The Student Room Group

Is it me or is there no way of getting the price down?

So it seems as no matter what I try when your looking for insurance quotes and car prices I always end up with the same total cost.

Basically, if I find an old cheap car, it's insurance is expensive. If I find a new more expensive car it's insurance is cheap, so it basically always adds up to about the same total cost and I don't know what to do to be honest to get the price down a bit? Any ideas?
If thats the case then arent you better off with the better car and cheap insurance? You can accept having a black box fitted.
Original post by ramo55
So it seems as no matter what I try when your looking for insurance quotes and car prices I always end up with the same total cost.

Basically, if I find an old cheap car, it's insurance is expensive. If I find a new more expensive car it's insurance is cheap, so it basically always adds up to about the same total cost and I don't know what to do to be honest to get the price down a bit? Any ideas?

I also found that newer cars where cheaper to insure. Its because if you have a newer car, insurance companies think you will look after it more.
Its up to you really- would you want an older/cheaper car or a newer/more expensive car for your first car.
Original post by 999tigger
If thats the case then arent you better off with the better car and cheap insurance? You can accept having a black box fitted.

Those things are complete and utter crap!
Original post by Emma:-)
Those things are complete and utter crap!

They asked for a way of reducing the premiums and I told him an option that would work. Whether you think they are crap or not, it still meets the criteria of what the OP asked.

Just under 350,000 young drivers use them because its all they can afford, so its cost effective.
Original post by 999tigger
They asked for a way of reducing the premiums and I told him an option that would work. Whether you think they are crap or not, it still meets the criteria of what the OP asked.

Just under 350,000 young drivers use them because its all they can afford, so its cost effective.

They arent always cheaper though are they.
They can often be either the same price or more expensive, so they arent as cost effective as people make out. Half of them also have restrictions on young drivers, which are impossible/unsuitable for the young driver due to work/studies etc. And with more problems than they are worth sometimes, its often less hassle. to get a normal policy.
They can often be either the same price or more expensive, so they arent as cost effective as people make out. Half of them also have restrictions on young drivers, which are impossible/unsuitable for the young driver due to work/studies etc. And with more problems than they are worth sometimes, its often less hassle. to get a normal policy.

One imagines the OP is able to exercise an amount of common sense, shop around and compare prices. he already seems to be doing that. Ofc they have restrictions, thats why they reduce the price. He might actually find out whether the product suits him before he decides to choose it? Not too much to ask.that he has a little bit of common sense.
Reply 7
I work with a friend of mine who works for insurance firm. Best and cheapest policies available here. As quotes are directly made from private system.. Please message me if you want a quotation, no time wasters! No Blackbox necessary. Best deals. Deposit paid then policy will be emailed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

They're not always cheaper, but it's a good suggestion as they can be suitable. It's the same as saying people who work at McDonalds are stupid - they're not always, but that doesn't mean it isn't applicable in a lot of cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending