The Student Room Group

GET STRAIGHT A*s | GCSEs/Exam Revision Tips! - 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serkan Marasli
I dont do inspector calls...

For of mice and men, make sure you know every single detail about ever character... once again, it is like the other... make relevant points and you gain marks.. But like i said, make sure you know everything about each character, especially Carlson and Slim (Carlson has never come up yet).

Thanks.How about Whit?He's really really minor
Original post by Blancosdos
Thanks.How about Whit?He's really really minor

Whitey? that guy that's mentioned once? he would never come up
Start: 18th May
End: 24th June

In may, i have an exam on the 18th, 23,24,25,26,27
and in June i have an exam every day with sometimes 2 in 1 day :smile:

Thats a really good video btw. Gave me some sort of a motivation to start revision properly! :colondollar: Annd I've actually found someone here doing the same science board as me!!!:beer:
woooooooooow ahahha. Everyone says i look young (this was when i didn't have my beard) so maybe it's the beard?

Idk haha you should do more revision videos :smile:
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Thats a really good video btw. Gave me some sort of a motivation to start revision properly! :colondollar: Annd I've actually found someone here doing the same science board as me!!!:beer:

hahahah thanks <3<3 i havent really got this much support before...

and work hard now, live your life like a king later... that's call i have to say
Original post by nisha.sri
Idk haha you should do more revision videos :smile:

how come? do i have a funny look to me
(edited 7 years ago)
how come? do i have a funny look to me :smile: or you just wanna keep seeing my face :smile: :smile:

I'm not that type of girl :smile: and no it's just good but if you don't want to do it then don't :smile: Just saying :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
I'm not that type of girl :smile: and no it's just good but if you don't want to do it then don't :smile: Just saying :biggrin:

idk, maybe in the future but at the moment... i wanna do educational stuffy majikies.
idk, maybe in the future but at the moment... i wanna do educational stuffy majikies.

Ok
Really good video and predicted grades

Keep up the good work!!!
Thank God for coursework, knowing what I got has kicked me up the bum to revise and get good marks.
90/90 on Food Tech
76/80 on Ict
A* English Language (added together)
40/40 on Shakespeare/poems essay :smile:

Good Luck Guys, only a month from today until my first exam, bloody R.E :P
Original post by the-future-medic
Really good video and predicted grades

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks <3<3 Appreciated the support
Original post by gemmastewart94
Thank God for coursework, knowing what I got has kicked me up the bum to revise and get good marks.
90/90 on Food Tech
76/80 on Ict
A* English Language (added together)
40/40 on Shakespeare/poems essay :smile:

Good Luck Guys, only a month from today until my first exam, bloody R.E :P

yeee coursework = bae... exams are not that hard but when u have like 20 in 1 month its so stressful.
Hii what exam board are you on for English, maths and science?

Original post by zanner
RE aint too bad! I find it rrrly easy so I'm glad it's an easy start.
Hahaahahah that's the best way I learn tbh, doing past papers - seeing what i cant do, and revising that. I'm aiming for A* in the three separate sciences and im still on unit 1 for each.... sickkkkkkkkk (doomed af)

I have 22 exams i think total wby
Reply 74
Original post by Tiara006
Hii what exam board are you on for English, maths and science?

english lang & lit - WJEC
bio, chem, physics - AQA
Maths - Edexcel

wby
Original post by zanner
bio, chem, physics - AQA
Maths - Edexcel

wby

I'm on the same exam boards 😊 although I did English literature last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by BobbiBlue
I'm on the same exam boards 😊 although I did English literature last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

how was literature?
Original post by zanner
how was literature?

It was quite hard and I managed to scrape an A but you just had to make sure you have clear points with evidence and you will get marks. I completely failed on the poem section so I would practise that a lot and make sure you know your techniques as they get easily get you marks in the exam if you are stuck. Above all if you don't panic you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zanner
bio, chem, physics - AQA
Maths - Edexcel

wby

Woahh I just realised we've got the exact same exam boards for those subjects... :eek:
Reply 79
Original post by BobbiBlue
It was quite hard and I managed to scrape an A but you just had to make sure you have clear points with evidence and you will get marks. I completely failed on the poem section so I would practise that a lot and make sure you know your techniques as they get easily get you marks in the exam if you are stuck. Above all if you don't panic you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to practice the poetry section as that is actually my weakest section. Thanks again!

Original post by TheOtherSide.
Woahh I just realised we've got the exact same exam boards for those subjects... :eek:

woahhhh ur on the same exam board for english so its easier to help iniii

Quick Reply

Latest