The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@RobML That looks fancy, where was that?
Is that really you though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmazingArry
Is that really you though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I can prove it too.
Hmm ok ... I might take you up on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6604
Original post by hezzlington
Nice suit, but the untucked shirt and shoes ruin it!

I don't like tucked shirts man.
What's wrong with the shoes?
Original post by RobML

check out that P O S E

Looking good Rob :yy:
Reply 6606
Original post by ravioliyears
Looking good Rob :yy:

:flutter:
Original post by RobML
I don't like tucked shirts man.
What's wrong with the shoes?

I think it's because their fronts are rounded. Dress shoes are normally tapered and dark brown or black with a heel. Those shoes are more smart casual. Are they suede? I can't tell.
Reply 6608
I think it's because their fronts are rounded. Dress shoes are normally tapered and dark brown or black with a heel. Those shoes are more smart casual. Are they suede? I can't tell.

So? I wasn't meeting the queen, dw
Leather.
Original post by RobML
So? I wasn't meeting the queen, dw
Leather.

Haha I know but things go with things and things don't with things. They were nice shoes, just don't really go with a suit. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6610
Haha I know but things go with things and things don't with things. They were nice shoes, just don't really go with a suit. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ya they do. Trust me, I'm a photographer and have a good eye. Silly traditionalist :wink:
Original post by RobML
Ya they do. Trust me, I'm a photographer and have a good eye. Silly traditionalist :wink:

I'm an abstract painter.... far from traditionalist. It's ok to follow tradition with clothes though, like be honest, you would totally love wearing a top hat or bowler hat to a formal bash, stomping through the crowd with a cane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6612
I'm an abstract painter.... far from traditionalist. It's ok to follow tradition with clothes though, like be honest, you would totally love wearing a top hat or bowler hat to a formal bash, stomping through the crowd with a cane.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Truth is, I'm a cheapo who deliberately aims for versatility in my clothes so I can wear them in multiple occasions :lol:
That style would be considered more avant-garde these days, tbh. There's always an "in trend" traditionalism, and right now that's probably the 50s
(where your paintings tho? I'm curious)
Original post by RobML
Truth is, I'm a cheapo who deliberately aims for versatility in my clothes so I can wear them in multiple occasions :lol:
That style would be considered more avant-garde these days, tbh. There's always an "in trend" traditionalism, and right now that's probably the 50s
(where your paintings tho? I'm curious)

I guess I do that too haha. I'm all about mixing and matching.

Nothing wrong with avant-guarde. I think it's a fun style to wear. I'm quite the eccentric so I love any excuse to wear a hat witg some weird outfit.

Some are in schools, office buildings. Some that went on exhibition, are now back at home. Speaking to galleries at the mo to get them sold but not many galleries sell abstract so... it all depends on how well you know the curator.
Reply 6614
I guess I do that too haha. I'm all about mixing and matching.

Nothing wrong with avant-guarde. I think it's a fun style to wear. I'm quite the eccentric so I love any excuse to wear a hat witg some weird outfit.

Some are in schools, office buildings. Some that went on exhibition, are now back at home. Speaking to galleries at the mo to get them sold but not many galleries sell abstract so... it all depends on how well you know the curator.

Hmm I definitely should be more brave. Maybe wear a pirate hat.

Ooh look at you. Anything online?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Hmm I definitely should be more brave. Maybe wear a pirate hat.Ooh look at you. Anything online?
You should wear a pirate hat, I think you could pull it off.No I actually don't put things online so I dont get anyone trying to make duplicates. Online is harder to control, because if people want prints, they cheat and download the scan and print them themselves so I get cut out of the process. I can send you a pic of one of them if you like.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hmm ok ... I might take you up on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol how come nobody ever accused me of being a catfish :hmpf:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Lol how come nobody ever accused me of being a catfish :hmph:

I dont know. I guess I have trust issues plus I talk to him quite often.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Lol how come nobody ever accused me of being a catfish :hmph:

Because we know you are not.
Reply 6619
You should wear a pirate hat, I think you could pull it off.No I actually don't put things online so I dont get anyone trying to make duplicates. Online is harder to control, because if people want prints, they cheat and download the scan and print them themselves so I get cut out of the process. I can send you a pic of one of them if you like.

You could always put up slightly-larger-than-thumbnails pics, no harm in that
Yes please :h:

Latest