The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE 17/04/16:
I've managed to do everything i've planned for today which is great. I'm also happy with the work i've done today although I got distracted for an hour :biggrin:. Hope i can continue this process until my exams and there is 29 days left till my first exam. In Zoe's way- 29 days , 3 hours and 36 minutes :biggrin::biggrin: @brainzistheword

1. English Language- Essay written
2. English Literature - A View from the bridge question answered & Lord of the flies question answered
3. Biology 1 - Nerves,Hormones and Drugs booklet started answering questions
4.Chemistry 1 - Research on Limestone for 2 evaluation questions.
5.Poetry analysed & researched
6.Geography 1 - past paper questions on Section B 22/29
7. Physics 1 - past paper 2015 - A* ( very proud mainly because it was easy)
8.Maths past paper
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 17/04/16:
I've managed to do everything i've planned for today which is great. I'm also happy with the work i've done today although I got distracted for an hour :biggrin:. Hope i can continue this process until my exams and there is 29 days left till my first exam. In Zoe's way- 29 days , 3 hours and 36 minutes :biggrin::biggrin: @brainzistheword

1. English Language- Essay written
2. English Literature - A View from the bridge question answered & Lord of the flies question answered
3. Biology 1 - Nerves,Hormones and Drugs booklet started answering questions
4.Chemistry 1 - Research on Limestone for 2 evaluation questions.
5.Poetry analysed & researched
6.Geography 1 - past paper questions on Section B 22/29
7. Physics 1 - past paper 2015 - A* ( very proud mainly because it was easy)
8.Maths past paper

Very nice and very organised - glad to see the countdown :biggrin:

Keep it up this is fab work :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Very nice and very organised - glad to see the countdown :biggrin:

Keep it up this is fab work :smile:

Thank you haha it's scaring me but i'm excited as well to see the exam paper. I'm just weird !!:biggrin: I sure will :wink:
Update 17/04/16
I feel so relieved! I was quite productive today and managed to do:
ICT- personal digital devices and their impact on organisations. Satellite navigations 1 and 2
A test paper on Use of maths- A*
Notes on RE- Christan beliefs about marriage and funerals and their effect
History- notes on Medieval cause and treatment and looked at previous mock on it
Physics- revised speed, acceleration, velocity, distance- time graphs and velocity and time graphs, forces and motion and work done and power. Also practiced questions on P3
Revised a Christmas carol - stave 1 and key quotations and themes in that stave
English language read booklet about letters and did a past paper question which was writing letter( my weakness)
Poetry- how to write the essay and what to look for
Original post by sahra30013
Update 17/04/16
I feel so relieved! I was quite productive today and managed to do:
ICT- personal digital devices and their impact on organisations. Satellite navigations 1 and 2
A test paper on Use of maths- A*
Notes on RE- Christan beliefs about marriage and funerals and their effect
History- notes on Medieval cause and treatment and looked at previous mock on it
Physics- revised speed, acceleration, velocity, distance- time graphs and velocity and time graphs, forces and motion and work done and power. Also practiced questions on P3
Revised a Christmas carol - stave 1 and key quotations and themes in that stave
English language read booklet about letters and did a past paper question which was writing letter( my weakness)
Poetry- how to write the essay and what to look for

Wow you managed to do a lot, huge well done :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 18/04/16

Made notes on Sweden's ProNatalist strategy

15 Geography cards

Made Yellowstone Q cards (18 of them)

Made 5 Restless Earth Q Cards

I really want to focus on Geography because the case studies are the key element - and I have 27 of them to learn about :biggrin:
how did you get 190/200 in maths gcse
Original post by sahra30013
update 17/04/16
i feel so relieved! I was quite productive today and managed to do:
Ict- personal digital devices and their impact on organisations. Satellite navigations 1 and 2
a test paper on use of maths- a*
notes on re- christan beliefs about marriage and funerals and their effect
history- notes on medieval cause and treatment and looked at previous mock on it
physics- revised speed, acceleration, velocity, distance- time graphs and velocity and time graphs, forces and motion and work done and power. Also practiced questions on p3
revised a christmas carol - stave 1 and key quotations and themes in that stave
english language read booklet about letters and did a past paper question which was writing letter( my weakness)
poetry- how to write the essay and what to look for

wow well done sahra! Keep up the amazing and very productive work!
(edited 8 years ago)
UPDATE FOR 18/04/16

Made notes on Sweden's ProNatalist strategy

15 Geography cards

Made Yellowstone Q cards (18 of them)

Made 5 Restless Earth Q Cards

I really want to focus on Geography because the case studies are the key element - and I have 27 of them to learn about :biggrin:

Well done and yep there are millions of case studies in geography ( 20) :biggrin:
Original post by toiletissue
how did you get 190/200 in maths gcse

Just using past papers and redoing questions I struggled on again and again - that was only a mock though :smile:
Wow ok, I have 17 or 18 exams but get 10 GCSEs at the end of it - this is strange

If it helps: two weeks after results day, you won't give two farts about your GCSE's, let alone how many of them you have.
Yeah it's whatever works best for you and if that makes you more productive then it is probably for the best :smile:

Well done - and I have the IT OCR national as my first exam and we've only just been told what the exam is based on so I have to start revising too :biggrin:

Really well done and good luck with the weekend revision I'm sure you'll ace it :biggrin:

I can't believe you do the same IT exam! Do you have any revision cards or materials I could use? So far the only things I have done for the R001 exam are reading the case study and learning about input devices, IT is my worst nightmare...
Wow ok, I have 17 or 18 exams but get 10 GCSEs at the end of it - this is strange

I have 23/24 exams to get 9 GCSEs and an A level, it's very strange how it varies so much for everyone! It's nice that I already have 2 GCSEs that were done in year 10 too.
Original post by Zacken
two farts

:rofl:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
:rofl:

Just be glad I didn't use nn farts and asked her to use induction. :tongue:
Just found out I have a mock english literature (AQA unit 1) exam on Wednesday :frown: any revision tips? I'm doing an inspector calls and OMAM
Were you always a whizz at maths or did you improve gradually by repeating this process of doing a maths paper and learning from mistakes? How long did it take you(if you weren't always just a whizz at maths!)?
Just using past papers and redoing questions I struggled on again and again - that was only a mock though :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
hey everyone, when is your first exam? what exam is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first exam is French (listening and reading), 16th May followed by IT and Core 1 Maths back to back as they clash on the 17th May- dreading them! On one day I have 3 exams back to back, it's going to be awful...
anyone know how to calculate overall grades with coursework? Trying to work out whether I can get A* in french and german with my coursework grades
There are many ways and if you want the best possible chance I would suggest finding out which ways you like best by experimenting now whilst you have the chance - I wish I had

As you are on the new GCSEs you really need to know everything inside out so the more times you go over things the better chance you have of remembering them :smile:

Thanks so much for the information but I have a new specification and most of them are draft but for maths it came up but I don't quite get it ? please can you send me private message to help me thanks :smile: mayu123

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending