The Student Room Group

Can I do an A level course, with a level 2 diploma?

I'm near the end of year 11 at high school and my GCSE's are almost done, I have been entered for a level 2 diploma in Creative Media Production, in the course description it said completing the course is an equivalent of 5 GCSE's at grades A*-C, if I complete the level 2 course will I be able to take my A levels or will I have to retake my GCSE's again.
Thanks Alice x
Original post by makeupfreakxoxo
I'm near the end of year 11 at high school and my GCSE's are almost done, I have been entered for a level 2 diploma in Creative Media Production, in the course description it said completing the course is an equivalent of 5 GCSE's at grades A*-C, if I complete the level 2 course will I be able to take my A levels or will I have to retake my GCSE's again.
Thanks Alice x

I believe most colleges would expect you to get other gcses on top such as english and maths to do a levels.
Original post by makeupfreakxoxo
Thanks Alice x

Most colleges will point you more towards a level 3 BTEC if your level 2 results are good but you don't also have a good set of GCSE in relevant subjects.
What A levels would you want to do if you could? A good route to find out what your options are would be to contacting local colleges and speak to someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest