The Student Room Group

What grades do I need this year to achieve ABB overall?

Hiya, so I'm just about to firm Kent uni.
For my course I need ABB results. Last year I gained AABB grades with this UMS:

Psychology paper 1: 78 (B)
Psychology paper 2: 85 (A)
Sociology paper 1: 78 (A)
Sociology paper 2: 106 (A)
English Language Paper 1: 88 (B)
English Language Paper 2: 61 (B)
History paper 1: 82 (A)
History paper 2: 58 (D) (I am resitting this paper in a few weeks, hoping to achieve a C or B in this paper with a resit)

With that, what are the lowest possible grades I could achieve in A2, but still gain ABB this year?
I turned down an unconditional from Sussex for Kent, so hoping it won't be overly difficult to get to Kent >.<
Reply 1
Original post by OliviaCarter
Hiya, so I'm just about to firm Kent uni.
For my course I need ABB results. Last year I gained AABB grades with this UMS:

Psychology paper 1: 78 (B)
Psychology paper 2: 85 (A)
Sociology paper 1: 78 (A)
Sociology paper 2: 106 (A)
English Language Paper 1: 88 (B)
English Language Paper 2: 61 (B)
History paper 1: 82 (A)
History paper 2: 58 (D) (I am resitting this paper in a few weeks, hoping to achieve a C or B in this paper with a resit)

With that, what are the lowest possible grades I could achieve in A2, but still gain ABB this year?
I turned down an unconditional from Sussex for Kent, so hoping it won't be overly difficult to get to Kent >.<

For a 4 unit (400 ums) A level:

320 ums total - A
280 ums total - B

Subtract the total ums you achieved at AS for one subject from 320 or 280, to get the ums you need at A2

Divide this by 200 to get the % ums average you'd need at A2 (200 is the total ums available at A2)

For the one you are resitting, take off what you got for the other unit from your desired grade and then divide by 200+the ums available in the unit you are resitting, this will give you an average ums % for the A2 exams and the one you're resitting

The %s are the lowest you'd need to get the number of ums you subtracted your AS scores from

Quick Reply

Latest