The Student Room Group

Why Are Modern "men" White Knights?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BubbleBoobies
the kind of chemistry between and guy and a guy is called "friendship"
the kind of chemistry between (straight) guys and girls is called "sexuality"
the except is *drum roll*: when one of them doesn't find the other attractive, or both! usually girls are the ones who aren't attracted because girls are the fussier gender
but that's comparative to the situation where two guys or two girls don't become friends - either they both or one of them don't find the other appealing.

so, what's the difference between "chemistry" and "friendship"? the genders

You said " if I didn't like a girl, why would I be her friend in the first place?", so you can't be friends with a girl who you have no attraction for? What if you have common interests, understand each other and get along well? You have some really warped views when it comes to women, whether that comes from inexperience or just plain bitterness I don't know.
Original post by WBZ144
You said " if I didn't like a girl, why would I be her friend in the first place?", so you can't be friends with a girl who you have no attraction for? What if you have common interests, understand each other and get along well? You have some really warped views when it comes to women, whether that comes from inexperience or just plain bitterness I don't know.

are you pretending that I'd go out with somebody I am not at least *somewhat* sexually attracted to...? there's only so much that personality can do - I'm not going to lie to myself, or you. the thing that separates men and women is their aesthetics - you can't be sexually attracted to a sexually unattractive women in the same sense you can't be attracted to a man that you have good chemistry with - the attraction isn't "sexual attraction" in these cases
(edited 8 years ago)
are you pretending that I'd go out somebody I am not at least *somewhat* sexually attracted to...? there's only so much that personality can do - I'm not going to lie to myself, or you

I didn't say anything about going out with her, I was talking about being friends. How did you not get that :confused:
Original post by 41b
I see a lot of guys with female friends and I know that they are too weak to make a move. If they had balls they would and if she rejected him, they'd move on.

I know because when I was young I too used to be a beta pussy.

Today there isn't a female friend I have who I don't occasionally dump my cum into.

And I will never marry any of them. :u:

You do realise that without a marital partner, you will most likely die lonely? Cum or no cum! Good for you.
Just reminded me of
[video="youtube;mjEcj8KpuJw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw[/video]
Reply 65
because men want pussy and they think they'll get it by being basically beta WKs
as for me - I know that beta male **** gets women dry as the sahara.
there's a difference between treating a woman like a woman and treating a woman like a child
children aren't sexual, and women are. beta males treat them like kids, that's why they WK over them
-and in my opinion, it's creepy

Okay, is no one going to mention that your name is 'bubbleboobies', and your avatar is a childlike cartoon with it's breasts about 1s away from popping loose? And you're calling them creepy?!
Original post by WBZ144
I didn't say anything about going out with her, I was talking about being friends. How did you not get that :confused:

I'm making an inference based on contraries - the contrary to friends is "not friends", and by not friends, either its sexual attraction or no attraction of any kind
Original post by C-Dog
Okay, is no one going to mention that your name is 'bubbleboobies', and your avatar is a childlike cartoon with it's breasts about 1s away from popping loose? And you're calling them creepy?!

1) how is this anything other than mere prejudice?
2) cartoons aren't real people though. can't you make the distinction between real people and drawings? I'm not talking about drawings.
Reply 68
I've been here for a few moments and I was genuinely hopeful that there were genuine knights in white. But no. Just casual sexism. Just out of curiousity, if you were in a committed relationship, would you simply never speak to another female again?
Reply 69
1) how is this anything other than mere prejudice?
2) cartoons aren't real people though. can't you make the distinction between real people and drawings? I'm not talking about drawings.

The idea of feeling negatively towards people with lower confidence, to the extent of comparing it to paedophilia as you did in your post, is nothing if not prejudicial. Even worse is the fact that your ill-thought accusations apply more to yourself with your obvious obsession with women and apparent interest in child-like depictions of them than to the people you accuse. I am perfectly capable of determining the difference; but when you indulge yourself in such base arguments as these, I think it allowable to make use of such evidence as I see to form a rebuttal
Original post by C-Dog
The idea of feeling negatively towards people with lower confidence, to the extent of comparing it to paedophilia as you did in your post, is nothing if not prejudicial. Even worse is the fact that your ill-thought accusations apply more to yourself with your obvious obsession with women and apparent interest in child-like depictions of them than to the people you accuse. I am perfectly capable of determining the difference; but when you indulge yourself in such base arguments as these, I think it allowable to make use of such evidence as I see to form a rebuttal

I didn't say paedophilia, I said "treating them like children" - if you treat a woman like she's glass china then how is that any different? aren't women stronger than kids? how much weaker than men do you assume women are? seems almost misogynistic - I'm somebody who assumes the difference isn't that much!
I'm making an inference based on contraries - the contrary to friends is "not friends", and by not friends, either its sexual attraction or no attraction of any kind

So would you or would you not be friends with a girl you got along with well but felt no sexual attraction for?
beta male **** = treating women like glass china. being too afraid to let women do **** for themselves. pretending to agree with everything a woman says. being money-slaves for women. it's not sexy. the door-mat routine has never gotten me sex. I'm not saying I've had a huge amount of sex, but the only times (or most of the time) I've ever got laid was by treating women as sexual objects (and by object I don't mean inanimate object, I'm using that term in the technical sense, e.g. "subject", "object", etc - the object is acted upon, the subject acts, etc) and they respond the most and reliably to that. when you defend women just because they're women, they'll treat you like you are a slave for them and exploit you. it's the same thing with guys who buy girls drinks. do you really think women see that as respectable and powerful? one time (I'll be completely honest here) one time a girl even bought *me* a drink and we ended up at my place. in fact, I don't think I've ever got laid by buying a girl a drink. every time I tried that, they took it, hung about for a few minutes, maybe I'll get a kiss, but nothing else.

and nah I haven't been to the sahara - have you?

That part I agree with, have had girls come up to me and outright demand a drink for their time and if I refuse are like "but you are a man you are meant to buy women drinks" or the nastier "well someone like you should be glad to have the attention of someone like me for a few minutes" Even on here seen females say they are offered drinks in a pub from men and its their own fault for assuming buying a drink for them means they get talked to.

The worst though was in a womens mag I read at doctors a few years back that actually listed how to get freebies all night even taxis and take aways just by playing the "weak/innocent woman card" or flirting with men.

Said article mentioned go up to a guy who looks desperate and ask him to buy a drink, if he says no or he buys you a few then runs out of cash go onto the next guy who you want drinks from but always leave if they have no or refuse to spend cash.

This wasn't some trashy womans mag it was a bigger name!

Me personally I am a nice guy who people assume to be gullible but its more I treat everyone fairly and they assume that to be weak.
Reply 73
I didn't say paedophilia, I said "treating them like children" - if you treat a woman like she's glass china then how is that any different? aren't women stronger than kids? how much weaker than men do you assume women are? seems almost misogynistic - I'm somebody who assumes the difference isn't that much!

Part of the definition of misogyny is discrimination against women resulting in sexual objectification. As you mentioned before, you see women as a 'sexual object' and believe that it's 'very rare' for there to be ' more to guys and girls than just sexual relationships'. But you seem perfectly happy for there to be a mutual friendship without attraction between men.
Now, and correct me if I'm wrong, this seems to show both discrimination on gender grounds and sexual objectification. Both key characteristics of what you accused me of; misogyny.
And you're now saying you assume the difference 'isn't that much' between men and women? If you intent to be despicable, at least do it in a consistent manner.
Original post by WBZ144
So would you or would you not be friends with a girl you got along with well but felt no sexual attraction for?

I've actually already answered this
yes - if there is no sexual attraction (via looks) then why not?
but guys are SOMEWHAT sexually attracted to most girls.
Original post by C-Dog
Part of the definition of misogyny is discrimination against women resulting in sexual objectification. As you mentioned before, you see women as a 'sexual object' and believe that it's 'very rare' for there to be ' more to guys and girls than just sexual relationships'. But you seem perfectly happy for there to be a mutual friendship without attraction between men.
Now, and correct me if I'm wrong, this seems to show both discrimination on gender grounds and sexual objectification. Both key characteristics of what you accused me of; misogyny.
And you're now saying you assume the difference 'isn't that much' between men and women? If you intent to be despicable, at least do it in a consistent manner.

yes, men are sexual subjects, and women (at least the submissive, non-assertive and generally the ones living in this time and place) are sexual objects. I don't mean objects as in "non-human", I mean they want men to treat them as objects in the sense of subject/object - do most women want men to come to them? or do they generally want to go up to men? exactly. if "sexual object" is offensive, then "sexual subject" is too, but just because nobody uses that word, it doesn't mean they don't apply it to the male gender! men who pursue women = subjects.

misogyny has nothing to do with ^that. that's not degrading women. that's treating them as equals in status but treating them "differently".

yes because most men aren't gay.

...I'm sorry but you're quoting me without the context behind it - I don't even remember what I've said so at least quote the whole thing so I can describe the meaning behind it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
the kind of chemistry between and guy and a guy is called "friendship"
the kind of chemistry between (straight) guys and girls is called "sexuality"
the except is *drum roll*: when one of them doesn't find the other attractive, or both! usually girls are the ones who aren't attracted because girls are the fussier gender
but that's comparative to the situation where two guys or two girls don't become friends - either they both or one of them don't find the other appealing.

so, what's the difference between "chemistry" and "friendship"? the genders

Do you actually live in the real world or do you just pick up tripe like this by spending all your time online?

I have plenty of female friends, I don't see why I should want to have sex with them.
Original post by Dheorl
Do you actually live in the real world or do you just pick up tripe like this by spending all your time online?

I have plenty of female friends, I don't see why I should want to have sex with them.

you have plenty of non-attractive female friends then - read what I've said in my message.
Original post by WoodyMKC
The concept of alpha/beta males is redundant in this day and age due to the fact that we are no longer living in the wild and fighting for survival, so anyone that believes in it has obviously not quite fully developed, mentally. Hence the lack of social awareness.

:top:

Really good point.

Spoiler

Reply 79
you have plenty of non-attractive female friends then - read what I've said in my message.

Lol, one of them is a professional model.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending