The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hq1
Hope you are successful. I have a 2:1 degree in accounting but don't have a C in GCSE maths. I am not sure if they will interview me. Any ideas , any one will be much appreciated. I am quite confused as I am getting mixed replies from friends who work for HMRC.

Hey!
I know someone who had a 2:2 in popular music studies and only had a D in English... And they got to interview and made a reserve list! So I think it completely depends on who you get doing the administration side of things.
Technically, they shouldn't been able to interview as they don't meet the core components. But as I say I guess it just depends on who is processing your id and education checks!

Good luck in your interview ^.^
Original post by rebecca_:)
Hey!
I know someone who had a 2:2 in popular music studies and only had a D in English... And they got to interview and made a reserve list! So I think it completely depends on who you get doing the administration side of things.
Technically, they shouldn't been able to interview as they don't meet the core components. But as I say I guess it just depends on who is processing your id and education checks!

I agree: I think it just depends on who you get. When I asked CS Resourcing, they said my GCSE certificates were required, but at the interview they advised that my degree superseded the GCSEs.
Reply 122
Original post by rebecca_:)
Hey!

Thank you very much for that
Original post by Echopark88
I had my interview today. Now just the long wait for their decision. Anyone having an interview in Manchester, the interviewers are lovely! Proper put you at ease.

I had my interview on Friday too in Manchester! Yep definitely agree the interviewers were lovely!

Best of luck to everyone!
Hi,

Had my interview in Birmingham yesterday. Went ok...I think! Lovely people interviewing and over in a flash! Know the competancies and you should be fine.

Anyone know when we can expect results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if you are allowed to substitute a couple of Highers/A Levels in place of GCSE/Standard Grades? Basically I was lazy in 4th year at high school and only achieved 3 credit standard grades. However, I was hoping the following may be acceptable to meet the qualification requirements for this job:

Where they ask for 5 credit Standard Grades/level 5 (equivalent or higher) - I have:

3 credit Standard Grades (none in Maths or English)
Higher Maths
Higher English

2 Highers/A Levels or above (equivalent or higher) - I have:

HND
Higher Graphic Communication

I emailed CSR to ask if this is alright but was only told "if you feel you have the right qualifications, please bring them to interview". I'm not too sure of exactly what higher or equivalent qualifications are allowed and which way they can be used. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

And good luck to all those going for interview!
Reply 126
Original post by Britishblue1
Hi,

Had my interview in Birmingham yesterday. Went ok...I think! Lovely people interviewing and over in a flash! Know the competancies and you should be fine.

Anyone know when we can expect results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi BB1, I have my interview next week in Belfast. Obviously I would hardly expect too much info from you but for my prep I am wondering if they are all scenario based questions? Or are there any that you would need a full prepared example for? Good luck and thanks!
Original post by GNH
Hi BB1, I have my interview next week in Belfast. Obviously I would hardly expect too much info from you but for my prep I am wondering if they are all scenario based questions? Or are there any that you would need a full prepared example for? Good luck and thanks!

You are asked a question and expected to provide an answer which uses specific examples you've had.
Reply 128
Original post by Mega0448
You are asked a question and expected to provide an answer which uses specific examples you've had.

Thanks- much appreciated. That's what I expected but it's a bit confusing that it says scenario based.
Original post by GNH
Thanks- much appreciated. That's what I expected but it's a bit confusing that it says scenario based.

In my interview they gave me the option. So they presented me with a scenario, and said I can either answer with what I would do, or give an example of when I've faced that scenario and what I did. They were pretty flexible.
Reply 130
Original post by Echopark88
In my interview they gave me the option. So they presented me with a scenario, and said I can either answer with what I would do, or give an example of when I've faced that scenario and what I did. They were pretty flexible.

Thanks for your response.
Has anyone heard anything back yet from either the ao/ho roles or are interviews still going on
Reply 132
Original post by thatsmyusername
Has anyone heard anything back yet from either the ao/ho roles or are interviews still going on

I had an interview in Manchester, and was told that the final interviews (whether locally or nationally I'm not sure) were last Thursday (14th April) so the results should be out "as soon as possible after". Not really sure what that means.
Thanks for the info. Really want to hear back soon as I've got another job offer starting in July, but think I would prefer this job
Original post by thatsmyusername
Thanks for the info. Really want to hear back soon as I've got another job offer starting in July, but think I would prefer this job

I just got an email saying results won't be given til 16th May :frown: and apparently no feedback will be given!
Sorry read it wrong! No additional feedback!
Reply 136
A month?! There must be a LOT of interview notes to wade through...
Original post by RJT88
A month?! There must be a LOT of interview notes to wade through...

I know :/ my interview was the 1st of April so really it's 6 weeks!!!
Reply 138
I also got that email this afternoon. My heart was pounding as I opened it lol as I thought it may be my interview score!! Well anyway, 16th May is ages away! I would be a bit more relaxed if CSR had answered my query regarding higher qualifications.

How do you guys feel you did at interview? I feel I did well but I also felt that way on the O/HO campaign and only just made the reserve list with 4,4,4!
I wouldn't even bother about reserve lists now...I'm currently on one with 5,5,6 for band o. I know some people who are on it with 6,6,7. Reserve lists are a complete waste of time, they're better off rejecting people than giving them a glimmer of hope that will never come about, especially if your so far down the so called 'merit list'
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending