The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Dickson Poon Undergraduate Scholarship 2016

Scroll to see replies

ah ok, thank you :smile:

Original post by ok2
They said they would be letting people know of the outcome of their application on the 14th of this month
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Haha yeah, there's this awkward fine line between failed and I learnt through self-analysis I learnt and failed at something which just doesn't seem important to them... Caused me a head ache :s-smilie::tongue:

Original post by Jakejoyce97
Also applied, although I found it really hard to write about something I've failed at (not in an obnoxious way), like "oh yeah I tried and failed at ..., please offer me a scholarship?" I got 28 in LNAT
Great news, I have been shortlisted for the Dickson Poon Scholarship after receiving an offer last month. :u: Does anyone know what will happen at interview? I only have five days to prepare.
There doesn't seem to be any information anywhere on the web about the type of interview they do and what they want, but probably would be worth it to look at the Oxbridge mock interviews and how they do it just to find inspiration and read some things etc..
(Hope this will help :smile: )

Original post by vagrigore1
Great news, I have been shortlisted for the Dickson Poon Scholarship after receiving an offer last month. :u: Does anyone know what will happen at interview? I only have five days to prepare.
Reply 24

Congratulations!! :smile:
Didn't get an interview :frown: but received the entrance award instead :smile: anyone else?
Original post by mariewilliams
Didn't get an interview :frown: but received the entrance award instead :smile: anyone else?

Still no email?!
Reply 27
No email :frown:

Hi! I've also been shortlisted and I made an appointment and sent an email, but I didn't receive a confirmation from the Dickson Poon team yet. Have you? I'm a little bit worried because my interview is tomorrow but I don't have their Skype contact information yet.
Original post by seasoning
Hi! I've also been shortlisted and I made an appointment and sent an email, but I didn't receive a confirmation from the Dickson Poon team yet. Have you? I'm a little bit worried because my interview is tomorrow but I don't have their Skype contact information yet.

Congratulations, at what time is your interview? I spoke to Simon (he wrote the e-mail) and I gave him my Skype info. I received a confirmation but no additional details on behalf of the Team. My hope is that this will happen just before interview.
Oh okay! Good luck for the interview!

Congratulations, at what time is your interview? I spoke to Simon (he wrote the e-mail) and I gave him my Skype info. I received a confirmation but no additional details on behalf of the Team. My hope is that this will happen just before interview.
I just finished my interview and it went very well, except for their poor internet connection and sound. Hopefully, I will be a Dickson Poon Scholarship recipient by Friday. :biggrin:
I just finished my interview and it went very well, except for their poor internet connection and sound. Hopefully, I will be a Dickson Poon Scholarship recipient by Friday. :biggrin:

Hi again! How did you receive their contact information? I'm still waiting haha
Original post by seasoning
Hi again! How did you receive their contact information? I'm still waiting haha

They just sent me their contact info on Skype one hour prior to the interview.
Dicks on poon?
Congratulations!! see you at Kings next year :smile:

Original post by mariewilliams
Congratulations!! see you at Kings next year :smile:

Thank you, see you in September!
Reply 37
Has anyone heard today yet? Still waiting ...
Original post by Mon :)
Has anyone heard today yet? Still waiting ...

Just heard back an hour ago! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest