The Student Room Group

So does anyone now regret any of their A Level choices?

Scroll to see replies

I wish I didn't pick Biology. Hate it.

Should've done Classics or Economics
physics by far
I quite like my subjects atm. But if I had the choice again I would have done the three sciences and Geography instead.
Original post by D.J
I regret picking a BTEC in Business, but hey we all do stupid stuff sometimes, what about you? do you regret your A Level?

I love biology and psychology but as health and social is so boring I wish I had taken maths tbh
Original post by BB8
Same.. I dropped geog after AS even though it was the subject I technically did best in

I wish I'd taken chemistry instead, I have bio & maths and chemistry would have been a better fit & far, far more useful. I know it's hard - that was the reason I didn't take it, but now I wish that hadn't deterred me

I personally find chemistry more manageable than biology - biology has tooo many weird application questions for my liking..
Honestly chemistry isn't so hard (it's my favourite of my subjects anyways) - don't understand why some think it's harder than maths/fm/physics :/
Reply 25
Psychology is the worst subject I've ever done... It's even worse than physics (and I hated physics).

Never do psychology, it's the subject from hell
Original post by D.J
I regret picking a BTEC in Business, but hey we all do stupid stuff sometimes, what about you? do you regret your A Level?

The grammar in the thread title is regretful.
I wish I had known what uni course I wanted to do sooner; I wouldn't have done AS psychology ( biggest waste of my time :lol: ) and I wouldn't have done a-level art, it was soooo much work and although it was enjoyable I would have been better off doing further maths and only spending 2 years at sixth form rather than 3.
English language is the absolute bane of my life, I hate every moment of it :angry:
sociology
Reply 30
Original post by tcameron
I personally find chemistry more manageable than biology - biology has tooo many weird application questions for my liking..
Honestly chemistry isn't so hard (it's my favourite of my subjects anyways) - don't understand why some think it's harder than maths/fm/physics :/

Really? What exam board are you on?
Original post by Azzer11
The grammar in the thread title is regretful.

Yes, it is perhaps a bit *regrettable* but spelling 'their choice' wrong is a very common error after all. Perhaps they are regretful now. I however am probably more regretful about the fact that I didn't take AH History but, oh well, I may get the chance at university!

You live and burn... or do I mean learn...? :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BB8
Really? What exam board are you on?

OCR for both
Reply 33
I'm doing maths, physics, ICT and applied business now but I'm worried that I picked the wrong subjects. I know I'll get good grades but I'm worried that I won't get into Bristol or Bath for mechanical engineering. What do you guys think?
No way. It's been a messy path with taking on an extra subject, then dropping one, then dropping another due to stress, then changing career paths- but all this changing made me realize what I really want for my future and just how much I'm willing to work. Got 2 week hospital work experience, going on an expedition to Ecuador in the summer and finally starting to see academic progress. Wouldn't go back and re-choose my subjects again at all
I picked History, English Lit, Government & Politics, and BTEC Applied Law,

I regret Law and wished I picked Maths instead. Even though it's ridiculously easy and 100% coursework, and it's impossible not to get a Distinction if you're not totally brain-dead, it's not as respected because it's a BTEC, and it's not even necessary or even helpful for doing Law at uni, which was my original intention. Maths would have kept my options open more (thinking that maybe I would like to do Computer Science).
Reply 36
No, I really love my 4 A-level choices
Should've done Physics instead of Biology and maybe FM instead of Chemistry
I like all my subjects and genuinely enjoy them and find them interesting. However I do wish chemistry had less content than it does. For as much of it that I enjoy, there is twice as much that I dislike and just find tedious. There is so much information, my chemistry folder is like 3 times as big as for my other subjects (economics, maths and further maths).
I regret doing AS Psychology last year, but then again, I don't know what I would have done instead. I would have loved to have done Classics but my school didn't offer it. Oh well, I did alright in Psychology last year, although not as well as my other subjects, and I like the three subjects that I'm doing at A2.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest