The Student Room Group

How would you rate the education you have received?

Poll

How would you rate the quality of the education you have received?

Wide open question for everyone - whatever stage of your education you're reached. How would you rate the education you have received?

Scroll to see replies

Primary Education: Pretty good, better quality than secondary
Secondary Education: Anywhere from good to poor depending on the lesson/teachers
Sixth Form: OK, better since I started self-teaching :u:
University: Not there yet but hopefully it should be an improvement!
Primary: Can't remember but it wasn't bad.
Secondary: Good I suppose. My school may have been shyte but I have go admit, the teachers I had were passionate about what they taught.
Sixth-form: I went to one of the best state sixth-forms in the country but I had a mix of teaching. I had some amazing teachers and had some teachers who clearly didn't like young people, but did provide us with good material so we could teach ourselves.
University: I haven't finished but it's meh. My course/university isn't what I thought it would be but it isn't terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Overall i had a good education at secondary, however there were some ups and downs.
Primary Education England: Adequate
Primary Education Trinidad: Very good
Secondary Education Trinidad: Fine though I was often not in
Secondary Education England: Poor
Sixth Form: Pretty good although I wasn't there much in year 13
University: Not there yet but I suspect it'll be excellent
(edited 8 years ago)
Primary: Pretty good
Secondary: Pretty good until A Levels, at which point it went downhill :erm:
Undergrad uni: As much as I love complaining about Oxford, can't complain about the quality of the education received - it was mindblowing! :king1:
Master's uni: The course content was amazing, the teaching was pretty good. Would have benefitted from more dissertation supervision but overall, can't complain about Goldsmiths either :nah:
PhD uni: Way above anything I could/would have expected. Not at Oxford levels of excellence, but not too far off! :biggrin:

So yeah, overall, I've been lucky in terms of the quality of education received :yes: Though my secondary school was pretty **** for Sixth Form, ngl :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Primary: generally very good, especially at my second school.
Secondary: OK but the focus on religion was overwhelming and definitely affected the quality of education people received. I suppose it's to be expected in a faith school.
College: OK, could be more done to assist students. Not bad, not good.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Primary Education England: Adequate
Primary Education Trinidad: Very good
Secondary Education Trinidad: Fine though I was often not in
Secondary Education England: Poor
Sixth Form: Pretty good although I wasn't there much in year 13
University: Not there yet but I suspect it'll be excellent

You lived in Trinidad? :beard:
Relatively mixed throughout I reckon!
Primary: Reasonable
Junior: Good
Secondary: Pretty terrible, with some redeeming factors
6th Form College: Great
Primary:redface:kay but needed better awareness for kids with disabilities
Secondary:a little better but still not that inclusive
Uni:much better and really inclusive:smile:
Primary: good
Secondary: Poor
Sixth Form : Okay
Pre-school: very good

Primary: poor

Secondary: poor

Sixth form: excellent
Primary: Good
Secondary: Good up till Year 11, 6th form was very subpar with teachers who straight up admit they have no clue about their course and told me to "hope it doesn't come up"
University: Good for everything bar the qualitative subjects, the lecturers are so dull smh
I almost exclusively teach myself so...pretty good :borat:
Elite- Russell Group educated scientist.

So It's safe to say that my education was nothing short of world class.
Primary & Secondary School: I went to a school where there were no right angles. Make of that what you will.
Sixth Form: Was pretty average overall.
Undergrad: Was fab :biggrin: I loved university, the way of teaching and learning really suited me and my lecturers were engaged and interested and supportive :woo:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
woo:

:woo: *
Original post by Hydeman
:woo: *

Thanks! :bl:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Primary & Secondary School: I went to a school where there were no right angles. Make of that what you will.
Sixth Form: Was pretty average overall.
Undergrad: Was fab :biggrin: I loved university, the way of teaching and learning really suited me and my lecturers were engaged and interested and supportive :woo:

I just love that smily

:woo::woo::woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending