The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Postgraduate Applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I just got sent this:
"In principle, I am pleased to recommend you be offered a place subject to completion of Registry formalities. Any conditions that are set out on the offer schedule will have to be met before you can be confirmed on the course. It may be a week before you will actually see changes to your College application pages. .... Your application is being processed by the College Admissions office based at the South Kensington Campus and you should receive official confirmation of your acceptance from them."

Is that an offer, or just telling me my application is being processed?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by blssup
I just got sent this:
"In principle, I am pleased to recommend you be offered a place subject to completion of Registry formalities. Any conditions that are set out on the offer schedule will have to be met before you can be confirmed on the course. It may be a week before you will actually see changes to your College application pages. .... Your application is being processed by the College Admissions office based at the South Kensington Campus and you should receive official confirmation of your acceptance from them."

looks like an offer to me, Congratulations!
Reply 62
Jai93-
I suppose it all depends on what kind of project you want to be doing. Personally I chose cancer biology because I feel that biomedical sciences is too broad and runs the risk of landing me a project I'm not interested in.
(edited 8 years ago)
ugh they said they'd start sending out replies at the end of april!
hope i can get an extension on my other offer as the deadline is the 30th xD

edit for translational neuro
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Striped_Towels
Congrats on the Offer! I had only just received the interview invitation..Any advice for the interview?

I just sent you a PM to your inbox.

The interview was not smooth for me as I didn't expected some of the questions. (As I surveyed info from my friends in Finance and MiM).

Hope it helps!!
Anyone apply for phd? I've been waiting for years (applied in dec) and havent heard a decision :s-smilie:
Original post by agustina.ab
Anyone apply for phd? I've been waiting for years (applied in dec) and havent heard a decision :s-smilie:

Call admissions
Anyone got an offer for MSc in Computing Science? Sent my app off on 20th Feb and not heard anything yet
Applied 14th January. Haven't heard back since.

Emailed them and they said they'd give me a decision soon. That was just over a week ago.
Original post by legoless93
Applied 14th January. Haven't heard back since.

Emailed them and they said they'd give me a decision soon. That was just over a week ago.

Jeez, I thought I'd been waiting for ages. Wonder why it's taking so long, I'm sure I ready somewhere that you should get a decision within 6-8 weeks
Reply 70
Hi all, I have applied a MSc course of General Structural Engineering and I am looking forward to making friends with the students expected to be in the relative fields.
Reply 71
Original post by blssup
I just got sent this:

Congrats. It is a conditional offer and what you need to do is to meet all the conditions just before you start the course in Imperial.

I am still waiting for my results...
Reply 72
Original post by Harvey.Specter
Anyone got an offer for MSc in Computing Science? Sent my app off on 20th Feb and not heard anything yet

Applied same time and not heard anything. They say they would get back within 8 weeks but we're approaching 9 now. Might give them a call but someone on Gradcafe said they had a 2 week break during easter, so can expect to wait another week or two I think.
Reply 73
Original post by Shau
Congrats. It is a conditional offer and what you need to do is to meet all the conditions just before you start the course in Imperial.

I also applied for MSc general structural engineering. And i am also waiting :O May I ask you if your tracking site changed as well? as someone said before, my site indeed changed from 'year of entry' to 'year of admission or programme start date.' BUT the date didnt change to when my programme will start, it still says the same, '2016/2017' . What about your tracking service?

And when did you applied. I am basically waiting since 19th of January.
Reply 74
Original post by Shau

Thanks, yes the student system updated the day after that with the conditions. I hope i can extend the offer to allow time tohear back from some PhD positions as thay would be preferable to an MRes
Reply 75
Original post by BiBLN
I also applied for MSc general structural engineering. And i am also waiting :O May I ask you if your tracking site changed as well? as someone said before, my site indeed changed from 'year of entry' to 'year of admission or programme start date.' BUT the date didnt change to when my programme will start, it still says the same, '2016/2017' . What about your tracking service?

I sent in the application at the start of Easter, but i wouldnt worry because every department is probably different!

The tracking site changed the day after I was sent the email.

Im sure it will be fine, good luck :smile:
Reply 76
Does anyone know what percentage are invited for interview. Is everyone invited or is it one step closer to admission if you are invited?

Thank you!
Reply 77
Original post by BiBLN

I looks the same for me. Did you get an answer yet?
Reply 78
Original post by johancth
I looks the same for me. Did you get an answer yet?

hey noo .. still nothing .. Did you applied for the msc at the civil department? If so, then join the thread "Anyone applied for any postgrad course at the dept of civil engineering?"

so your column changed too? if i understand it right.. from year of entry to year of admission ? but with still 2016/17?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by blssup
I sent in the application at the start of Easter, but i wouldnt worry because every department is probably different!

The tracking site changed the day after I was sent the email.

Im sure it will be fine, good luck :smile:

heey thank you for letting me know..

i wish you the best too :biggrin: maybe we will see each other on the campus :P

i hope sooo :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending