The Student Room Group

Extenuating circumstances

I am an American student doing an extenuating circumstance for a study abroad course in the UK. I have already taken this course and I am doing an reassessment. I was reading how technical or financial issues are not consider an extenuating circumstance. My issue was a mental and financial issue and finding evidence for the mental issue is tough. Is there any way I can show proof?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Stargurl93
I am an American student doing an extenuating circumstance for a study abroad course in the UK. I was reading how technical or financial issues are not consider an extenuating circumstance. My issue was a mental and financial issue and finding evidence for the mental issue is tough. Is there any way I can show proof?

A doctors note could be suitable evidence.
I am an American student doing an extenuating circumstance for a study abroad course in the UK. I was reading how technical or financial issues are not consider an extenuating circumstance. My issue was a mental and financial issue and finding evidence for the mental issue is tough. Is there any way I can show proof?

Doctors note? Report from a tutor or teacher? Can I ask what the issue were in brief? That might answer the question.

I also had extenuating circumstances I had to declare. When you apply through UCAS, those who write your references are usually the ones to include bits about your extenuating circumstances.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
A doctors note could be suitable evidence.

What would the doctor's note say?
What would the doctor's note say?

You mentioned issues with your mental health? Assuming you visited a doctor for it.
Reply 5
Would a doctor's note stating that you went in for counseling would help?
Original post by claireestelle
You mentioned issues with your mental health? Assuming you visited a doctor for it.
Would a doctor's note stating that you went in for counseling would help?

Yes it could

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending