The Student Room Group

Please help. I just attacked my mother.

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure your mum will forgive you when you let her know how sorry you feel and how much you appreciate her. Very sorry to hear about your dog's injuries, I really hope he makes a full recovery!
Original post by mariam687
im from the UK :smile:

lmao

I mean your culture / background
but this is his "mum" we're talking about..

it seems as though ur backing up the dog instead of the mother.

:frown:

A mother who defends someone whose attacked a family pet<<<<<<<<<<<Dog whose been nothing but a bundle of love.

I choose the dog anyday.

Anyway OP, I hope your dog is ok :frown:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
A mother who defends someone whose attacked a family pet<<<<<<<<<<<Dog whose been nothing but a bundle of love.

I choose the dog anyday.

Anyway OP, I hope your dog is ok :frown:

society nowadays chooses dogs over their mothers

smh..
society nowadays chooses dogs over their mothers

smh..

You talk as if dogs are nothing but dumb animals.

I would happily pick a dog over my mother if she defended someone who injured my dog. If anything happened to my dog, I'd hunt the culprit down and give them hell because I'm nice enough (unlike you) to regard dogs as my family and a part of me.

Who are you to judge on the ones who are with OP and the dog?
(edited 8 years ago)
You talk as if dogs are nothing but dumb animals.

I would happily pick a dog over my mother if she defended someone who injured my dog. If anything happened to my dog, I'd hunt them down and give them hell because I'm nice enough (unlike you) to regard dogs as my family and a part of me.

Who are you to judge on the ones who are with OP and the dog?

im not saying that dogs are bad and "dumb" all im trying to say is that the mother is more important. ofc the dog needs to be taken to the vets but the poor mother whos been kicked by their own son/daughter?
ur telling me not to judge yet ur clearly doing it urself?
i dont want to start an argument, so i think i'll leave it here.
im not saying that dogs are bad and "dumb" all im trying to say is that the mother is more important. ofc the dog needs to be taken to the vets but the poor mother whos been kicked by their own son/daughter?

I'm judging you because even though OP has said he's felt terrible for kicking his mum and he's more worried about the dog you go on about how the mother's a bigger priority and how they're more important than dogs. In this case the dog's more important.
The mum has bruises. The dog's bleeding.

Makes sense to take care of the latter first.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I'm sort of in shock at the moment. Sorry it's a long story but if you have any advice or comments I appreciate it.

My parents let my extremely aggressive schizophrenic brother take my elderly dog out. He has attacked her (and us) before and I've told my parents not to let him take her because his history. They let him take her anyway and when he returned hours later she was covered in some kind of gross sticky liquid and was dragging both her legs behind her one of which was covered in blood. My brother admitted she got in his way so he kicked her but he has obviously done much worse. She also refuses to eat anything, which is completely unlike her. When she came back in such a horrific state I asked my parents to do something like challenge him as to what exactly he did and to take her to the vet. They didn't care whatsoever and were more concerned with defendeding my brother because he's "mentally unwell". So I just snapped and kicked my mother twice as hard as I could asking her how she likes it. She looked at me in horror then started crying and I noticed two massive bruises come up within seconds.

I instantly regretted doing it and feel really guilty for causing my mum pain as I've never had an argument with her in all my 18 years. She's my best friend and I can't believe I did this. The other day I was violently ill and she took care of me all day and night even taking the day off of work.

My parents just left the house with my mum crying as she left. I feel so upset and guilty? How to I make this up to her? I know she feels incredibly betrayed by my violence.

PS I have phoned the emergency vets who advised me to monitor the dog until my parents come back and then try and bring her in later if she is still lame and/or not eating

Sounds fake if you ask me? (Jail bait)
Your dog is at risk of death. Your mum is not. You decide what to do first...
So did the OP ever come back and confirm the welfare of the dog, his mum and his relationship with his family?
Original post by Don'tworryME
Your mom was being considerate, but you should control yourself better than next time.

How the hell is defending someone who injured an innocent dog considerate?
How the hell is defending someone who injured an innocent dog considerate?

Oops meant to say inconsiderate!

Mother only got kicked and will live whereas dog is actually bleeding and might even die.. Dogs might be just pets for you but all of the dogs that I had as pets, they were friends. Some dogs are even smarter than some of the humans out there.

I hope mother feels guilt deep inside that because of her fault another living being had to suffer :erm:
Do we get an update on the dog and relationship with mother?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending