The Student Room Group

Sandhurst Academy, Help?!

I'm currently studying my AS courses, and upon leaving school I would like to train as an officer in the British Army.

Now, this is where I'm stuck. I am aware Sandhurst requires a minimum of 180 UCAS points to be considered, of which I am predicted to receive if I carry on at the level I'm at.

What I don't understand is how one would go about applying. I have seen from their website applications for sixth formers, but it requires an application before beginning sixth form. The other is an application for Undergraduates in university.

So in all, will I now have to go to university and get a degree in order to go to Sandhurst, or is there some other way?
Any help would be great!
There is no requirement on joining RMAS for you to be a University Graduate. You should be able to apply via the Army website by creating an account and filling out the relevant details. Failing that, your best option is to visit your local AFCO as they'll be able to help you better that anyone.
If you decide to go to university you can join an OTC ( officers training corps) I think they hand out bursaries etc during your course and they'll help you through the different stages to becoming an officer.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
If you decide to go to university you can join an OTC ( officers training corps) I think they hand out bursaries etc during your course and they'll help you through the different stages to becoming an officer.

I think, by the sounds of his original post, Scottyy1189 is intent on not going to university.
Original post by NovemberWhiskey
I think, by the sounds of his original post, Scottyy1189 is intent on not going to university.

Ah I see I took it as them debating whether to go or not
I've only just realised your username, very nice haha.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
Ah I see I took it as them debating whether to go or not
I've only just realised your username, very nice haha.

Who's username?
Original post by NovemberWhiskey
Who's username?

Yours, because of the phonetic alphabet and the army etc

Quick Reply

Latest