREAT! )
French = 2 exams
English Literature = 2 exams
English Language = 2 exams
Psychology = 2 exams
Geography = 3 exams
Maths = 2 exams
Statistics = 1 exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here
Same here how weird. What's your board for english lit ? Mine WJEC :smile:

Hahaha! My exam board is AQA lol. Im just terrible at analysing so I just do really badly in english!

Posted from TSR Mobile
back to school tomorrow, going to have an early night so that i am ready in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending