The Student Room Group

Muslim girls, how would you feel if your husband came out as bisexual?

Scroll to see replies

Except that is not the point you originally made.
obviously both guys will be doing me though
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm sexually attracted to both guys and girls. But I'm also a Muslim, so I don't do anything sexual with guys. And I am saving my virginity until marriage. I try to be a good Muslim in general, even if I do struggle to pray regularly.

But how would you feel if your husband/bf told you he was also attracted to guys? Would this be a major problem? I want to be open to my wife/gf but I'm not sure if I should keep this hidden :redface:

hello,
I just want to share my experiences with you
my friend recently got married a couple of months ago to a guy she liked. then she had her suspicions that his best mate was gay but age dismissed them, she saw them spend more time together but she didn't suspect until she heard from someone else that they were both gay and had been/ are in a relationship with eachother. she confronted him and was really upset because he wasn't asmuch interested in her as before
then their marriage failed
so he should have been straight
soo I please urge you one day to be open and honest :smile:
Original post by TheGreatImposter
In Islam it's not haram to be gay/ bi but it is if you act on those desires and by the way the OP is talking he doesn't plan on having sexual interactions with men anyways, so I don't understand why it'd be a problem.

Because what most religious people should follow (because of what is dictated in their holy books and so on) and what they do actually preach, very rarely coincide.
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Some will care, some won't. A lot of Muslim girls are from conservative backgrounds so may not by keen by the idea, which is very stupid considering you can't help how you feel. Sexual attraction is NOT a choice, regardless, if they love you, they won't care and I hope you find someone who will accept you one day.

This is why I want to be open about it. I'd rather be honest to her and allow her to decide if she still loves me. I just worry if this would put off every Muslim girl :lol:

Original post by najah:)
im a muslim girl so i think i could help you here. is our wife/gf muslim? if so she will be very confused and i believe she might question whether you are the right person for her. take time to think and figure out if you definitely are Bi and whether you believe in islamic values, because you should know it is severely haram to be bi/trans/gay. i personally dont have a problem with people from the LGBTQ community btw. you can always talk to me if you need support/advice :smile:

I know it's haram, that's why I don't act on it. I trust myself to not do so, my religion is important to me. I'm just trying to think of it would be worth be open to my future wife about this. I've never even told anyone irl :lol:
Reply 25

I imagine many would be put off. I'm not camp or anything irl, I just have this attraction in my head :lol: some Muslim girls come from conservative backgrounds :redface:

I know, I still somehow sometimes identity myself as Muslim, so it was just my viewpoint :smile:

I don't have major, but when I see beautiful girl I feel attracted too :smile:
Btw

I know there's loads of "Muslim" threads so I'm sorry if this annoys anyone. I was just really curious and wanted some answers :smile:
i will get him to have male,male,female threesomes with me !! :P

Lmao, greedy :colone: :rofl:

hello,
I just want to share my experiences with you
my friend recently got married a couple of months ago to a guy she liked. then she had her suspicions that his best mate was gay but age dismissed them, she saw them spend more time together but she didn't suspect until she heard from someone else that they were both gay and had been/ are in a relationship with eachother. she confronted him and was really upset because he wasn't asmuch interested in her as before
then their marriage failed
so he should have been straight
soo I please urge you one day to be open and honest :smile:

I feel like girls would be scared of this happening if I told them :lol: I just hope she trusts me not to do something like that. I mean if I won't cheat on her with a another girl, definitely wouldn't with another man.

i know :colone: :colone: :colone: :colone:

but on a serious note, I wouldn't mind as long as he didn't act on it (and especially if he was like you and realised that these are feelings he shouldn't act on and thus have already decided not to that's really respectable in my opinion), I wouldn't get jealous as long as I knew he preferred me over boys like I need to know which of the two genders he prefers first. Also, I was serious about the threesome thing - great opportunity.
Original post by ivybridge
Because what most religious people should follow (because of what is dictated in their holy books and so on) and what they do actually preach, very rarely coincide.

I know, I was just letting OP know since his religion seems important to him.

I feel like girls would be scared of this happening if I told them :lol: I just hope she trusts me not to do something like that. I mean if I won't cheat on her with a another girl, definitely wouldn't with another man.

tbf if you know your not going to act on it ever then don't tell, if you think you might then tell
Muslim wives are especially high-maintenance, they like to dish it out but not receive it and they gossip a lot (FFS, all they do is gossip). They'll find any reason they can to make out that you're doing something wrong so she can complain to her parents and yours. For the love of God, if you're attracted to guys, please keep it to yourself - not because your wife will gossip, but because she'll use it as ammunition against you in the future when you don't take her on holiday/don't clean the house/make some other trivial mistake. Give her material things and luxuries, and just let her win every argument even if she's blatantly wrong because women like that are so egotistical that they can't handle being amicable with another person after marriage. When a girl gets married, she does whatever the **** she wants and we're supposed to roll over and let her. The best you can do is just knuckle under and let her do her own thing. Take care of yourself first and don't give her anything she can use against you.
I had a Christian girlfriend who broke up with me when I told her that I was bisexual.

So you'd be surprised.
Original post by asif007
Muslim wives are especially high-maintenance, they like to dish it out but not receive it and they gossip a lot (FFS, all they do is gossip). They'll find any reason they can to make out that you're doing something wrong so she can complain to her parents and yours. For the love of God, if you're attracted to guys, please keep it to yourself - not because your wife will gossip, but because she'll use it as ammunition against you in the future when you don't take her on holiday/don't clean the house/make some other trivial mistake. Give her material things and luxuries, and just let her win every argument even if she's blatantly wrong because women like that are so egotistical that they can't handle being amicable with another person after marriage. When a girl gets married, she does whatever the **** she wants and we're supposed to roll over and let her. The best you can do is just knuckle under and let her do her own thing. Take care of yourself first and don't give her anything she can use against you.

This is completely stereotypical and puts all muslim women under one label. Yes, some people are like that but not all. If OP was to find someone who really loved him I highly doubt she would use something so personal against him or even dare to speak about it with him again unless he felt comfortable talking about it.

OP in my personal opinion, I would not care, you cannot help what you feel and the fact that you're willing to ignore your feelings just shows how strong your imaan is. If anything i would respect you so much for making that choice rather than run away screaming. Anybody who would use it as a reason to not be with you probably isn't someone you want to be with anyway. So it is something that you should share because it would help you find the right person and allow you to start your marriage on a foundation of truth. May Allah keep you steadfast in your deen and allow you to find someone worthy of marriage .
Original post by imjustnotnormal
This is completely stereotypical and puts all muslim women under one label. Yes, some people are like that but not all. If OP was to find someone who really loved him I highly doubt she would use something so personal against him or even dare to speak about it with him again unless he felt comfortable talking about it.

OP in my personal opinion, I would not care, you cannot help what you feel and the fact that you're willing to ignore your feelings just shows how strong your imaan is. If anything i would respect you so much for making that choice rather than run away screaming. Anybody who would use it as a reason to not be with you probably isn't someone you want to be with anyway. So it is something that you should share because it would help you find the right person and allow you to start your marriage on a foundation of truth. May Allah keep you steadfast in your deen and allow you to find someone worthy of marriage .

Lol, it's not stereotypical when everything I've said is true of Muslim culture, especially of women. You've either led a very sheltered life away from these problems, or you don't take any ******* notice of women who do this to their husbands. You know that a big part of Muslim culture revolves around family - well nobody shares more with their family than Muslim women. They would rather get the whole family involved in every small disagreement they have with their husbands rather than sort out their differences amicably and privately. Instead of making an effort to understand why their husbands might be upset, all they do is complain to their fathers who just blindly support them, even if it's her fault in the first place. Very rarely nowadays do you see young Muslim women with good values, honesty, integrity or sensibility. If you do, they're always putting up a facade in order to bag themselves a man with money. I wouldn't be surprised if everything I mentioned happens in love marriages, but I guarantee you it always happens with arranged marriages when the husbands find themselves unable to leave their wives for fear of letting their own parents down. And as expected, women take advantage of that by spending all their husband's money and bad-mouthing him to everyone who will listen. That's a huge responsibility and very unfair for any 21st century Muslim man to put up with. I do not believe there are any women out there who know how to behave decently when there's money involved. If you want to shut a ***** up, buy something expensive for her. Otherwise there seems to be nothing anyone can do to stop a ***** embarrassing her husband on purpose just cos she feels like it. Let a ***** do what she wants, keep your distance and everyone is happy - that's my advice to OP. Why OP would want to deliberately give his wife something she can use to blackmail him later on is beyond me - but you seem to think that's a reasonable thing to do.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not sure to be honest, hm...you should tell the girl beforehand. If you keep it from her and she finds out by herself i don't think...the outcome of that will be good at all. At least you are being honest with her, if she loves you enough she would understand and appreciate the honesty.
tbh it would be really weird. i rather not know tbh coz it might make me see him in a diffrent way. tbh i would not know what to think , it' really weird thinking about it. okay, but just i did accept it, i would be worried when hangs around with his guy friends just like a guy or women may be worried when there partner hang's around with the opposite sex you know what i mean?
Original post by asif007
Lol, it's not stereotypical when everything I've said is true of Muslim culture, especially of women. You've either led a very sheltered life away from these problems, or you don't take any ******* notice of women who do this to their husbands. You know that a big part of Muslim culture revolves around family - well nobody shares more with their family than Muslim women. They would rather get the whole family involved in every small disagreement they have with their husbands rather than sort out their differences amicably and privately. Instead of making an effort to understand why their husbands might be upset, all they do is complain to their fathers who just blindly support them, even if it's her fault in the first place. Very rarely nowadays do you see young Muslim women with good values, honesty, integrity or sensibility. If you do, they're always putting up a facade in order to bag themselves a man with money. I wouldn't be surprised if everything I mentioned happens in love marriages, but I guarantee you it always happens with arranged marriages when the husbands find themselves unable to leave their wives for fear of letting their own parents down. And as expected, women take advantage of that by spending all their husband's money and bad-mouthing him to everyone who will listen. That's a huge responsibility and very unfair for any 21st century Muslim man to put up with. I do not believe there are any women out there who know how to behave decently when there's money involved. If you want to shut a ***** up, buy something expensive for her. Otherwise there seems to be nothing anyone can do to stop a ***** embarrassing her husband on purpose just cos she feels like it. Let a ***** do what she wants, keep your distance and everyone is happy - that's my advice to OP. Why OP would want to deliberately give his wife something she can use to blackmail him later on is beyond me - but you seem to think that's a reasonable thing to do.

I don't think you can describe actions of anyone as part of a 'muslim cuture'. Islam is a religion not a race or country, I completely disagree that there is any sort of 'muslim culture' let alone this one as muslims come from around the world and each has their own culture and background. You may have mistaken what you call 'muslim culture' as attributes of your own culture. I'm a muslim and so is my entire family and I don't know of any relatives who are involved in this kind of relationship - in my culture, arranged marriages are not even dominant - people marry people who they want to marry.

You seem to have a very misogynistic view of women and even if there are some people that you know who are in this type of relationship, there is no reason for you to be so rude or fouled mouth. Besides, unless you are a part of those relationships I highly doubt you have an accurate idea of the dynamics of those relationships. Either way you can't label a whole group of people under one label, entirely based on you own experiences.
I'd be quite angry if I found out after the marriage.
I'd also question why you'd be telling me that particular piece of information - if it wasn't going to affect you, then you'd have kept it to yourself.
This will be an interesting thread to watch.
As a Bi ex-Muslim.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending