The Student Room Group

What is a good drink for a guy to buy on a first date?

I'm a 22 year old guy who's taking a girl out for a drink tomorrow night, what is a good drink that guy's buy on a first date? Obviously don't want to be ordering your standard 'pint' as if i'm out with my mates
Original post by LyleMU93
I'm a 22 year old guy who's taking a girl out for a drink tomorrow night, what is a good drink that guy's buy on a first date? Obviously don't want to be ordering your standard 'pint' as if i'm out with my mates

Erm. For her I'm assumining? pub or a proper bar?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Erm. For her I'm assumining? pub or a proper bar?

for myself! and proper bar
Just get a drink you feel comfortable getting. Don't go for something to just make her impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about get both of you cocktails like a cosmopolitan or something fancy? A bit of alcohol's always good to loosen any nerves I find! Or just ask her what she likes and order the same :smile: I don't think there's anything wrong with you having a pint or cider though or what ever you'd normally order, just be yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you tried a gin & tonic before? That oozes sophistication! Or go for a cocktail. Although coctails aren't particularly masculine they're a creative alternative and are drunk by surprisingly many groups of men on nights out!
If you're buying for yourself and don't want to buy a pint then drink a fizzy drink & spirit mixer eg. Vodka coke, vodka lemonade, gin & tonic, Jack and coke etc.

But seriously there's nothing wrong with a pint. If she's more arsed about what you're drinking then you yourself and the actual date she ain't the right girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending