The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
:five:

It's would not be enough :no: :mmm:

*It would not be enough :wink:

Just you thinking about thanking me is more than enough for me - it's the thought that counts:yep::ahee:
Posted from TSR Mobile
There is not , but thanks for the idea, maybe in my next post :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you relate :yep: it means you can understand me :h: what I wanted to say to everyone is just : LIVE. But I see you already noticed that :yep: :five:

Je t'aime aussi :heart:
You're soooo right .. And this is why you're such a lovely and amazing person today :wink:
I inspire you, you inspire me, what a great deal ! :five: :lovehug:

You absolute sweetie and charmer! People who know you are so lucky!
Original post by Matrix123

*It would not be enough :wink:

Just you thinking about thanking me is more than enough for me - it's the thought that counts:yep::ahee:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops ! Ty again :colondollar:

Haha you're so lovely :hugs:
Original post by Rhythmical
You absolute sweetie and charmer! People who know you are so lucky!

This is the sweetest thing ever :colondollar: I could tell the same about you :lovehug:
Oops ! Ty again :colondollar:

Haha you're so lovely :hugs:

No worries :hugs:

Awww thanks - so are you :yep: :jumphug:
Hi guys :heart: ! Time for part 8 :yep:

<3

That is such an incredible story and such a wonderful way to find the thing you love. I cried :cry2:...

I can't empathise with that near-death feeling but it does sound terrible, no wonder you're so keen to become someone that can help others in the same position.

Agh, your outlook on life is so inspirational...

:penguinhug:
Hi guys :heart: ! Time for part 8 :yep:

So, I finally decided I won't talk AT ALL about the semester 1, because really, I have nothing to say except I did a really good job and had really good grades at my mocks. Same for the Day-D, all you have to know is that I was feeling much more confident about myself, and I will never ever regret a single day of this semester. Because I gave my best.

Why Unicorn wants to be a doctor.
I never talked about it properly, here we go. There are a lot of reasons, some are little, some are bigger. One of the little reasons is that I had appendicitis when I was 12 so I started to become obsessed with hospitals. A kid's dream you know ^.^ !

The BIG reason is the following. When I was 14, I had an little accident, I almost died, and it changed everything.

I was riding a horse in the mountains, and when I ride there I enjoy looking at the void in the ravines you know. Well a quad came and my horse has been scared, he reared, I almost fell down on the ravine, the horse was running on the path really close to it. I was hanging out so hard to the reins, but I was sliding toward the void a bit more each second.
I was hanging for my life.
I was scared.
So scared.
The void.
So close.
So ****ing close.
With my right hand I was holding to the reins, and with the left one to the saddle. I could not do that for long. My hands were sweating.

I released.

I fell down, and not even in the ravine.
Not.
In.
The.
Ravine.
I felt a pain in my back, and when I opened my eyes , I was on the grass, a few hikers around me. I was alive.
ALIVE.

I don't know if you realise but when I released I thought I would die. The hikers called the emergency services. I noticed after a few minutes that I was bleeding a bit here and there (in the back, the arms, the legs). I didn't care at all. I was alive.

At hospital, but alive. When the doctors said I had some broken vertebra, I got scared, as they told to my parents that someone would have to check my legs every 20min to verify that I was not losing sensibility.What an awful feeling. You can't forget such a thing.

When Unicorn put all her hopes into the doctors, when she realised how much doctors were dedicated to their patients, her dream became stronger.

1 day passed, my legs were saved. I spent one week to hospital, and I'll never forget this week. The doctors did not even save my life. But when I could get up and walk, the doctors smiled.

That smile.
Unforgettable. Truly unforgettable.

I remember a lot of things in my life, but some of them are worth remembering. I'll smile like that to my patients one day. I promise.

The meaning of life.
Refer here for the result day.

Spoiler

When you're young, you want to have good grades, to have a great job, to gain money, to live. And your whole life is kinda dedicated to a goal : living. Sounds weird to write it down, but it's true. We wanna live !

But sometimes we forgot how to do it.

During 2 years of my ****ing life I forgot how to live. And when I failed, everything became so different.I've been offered a place for dentistery/pharmacy/physio/midwifery. It took me three days to think about it, then I dropped out uni. To follow my real dream. To live.

I applied abroad. I have to pass some entrance examinations, and as I did the 1st year of med, I already know all of the requirements. Of course I still revise, but I have time. Time to live.I planned to travel. Right now I can book a flight without worrying about anything. I called it Life. Because Life is what is supposed to make you happy.

My failure was my escape. My happiness. My life.

My first exams are in one month, and I'm living, waiting for it. I planned 5 travels in 4 months. I can read every book I want without a single pressure. I plan to live 6 years in Prague, then I'll move to the US. And maybe even New Zealand.My failure released me from a boring life.

I'm free.

I'm alive.

I am happy. :h:

Thanks for reading :heart: guys now I'll take a break from this blog until my exams, because there is nothing to tell about me right now - unless you ask for something of course - and I'll be back here after my exams, to keep you in touch with everything :h:. I love you <3

Matrix I am SO GRATEFUL for the time you took to correct me, Je t'aime :heart:

Spoiler

Omg Frenchie that part when you almost died :gasp:

I'm so glad you survived or none of us would've known your awesomeness 😁
Original post by Alexion
<3

That is such an incredible story and such a wonderful way to find the thing you love. I cried :cry2:...

I can't empathise with that near-death feeling but it does sound terrible, no wonder you're so keen to become someone that can help others in the same position.

Agh, your outlook on life is so inspirational...

:penguinhug:

Awww you're so sweet <3 !

Your words mean a lot :hugs: and thanks for reading :heart:

Spoiler

Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Omg Frenchie that part when you almost died :gasp:

I'm so glad you survived or none of us would've known your awesomeness 😁

I can't handle the cuteness :cry:
Thank you so muuuch for the kind words :heart: :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
This is the sweetest thing ever :colondollar: I could tell the same about you :lovehug:

Say*. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
Say*. :smile:

****.. You know when I wrote that I was actually thinking about you because I remember you corrected the same fault in the past !

Spoiler

****.. You know when I wrote that I was actually thinking about you because I remember you corrected the same fault in the past !

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

Spoiler

Awww you're so sweet <3 !

Your words mean a lot :hugs: and thanks for reading :heart:

Spoiler

I'm can't handle the cuteness :cry:
Thank you so muuuch for the kind words :heart: :hugs:

:kiss:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another amazing post @FrenchUnicorn!!
I'm glad you managed to pull through from that terrifying incident!!! Sounded really nasty and I can't begin to imagine how scare you must've been!!
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself now, that's an important part of life!!
Good Luck with your exams!! Hope it all goes well for you!!!!
Go for it Frenchie!!!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Another amazing post @FrenchUnicorn!!
I'm glad you managed to pull through from that terrifying incident!!! Sounded really nasty and I can't begin to imagine how scare you must've been!!

Thank you so much :yep: :jumphug:
Indeed it was, but life gets better, it always did :h:

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself now, that's an important part of life!!

I want you to wake up every morning wondering "what do I do today to enjoy myself ?" This is the difference between life and existence :h:

Good Luck with your exams!! Hope it all goes well for you!!!!
Go for it Frenchie!!!

Merci beaucoup !!! :heart: :hugs:
Thank you so much :yep: :jumphug:
Indeed it was, but life gets better, it always did :h:

It's ok!
I can imagine but we always need to be positive!!!

I want you to wake up every morning wondering "what do I do today to enjoy myself ?" This is the difference between life and existence :h:

I'll give it a go and see what happens. I sure hope it works!
Thanks for the tip!

Merci beaucoup !!! :heart: :hugs:

Ok I'm gonna try something (correct me if I'm wrong)
Pas de soucis
It's ok!
I can imagine but we always need to be positive!!!

I'll give it a go and see what happens. I sure hope it works!
Thanks for the tip!

Ok I'm gonna try something (correct me if I'm wrong)
Pas de soucis

you're not wrong !! And this is perfect :ahee: we native use it a lot :yep: :five:
Reply 617
:redface:

X

Part 8?! I need to catch up. I'll read it later though.

Here's a song from me for now.

Original post by Impressive
Part 8?! I need to catch up. I'll read it later though.

Here's a song from me for now.

I like the song !! And it's usually not my type :colondollar: thank you :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending