The Student Room Group

Evidence for Welsh Residency Check

So i've just got a quick question, am I able to use my birth certificate as evidence for the welsh residency check that student finance wales is asking me for? Even though i'm using my birth certificate as evidence for proof of my date of birth and identity.

There's no selectable dropdown option to use my birth certificate for residency evidence, but I was hoping I could use it as i'm unable to use my bank statement / any bills since i've only recently changed my address from my uni address (which was in england).

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by engineer_trevor
So i've just got a quick question, am I able to use my birth certificate as evidence for the welsh residency check that student finance wales is asking me for? Even though i'm using my birth certificate as evidence for proof of my date of birth and identity.

There's no selectable dropdown option to use my birth certificate for residency evidence, but I was hoping I could use it as i'm unable to use my bank statement / any bills since i've only recently changed my address from my uni address (which was in england).

Thanks.

No, your birth certificate doesn't prove where you've been ordinarily resident for the past three years, which is what SFW want to see. Did you maintain a base at a Welsh address whilst you were at uni? Stayed registered with a local GP or dentist? Were you registered to vote at a Welsh address? Did your parents keep you on the Council Tax records for their home?
Original post by Klix88
No, your birth certificate doesn't prove where you've been ordinarily resident for the past three years, which is what SFW want to see. Did you maintain a base at a Welsh address whilst you were at uni? Stayed registered with a local GP or dentist? Were you registered to vote at a Welsh address? Did your parents keep you on the Council Tax records for their home?

Thanks for replying! :smile:

For finance this year i'm using my mothers address as I have currently been living with her, however most of my mail is sent to my fathers address (they're divorced, but both addresses are based in Wales) since I never bothered to change the address on a lot of things such as my doctors and dentist. Would student finance accept proof that had my fathers address on, even though i'm using my mother for household income, since it's still in Wales?
Reply 3
Original post by engineer_trevor
Thanks for replying! :smile:

For finance this year i'm using my mothers address as I have currently been living with her, however most of my mail is sent to my fathers address (they're divorced, but both addresses are based in Wales) since I never bothered to change the address on a lot of things such as my doctors and dentist. Would student finance accept proof that had my fathers address on, even though i'm using my mother for household income, since it's still in Wales?

I'd check direct with SFW, but as both of your parents are in Wales I suspect they'll ask you for proof of the one where you'd usually live outside uni term time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending