The Student Room Group

Rude Teachers

Hey everyone, I just wondered what your thoughts were on the way teachers treat students, whether good or bad.

Scroll to see replies

I once had a english teacher that told me I would never pass my english gcse as i have the handwriting of a child, i felt that was awfully inappropriate but otherwise my teachers weren't horrendous.
Tried to help a teacher that was struggling to make a PowerPoint presentation fullscreen, they retorted with: "Would you like to teach me to suck eggs too?" I said nothing and watched her struggle for 4 minutes. When she asked for help afterwards, I had suddenly forgotten how to do it.
Old Maths teacher was incredibly racist and a bully towards many students. Can't repeat what he said.
Witnessed one teacher get corrected by a student (student was right, they were wrong). The initial reaction of the teacher was to tell them to: "Get ****ed".

Oh boy I wish I were lying.
Original post by iEthan
Tried to help a teacher that was struggling to make a PowerPoint presentation fullscreen, they retorted with: "Would you like to teach me to suck eggs too?" I said nothing and watched her struggle for 4 minutes. When she asked for help afterwards, I had suddenly forgotten how to do it.
Old Maths teacher was incredibly racist and a bully towards many students. Can't repeat what he said.
Witnessed one teacher get corrected by a student (student was right, they were wrong). The initial reaction of the teacher was to tell them to: "Get ****ed".

Oh boy I wish I were lying.

They swore at a pupil and didnt get fired?!
Original post by claireestelle
They swore at a pupil and didnt get fired?!

Yup! You should hear what the racist teacher said. Trust me, I don't usually snitch on teachers but I reported them and the school didn't do a thing.

Spoiler

Original post by iEthan
Yup! You should hear what the racist teacher said. Trust me, I don't usually snitch on teachers but I reported them and the school didn't do a thing.

Gosh, your school was worse than mine. At least my school fired the teacher that liked to throw chairs at pupils.
A lot of teachers are bad these days as they go into to teaching as a last resort and imo they do not really want to teach
Gosh, your school was worse than mine. At least my school fired the teacher that liked to throw chairs at pupils.

We had a PE teacher that liked to do that! :moon: Still teaching today. (see my spoiler above too :tongue:)
My tutor told me on more than one occasion that I wouldn't really get far in life, because my attendance was bad (I was incredibly sick. Even hospitalised at one point for a while) and because I never fulfilled my form rep duties correctly (I wasn't the only form rep, was never told what to do, nobody cared/listened to form reps so I didn't see the point)
Reply 9
i use to have a teacher that was on my case 24/7 until i couldn't take it anymore that i lashed out at him so bad. Everyone else watching was so shocked coz it's not like my behavior to do this and i usually don't talk to my elders like that but what choice did he give me lol?i needed him to leave me alone once and for all but i did feel a bit bad afterwards be he so deserved it after the way he treated me!!
(edited 8 years ago)
I had a teacher in high school who I'm pretty sure was actually the devil. Everybody was frightened of her, she was constantly shouting and in a bad mood. I remember one time we were making apple pies (she taught food technology), and after she looked at mine, she yelled "You're all useless!", which I'm fairly certain was directed at me.

Everybody cheered when she announced she was retiring :lol:
Original post by iEthan
We had a PE teacher that liked to do that! :moon: Still teaching today. (see my spoiler above too :tongue:)

How has ofsted not shut your school down?! I was never a fan of pe teachers but then i hated pe so.

Spoiler

Original post by Leviathan1741
I had a teacher in high school who I'm pretty sure was actually the devil. Everybody was frightened of her, she was constantly shouting and in a bad mood. I remember one time we were making apple pies (she taught food technology), and after she looked at mine, she yelled "You're all useless!", which I'm fairly certain was directed at me.

Everybody cheered when she announced she was retiring :lol:

That sounds like a music teacher we had, even some of the staff clearly wanted her gone.
There's good, there's bad. Generally, I'd say good.

I won't ever forget the way my senior tutor told me that I will fail every A Level Maths exam I sit.

Working so hard rn to prove that b*tch wrong. :u:
How has ofsted not shut your school down?! I was never a fan of pe teachers but then i hated pe so.

Spoiler

It's a 'converted academy diocesan school', so the LEA don't really get involved and Ofsted are presented with a sugarcoated version of events :rolleyes: I hated PE too :tongue:

Spoiler

threw a chair? there is no way omgg loool
Original post by iEthan
It's a 'converted academy diocesan school', so the LEA don't really get involved and Ofsted are presented with a sugarcoated version of events :rolleyes: I hated PE too :tongue:

Spoiler

So like a faith school then?

Spoiler

Original post by noey123
threw a chair? there is no way omgg loool

yeah a teacher lost their temper when a kid was misbehaving, kicked them out of class and threw their chair at them.
Not me personally but but my elder brother had a primary school teacher who used to physically abuse students in areas where the bruises wouldn't show, lost her teaching license now

Posted from TSR Mobile
So like a faith school then?

Spoiler

Yep! Exactly that :erm: A Catholic school… so glad I don't go there anymore.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending