The Student Room Group

So does anyone now regret any of their A Level choices?

I regret picking a BTEC in Business, but hey we all do stupid stuff sometimes, what about you? do you regret your A Level?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D.J
I regret picking a BTEC in Business, but hey we all do stupid stuff sometimes, what about you? do you regret your A Level?

I don't regret 3/4 of my choices, however I do regret picking AS Level Economics and I wish I had chosen AS History instead, or maybe even AS Psychology. Ah well, you live and you learn - it's not too bad, it's just not as interesting to me as my other subjects. And I miss History!
Reply 2
Original post by creative_lad28
I don't regret 3/4 of my choices, however I do regret picking AS Level Economics and I wish I had chosen AS History instead, or maybe even AS Psychology. Ah well, you live and you learn - it's not too bad, it's just not as interesting to me as my other subjects. And I miss History!

I was going to pick History aswell!
A few years ago now, but i regretted maths.
OCR Cambridge Technical in Media what a load of ****.

If anyone wants to do Media at GCSE/A Level, speak to me first and I'll tell you how disappointed you'll be.
I regret chemistry I wish I picked computer science or something because its more difficult than maths/fm
Reply 6
Original post by Rhythmical
OCR Cambridge Technical in Media what a load of ****.

If anyone wants to do Media at GCSE/A Level, speak to me first and I'll tell you how disappointed you'll be.

Go on...
I regret choosing physics
Reply 8
Chemistry, its a nightmare
Regret Geography - the most boring subject I feel I've ever done
Only doing it as I seem to be naturally good at it.
The lessons and essays make my brain want the melt away though
Original post by D.J
Go on...

Do you want to take it? If you do, what are your expectations of it firstly?
Reply 11
Do you want to take it? If you do, what are your expectations of it firstly?

I dont take it just interested
Original post by D.J
I dont take it just interested

Erm well I've created film/TV posters, come up with a film and game idea and analysed reviews of games and adverts. A lot of people think you watch films but it is completely wrong.
Reply 13
Erm well I've created film/TV posters, come up with a film and game idea and analysed reviews of games and adverts. A lot of people think you watch films but it is completely wrong.

It sounds fun though
i doth not regreteth taking btec nail art
Reply 15
Taking Biology has become the biggest mistake in my entire life.

Original post by tcameron

I feel you. I dropped it at the start of yr13
Original post by D.J

Wish I did FM or physics instead of biology...
Original post by D.J

I regret taking all A-Levels, especially A-Level Business, wish i did BTECs now. :pinch::noway:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by tcameron

Same.. I dropped geog after AS even though it was the subject I technically did best in

I wish I'd taken chemistry instead, I have bio & maths and chemistry would have been a better fit & far, far more useful. I know it's hard - that was the reason I didn't take it, but now I wish that hadn't deterred me
Original post by D.J
It sounds fun though

It sounds it and at times it can be, but you lose your creativity and you'll be wondering where it has gone. The reason why people need to know what it involves first that they assume it is just watching films at first.

Quick Reply

Latest