The Student Room Group

Going clubbing in your 30's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~Tara~
Maybe its more subtle to others or maybe my area has higher percentage of creeps. I dunno. I tend to find I sober up more in a club because the men there have no sense of decency. They will just shove a hand inside you whilst dancing, if you're wearing a skirt.

You know, plenty of girls do that too. And not just to other guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep! I'm 30 and go out all the time and so do most of my friends.
We just avoid certain places.. tend to go for alternative / rock nights which tend to have an older crowd.
Reply 42
Original post by drbluebox
It's creepty to you as you are still naive and still think of yourselves as between kid and adult where to the guys (and women do this to young men too) They see a girl who at that age is more likely to experience the world so wants to have fun, no worries about setting down yet, isn't showing signs of age, has more energy.

Instead of your brain flicking to danger make an actual judgement call and assume maybe being older they could be more mature, more stable in life and such.

Men are attracted to femininity hence the younger women more likely to show it over the ones who are swamped with a career or at least a stressful job, its only creepy as you are used to the media telling you women are victims and men predators.

No offense meant by the way.

How about you make a judgement call and STFU :lol:

You're just calling her "naive" because you're butthurt not all younger women like older guys. OMG, someone in the age group I like doesnt like guys my age, they must be wrong! 11!

Deal with it. :smug:

You sound like the kind of socially awkward guy in his 30s who pesters younger women after they clearly say no (judging by your moaning about "the media" when in reality some guys are just creeps, and trying to dismiss her opinion). Then gets thrown out by the bouncers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Some of you clearly go to very, very **** clubs.
Reply 44
Original post by jenhasdreams
Yep! I'm 30 and go out all the time and so do most of my friends.
We just avoid certain places.. tend to go for alternative / rock nights which tend to have an older crowd.

Still broken

Original post by peso
Still broken

Ha what's this?
Can a girl coherently and concisely explain to me what 'creepy' actually means?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by dairychocolate
Can a girl coherently and concisely explain to me what 'creepy' actually means?

Can you coherently and concisely explain to me why you're pretending to be stupid? :yawn:
I think you're too old to go clubbing when you have your first kid. I think once you have your first kid you need to put all that stuff behind and move forward in your life
Reply 49
Original post by emobambam
I think you're too old to go clubbing when you have your first kid. I think once you have your first kid you need to put all that stuff behind and move forward in your life

Agreed :yep: I know people with kids who still go clubbing tho
I've heard of people getting bored of clubbing by their early twenties, but I only just started when I was 21 because I had no one to go with before. I still go now and I'm 24 :smile:. I find it more enjoyable than the pub, so I'll keep on going clubbing as long as I still like dancing and music :yep:
Reply 51
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I've heard of people getting bored of clubbing by their early twenties, but I only just started when I was 21 because I had no one to go with before. I still go now and I'm 24 :smile:. I find it more enjoyable than the pub, so I'll keep on going clubbing as long as I still like dancing and music :yep:

24 isnt too old :colondollar: :yep:
Original post by emobambam

Some people have kids really young though, some even before they are old enough for clubbing! My friend had her kid when she was 20, but still always goes out occasionally and she's 25 now. I think if you know how to balance your priorities right and you're not going clubbing and partying too crazily and at the expense of properly caring for your child, then it's fine :smile:
Original post by HotHipster
Can you coherently and concisely explain to me why you're pretending to be stupid? :yawn:

That's a very evasive 'answer'.
Original post by HotHipster
24 isnt too old :colondollar: :yep:

Ha, I'd like to think so myself :p:. When I hear about people retiring clubbing when they get to about 22, that makes me feel a bit old, lol. But oh well, that's up to them; I do what I enjoy and I like music and dancing so it makes sense for me to continue :smile:
Reply 55
Ha, I'd like to think so myself :p:. When I hear about people retiring clubbing when they get to about 22, that makes me feel a bit old, lol. But oh well, that's up to them; I do what I enjoy and I like music and dancing so it makes sense for me to continue

Same :five:

Most of my friends are in their late 20s and still go out clubbing :tongue:
Some people have kids really young though, some even before they are old enough for clubbing! My friend had her kid when she was 20, but still always goes out occasionally and she's 25 now. I think if you know how to balance your priorities right and you're not going clubbing and partying too crazily and at the expense of properly caring for your child, then it's fine :smile:
unfortunately not everybody is as mature as your friend. Once they turn that on it becomes more and more difficult to turn it off as time goes by. It almost becomes a learned behavior after a certain period of time. If somebody has the discipline and the maturity to be able to go out clubbing occasionally without it becoming a problem then they should go for it. They however should be honest with themselves about their involvement and participation and not be in denial it may be a serious problem. It's easy to want to escape life for a while.
cracking up at anyone who buys girls drinks. boys like you are prey.
Original post by drbluebox
It's creepty to you as you are still naive and still think of yourselves as between kid and adult where to the guys (and women do this to young men too) They see a girl who at that age is more likely to experience the world so wants to have fun, no worries about setting down yet, isn't showing signs of age, has more energy.

Instead of your brain flicking to danger make an actual judgement call and assume maybe being older they could be more mature, more stable in life and such.

Men are attracted to femininity hence the younger women more likely to show it over the ones who are swamped with a career or at least a stressful job, its only creepy as you are used to the media telling you women are victims and men predators.

No offense meant by the way.

Anyway onto over 30's clubbing I was turned away from student clubs a few months back one didn't even tell me why, the other told me I was too old to be a student and when I whipped out my student card he suddenly went "uh uh, you are not a regular student though" He never stopped any of the younger ones though.

But I prefer many of the places I liked when younger as places now play too much R n B or generic rock basically two extremes of mainstream popular or mainstream indie (as in just indie stuff for the sake of it to say they are different)

The places I like are ones that don't take themselves too seriously but of course the students rate them bad on places like tripadvisor for being cheesy or chavvy or "old people" in there or "ugly" people shows a lot about the people rating!

I love one where I like that is a cheesy place, they put on various types of music from cheesy pop, to retro, to modern and people get on the tables and dance when drunk or on the stage and of course the under 30's hate it there saying its cheesy with bad music.

Id rather have £1 drinks and cheesy music than overpriced drinks and mainstream rubbish.

from my experience students love cheesy music and £1 drinks..
I love clubbing and I'm 30! It is more than acceptable to go out and boogie at any age :shakecane:

I rate my dancemoves more now than I did at 20 :wink: :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending