The Student Room Group

Going clubbing in your 30's?

Scroll to see replies

I'm 25 and I'm so bored of it already, hate dancing, can't hardly hear anything because music is too loud and girls at the bar pestering me to buy them a drink. I would rather just do to a bar or pub, sit and actually talk without the pressure to impress anyone.
Reply 21
I was once saw a couple of elderly women (like 70-75) clubbing...
Nearly 30 and only been clubbing once, dedpite being english im just not like the normal english person lol. Ive always been a nerdy girl and still not got a social life lol, good job im an introvert or else id have gone mad and felt like i missed out. Ive been to pubs several times at night and get bored after an hour of being out Its all the same to me loud noise, people laughing and shouting. I cant even talk as its too loud and i dont have a loud voice.
Original post by Anonymous
Nearly 30 and only been clubbing once, dedpite being english im just not like the normal english person lol. Ive always been a nerdy girl and still not got a social life lol, good job im an introvert or else id have gone mad and felt like i missed out. Ive been to pubs several times at night and get bored after an hour of being out Its all the same to me loud noise, people laughing and shouting. I cant even talk as its too loud and i dont have a loud voice.

Clubbing is pretty much the same as this. You're not missing on much.
Reply 24
Original post by thad33
I know a lot that do. They just don't go to the same clubs that the 18-30 people go to. They go to the more expensive bars and clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that's always the case, I think it's often that they go less often (due to responsibilities etc) assuming it's not just a pre-mid-life crisis/seeking out 18 year olds.

Whenever I've talked to people in their 30s at raves, they've been sound, lovely people. I'd prefer a rave of 90s ravers to the modern crowd in many many ways.
Original post by drbluebox
It's creepty to you as you are still naive and still think of yourselves as between kid and adult where to the guys (and women do this to young men too) They see a girl who at that age is more likely to experience the world so wants to have fun, no worries about setting down yet, isn't showing signs of age, has more energy.

There are plenty of older women who fit that description, arnt bothered about kids/marriage and who just want to have fun. Go to sports clubs as these women tend to hang out there as they tend to be focused on things other than kids and marriage.
Original post by TorpidPhil
No wonder you're sick of it already if it makes you constantly worrying about kidnappings and rape...

I didn't mean to come across that way; I'm not scared or worried about myself, I'm concerned that their suitable prey with a lack of confidence and self-defence will end up on their dinner plate. I look at the predator and see a world that I don't want to be part of.
Original post by carrotstar
I'm 19 and I'm sick of it already! Myself and my friends are already talking about how we feel too old to go clubbing and get bored too easily :colondollar:

I don't blame you, I started to get sick of it in my mid twenties. Doing it regularly is enjoyable for a while if you keep it varied with the venues, but I think somewhere down the line there just came a point when I thought - "Wouldn't a nice quiet night at the pub be a lot easier? Less expensive and we'll be able to hear each other speak"
Original post by carrotstar
I didn't mean to come across that way; I'm not scared or worried about myself, I'm concerned that their suitable prey with a lack of confidence and self-defence will end up on their dinner plate. I look at the predator and see a world that I don't want to be part of.

You really shouldn't be worrying on a night out though - that was my point. Given that you are whether that is for yourself or not... That's likely a big reason contributing to your dislike of it, at least relative to other students.
Reply 29
I don't think there's anything wrong with going clubbing beyond your 20s. It's a different experience as you get older and a lot of clubs are only worth going in if you're already completely rat arsed.

There is certainly a predatory vibe from some men and that can be gross.
Original post by JoeTSR
Whenever I've talked to people in their 30s at raves, they've been sound, lovely people. I'd prefer a rave of 90s ravers to the modern crowd in many many ways.

:five:
Original post by ~Tara~
I don't think there's anything wrong with going clubbing beyond your 20s. It's a different experience as you get older and a lot of clubs are only worth going in if you're already completely rat arsed.

There is certainly a predatory vibe from some men and that can be gross.

And from some women too, I hate how people these days are more ignorant than the past because of the misinformation political correctness or so called "equality" is misused.

Women can be predators just as much as men the differences being men are more likely to be built to overpower a woman (but still a lot of women can easily beat up a man) and men in one of the things "equality" people miss is that men are pressurised into being told they shouldn't turn down sex rather than the bad feminists thinking men think of women as meat when in reaity men are just as much victims of this because they are seen as weak if they turn a woman down or "not a man"

So because of societal expectations men are brainwashed into believing any notch on their bedpost is a good one and women predators take advantage of this, ever heard of the common "fantasy" of a young man losing his virginity to an older woman?

Men and women have different things brainwashed into them at an early age, women are just as promiscous as men but less open about it as women judge other women (and somehow thats a mans fault) where men are taught that the more women slept with shows you are more of a man, both are wrong but the mens one is seen as sexist towards women.
Reply 32
My experience in clubs has been that the oppressive stench of male predators has been very prominent.

I don't believe it is all men's fault but I believe the problem you're referring to is a direct side effect of partriarchy. Because they are the same side of the coin - men always wanting sex to be real men, displaying this sexuality overtly and then women who believe this treating men like objects too.

I mean you really wouldn't believe the push back I've had when I've spoken out online about how people, men, were talking about the rape of a teenage boy by a woman. To suggest that he wasn't lucky etc was the worst thing. I've spoken out when women have ignored a man saying no. And I would be willing to report if they didn't stop.

I think it's all part of the same consensus that were supposed to follow. I think it suits the establishment just fine to have us arguing about who has it worse...instead of actually aiming our anger and resources at actual change. Like proper sex education for a start and teaching each gender about the other genders. People should know that sexual arousal doesn't equal consent, that no-one is up for sex constantly nor that arousal has anything to do with sexuality or manliness.
(edited 8 years ago)
My parents go clubbing and they're in their 30s, certain nights in town tend to only be filled with older people, in my town we also have a club dedicated to like 'classics'. I'd say it's not uncommon to see like women in their 50s there.
Original post by ~Tara~
My experience in clubs has been that the oppressive stench of male predators has been very prominent.

I don't believe it is all men's fault but I believe the problem you're referring to is a direct side effect of partriarchy. Because they are the same side of the coin - men always wanting sex to be real men, displaying this sexuality overtly and then women who believe this treating men like objects too.

I mean you really wouldn't believe the push back I've had when I've spoken out online about how people, men, were talking about the rape of a teenage boy by a woman. To suggest that he wasn't lucky etc was the worst thing. I've spoken out when women have ignored a man saying no. And I would be willing to report if they didn't stop.

I think it's all part of the same consensus that were supposed to follow. I think it suits the establishment just fine to have us arguing about who has it worse...instead of actually aiming our anger and resources at actual change. Like proper sex education for a start and teaching each gender about the other genders. People should know that sexual arousal doesn't equal consent, that no-one is up for sex constantly nor that arousal has anything to do with sexuality or manliness.

I don't know what kind of club you've been to, but I'd say this is not common.
Reply 35
Maybe its more subtle to others or maybe my area has higher percentage of creeps. I dunno. I tend to find I sober up more in a club because the men there have no sense of decency. They will just shove a hand inside you whilst dancing, if you're wearing a skirt.
Totally normal I am in my 30s and I have gone every so often.
Reply 37
I don't even go now why would I when I'm in my 30s???
I agree, I am always hounded by a girl whenever I'm in a club, I don't know why it's acceptable for men to buy the drinks but not the women. Usually a woman will use her looks to try impress me and men are more likely not to get in because women just have to flirt with the bouncers.

I remember once I got to the front of the que and was turned down because he said I was drunk, haven't drank anything yet. The girls behind me were extremely drunk but were allowed in without being searched. I've also see a lot of girls cut in and seen to straight away when there are men there been waiting for ages.

As for men I hate how some think it's acceptable to go up to any girl and it's okay to touch or grind on the back of her. I've seen it happen to my female friends as a man it's so cringy to watch. Its disgusting behaviour but i think girls should to nicer when a nice guy does approach them. I don't think they realise the pressure some men go to impress girls. I've never approached a girl in a club mainly because they'll think I'm a creep because of a few so I don't bother plus I don't think it's the right environment, rather ask where I can talk properly.
Original post by ~Tara~

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending