The Student Room Group

Germany's Merkel OKs possible prosecution of comic for insulting Turkey's Erdogan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeastOfSyracuse

They seem to possess the most cringeworthy mix of political correctness with extremely conservative social values. Thus you have them inviting in a million refugees while refusing their own gay citizens the right to marry.

I don't see a conflict in bringing in millions of people who hate gay people with refusing gay people the right to marry. The conflict arises in bringing in these people against claiming to support LGBT rights, freedoms and safety.
According to German constitution, insulting foreing state representatives is a crime.
No idea what you are all getting excited about she's just asked to get an opinion to see if this guy has broken the law. That's it. There happens to be a law dealing with this situation. They may decide to scrap it as outdated. Your all to keen to jump on the bandwagon without atuallt reading and understanding the story.
Original post by KimKallstrom
I don't see a conflict in bringing in millions of people who hate gay people with refusing gay people the right to marry. The conflict arises in bringing in these people against claiming to support LGBT rights, freedoms and safety.

Yes, good point! I didn't think of it that way, but it is totally consistent.
Original post by 999tigger
No idea what you are all getting excited about she's just asked to get an opinion to see if this guy has broken the law. That's it. There happens to be a law dealing with this situation. They may decide to scrap it as outdated. Your all to keen to jump on the bandwagon without atuallt reading and understanding the story.

Well, as you can see some of the people on this forum are on auto-outrage. They are pretty much waiting for any opportunity they can get to go into hysterics without bothering to look at the actual facts of the situation.
Reply 25
Merkel is a race traitor and the arch enemy of freedom and democracy. She should be put up against a wall and machine gunned.
Original post by Howard
Merkel is a race traitor and the arch enemy of freedom and democracy. She should be put up against a wall and machine gunned.

When someone who uses the term "race traitor" talks about freedom and democracy :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
You may not agree with it but that's German law. It's up to the Germans to amend their laws to allow for proper freedom of expression.

Curious, where do you draw the line? You can say that about everything.

"It's up to the Germans to amend their laws to allow for proper freedom of expression."
Reply 28
Original post by WBZ144
When someone who uses the term "race traitor" talks about freedom and democracy :lol:

Well, you would say that wouldn't you.

Don't get all uppity just because I mention race. You're not MLK.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Howard

Or throw her into a pit with some hungry pigs.
Original post by WBZ144

There is no contradiction no matter how much you'd like there to be one.
Reply 31
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Or throw her into a pit with some hungry pigs.

Not fair on the pigs. They deserve better.
Original post by Howard
Not fair on the pigs. They deserve better.

You're right. I don't condone animal abuse.
There is no contradiction no matter how much you'd like there to be one.

Having your head stuck in the 1950s is a contradiction.

I do not owe people who are of the same race as me anything just because they happened to be born with the same skin colour as me. Same applies to anyone, the idea that someone can be a "race traitor" is outdated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XcitingStuart
Curious, where do you draw the line? You can say that about everything.

"It's up to the Germans to amend their laws to allow for proper freedom of expression."

It is up to them to decide what laws they are governed by though. They are signed up to the ECHR though so anyone who wishes to challenge can do so on those grounds.

If people read the article and understiid it then perhaps there would be a lot less frothing and more perspective on its significance.
Original post by WBZ144
Having your head stuck in the 1950s in a contradiction.

I do not owe people who are of the same race as me anything just because they happened to be born with the same skin colour as me. Same applies to anyone, the idea that someone can be a "race traitor" is outdated.

Sure. Neither do I owe anyone anything apart from a few select people. However, this country doesn't need people from inferior countries. The 1950s seemed like decent times.
Original post by WBZ144
Having your head stuck in the 1950s in a contradiction.

Sure. Neither do I owe anyone anything apart from a few select people. However, this country doesn't need inferior people from inferior countries. The 1950s seemed like decent times.
Sure. Neither do I owe anyone anything apart from a few select people. However, this country doesn't need people from inferior countries. The 1950s seemed like decent times.

Do "people of inferior cultures" include you? And if so, what do you propose should be done about you being in this country?

Sure it was, if equality and human rights isn't your thing.
Original post by WBZ144
Do "people of inferior cultures" include you? And if so, what do you propose should be done about you being in this country?

Sure it was, if equality and human rights isn't your thing.

Yeah human rights is rubbish. Now you can't even boot a bogus asylum seeker without going through a million appeals, because "human rights".

Yeah I've got to say the culture I come from is rather pathetic, although there are some good points. But the bad far outweighs the good. I'm not tied down to the culture I was brought up in. I can always move if need be.
Authoritarian Islamist has the EU by the balls - So much for being stronger and better together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending