The Student Room Group

are immigrants taking our jobs/ harming the british public chances

Scroll to see replies

No
Reply 41
Original post by TSRFT8
Same can be said about the native though? Alot of them are also not educated. Whilst i agree with you, if you kick what you basically described as the "useless" immigrants than surely you should also kick out the "useless" brits who are benefiting from taxes paid for by the first category you mentioned.

We indeed have to deal with a lot of useless native people that we can't kick out, but it's not an excuse to admit similar immigrants. Besides, I think that the people you describe as useless Brits are still more educated than the several thousands of immigrants from Somalia that have been accepted over the last two decades.
Original post by TSRFT8
Same can be said about the native though? Alot of them are also not educated. Whilst i agree with you, if you kick what you basically described as the "useless" immigrants than surely you should also kick out the "useless" brits who are benefiting from taxes paid for by the first category you mentioned.

People who already live in the uk are our problem we don't need to import more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
People who already live in the uk are our problem we don't need to import more

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought they were taking out jobs?
You see this is an old trick, claim that immigrants are somehow taking our jobs and taking out benefits simultaneously...

The reality is we have an ageing population which puts a strain on public services and the tax payer, thus we need immigration and more people of working age.
Original post by Josb
We indeed have to deal with a lot of useless native people that we can't kick out, but it's not an excuse to admit similar immigrants. Besides, I think that the people you describe as useless Brits are still more educated than the several thousands of immigrants from Somalia that have been accepted over the last two decades.

Well, they are refugees. That is the difference. The decision to accept them has not got anything to do with their economic contribution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending