The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanBrandon89
Thanks mate that is re-assuring. Mine took placein newcastle city centre. There was a couple of candidates that had travelled all the way from Scotland and other places up north. I was very surprised.

Yeah was similar to mine. They told me I would get invited to an assessment centre once there was enough candidates from my area. On the day they were from all over the south.
Original post by Ashly1990
Yeah was similar to mine. They told me I would get invited to an assessment centre once there was enough candidates from my area. On the day they were from all over the south.

Ahh just goes to show how competitive it is. Was your interview for a specific openreach position or just service delivery as far as you know ?
Ahh just goes to show how competitive it is. Was your interview for a specific openreach position or just service delivery as far as you know ?

Mine was for service delivery, during the interview they asked if I have a specific role I wanted and gave me three choices. One was service delivery and that's what I want to do myself.
Mine was for service delivery, during the interview they asked if I have a specific role I wanted and gave me three choices. One was service delivery and that's what I want to do myself.

That is good how you had a choice. I never had a choice.
That is good how you had a choice. I never had a choice.

It could be that if SD is full then they know what else I would like to do. Or it could be that their testing to see if you want to do SD as that's what my assessment centre was for. Not sure but hopefully I'll hear soon as this wait is horrible
It could be that if SD is full then they know what else I would like to do. Or it could be that their testing to see if you want to do SD as that's what my assessment centre was for. Not sure but hopefully I'll hear soon as this wait is horrible

Yeah good point. Would you consider another role if it was full?
Yeah good point. Would you consider another role if it was full?

Yeah I'm happy as long as I'm working with my hands. But SD is what id want ideally
hey guys I've got my assessment on tuesday in london, is anyone else on here going to this then?
Yeah I'm happy as long as I'm working with my hands. But SD is what id want ideally

I got told that they are recruiting for all parts of Openreach. BD, CSD etc..
I got told that they are recruiting for all parts of Openreach. BD, CSD etc..

So did I but from what I've read in previous forums they can fill the roles quickly so may be the case that they offer a different role, we shall have to wait and see
Getting into BT is priority. :smile:
Hi guys I'm doing the profile questions on the application form right now. I'm not sure how much we are expected to write for these two questions though, there's normally a word limit on these things to give you an idea. Is about 250 words for each around what most people entered?
Original post by swfc-dan
Hi guys I'm doing the profile questions on the application form right now. I'm not sure how much we are expected to write for these two questions though, there's normally a word limit on these things to give you an idea. Is about 250 words for each around what most people entered?

There is a limit but I cant remember what it is off hand.. but it is alot.. all I would say is spell your heart out why they should employ you. I filled every space down to the brink of why im suited to the role and why they should employ me. I might not get the job but it got me an interview and sifted past thousands. PM me if you need further advice.
(edited 7 years ago)
So did I but from what I've read in previous forums they can fill the roles quickly so may be the case that they offer a different role, we shall have to wait and see

Give me a shout when you get a reply mate!
Give me a shout when you get a reply mate!

Will do mate, and you :smile:
Reply 235
Original post by taylor_vs
hey guys I've got my assessment on tuesday in london, is anyone else on here going to this then?

What have you signed up for ?
Any advice for the presentation and what to expect? got a few ideas but just wondered how it might be set out really
any advice on what to expect from the presentation and how to prepare? cheers mate
Hello mate.

I had my assessment on Friday and if you get invited I would be happy to share anything you need to know. I dont know what the situation is for your area so I couldent comment on what opportunities youl be put forward for but I am under the impression they recruit all year round so fingers crossed for you. All the information is on the BT careers FAQ.
Original post by A_Jae
What have you signed up for ?

Yeah it was for BT Facility Services hopefully it went alright.
Reply 239
I applied for the BT apprenticeship programme almost two months ago now and i was told i would be contacted when a date for an assessment centre has been set but i haven't received anything. Is this the same for anyone else? I'm from Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest