The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yamyam77
I applied for law and received an offer of AAA but ABB if i put it as my firm! I've already put it as my firm because my other offers were grotesque and i'm not putting pressure on myself! Anyone going to applicant days around Feb-April? Really need to see the accommodations because some of it does not look appealing!

I got the same offer :smile: what were your predicted grades?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Just firmed my offer to study BA geography! Anyone else doing geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbaker22
FYI as I previously was complaining, I had my offer 2 days after my interview (Unconditional Offer for Journalism received 1st March)

Yippee.

Congratulations! what grades did you get to receive an unconditional offer if I may ask? :P
I have a question: I received an offer for a postgraduate course a few days ago but am still waiting for another university to make its decision. How long do I have to decide whether to accept or decline the offer? I can't find an answer on the university's FAQs or elsewhere.
Original post by bitterblue
I have a question: I received an offer for a postgraduate course a few days ago but am still waiting for another university to make its decision. How long do I have to decide whether to accept or decline the offer? I can't find an answer on the university's FAQs or elsewhere.

All the information you need about when to accept/decline is on the UCAS website. There are different deadlines for different types of course and depending on when you receive replies from all your choices. You can delete some of your choices if they haven't replied yet and accept Sussex if that's what you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rezanrose
I got the same offer :smile: what were your predicted grades?

AAB! But I'm really not going to get my predicted grades 😂😂
Just put Sussex as my firm choice for Marketing and Management, anyone else?:smile:
Original post by bitterblue

If youhave received all of your university/college decisions by 31st Marchyou must reply to any offers by 4th May or they will bedeclined. Universities and colleges have to have made all offers by the 5thMay. Hope this helps!
Original post by emilia_claire
Just put Sussex as my firm choice for Marketing and Management, anyone else?:smile:

Business and Management here... close enough I guess :smile:
Original post by johnd45
Business and Management here... close enough I guess :smile:

Yeah the courses are the same in Year 1. Did you go to an applicant day?
Yeah the courses are the same in Year 1. Did you go to an applicant day?

Nope, I told myself I was gonna go but I didn't haha.
If you went, how did you find it?
Original post by johnd45
Nope, I told myself I was gonna go but I didn't haha.
If you went, how did you find it?

Yeah I went 2 weeks ago and it made me change my mind. I was going to put Reading as my first but yeah, I felt like I could see myself there more. The talks were really good though, and the courses are quite flexible which is good :smile:
Yeah I went 2 weeks ago and it made me change my mind. I was going to put Reading as my first but yeah, I felt like I could see myself there more. The talks were really good though, and the courses are quite flexible which is good :smile:

Nice, that's good to hear :smile:
I was thinking of picking York or East Anglia as my firm, but Brighton is so much closer than those 2 for me so that's one of the reasons which drew me in (oh, and it's also more lively).
Have you applied to any of the housing there?
Original post by johnd45
Nice, that's good to hear :smile:
I was thinking of picking York or East Anglia as my firm, but Brighton is so much closer than those 2 for me so that's one of the reasons which drew me in (oh, and it's also more lively).
Have you applied to any of the housing there?

Oh good choices, I know, Brighton is such a nice place to be a student and same here, its closer and easier for me but still far enough to feel independent! Yeah I applied last week, my first is Northfield, you?
Oh good choices, I know, Brighton is such a nice place to be a student and same here, its closer and easier for me but still far enough to feel independent! Yeah I applied last week, my first is Northfield, you?

Yeah it's great and refreshing to be independent, but the living costs there is pretty expensive :/.
And I picked park houses as my first and I think I chose Northfield as my fourth. I heard that students rarely get any of their first five preferences! Watch me end up at East Slope now...
Original post by johnd45
Yeah it's great and refreshing to be independent, but the living costs there is pretty expensive :/.
And I picked park houses as my first and I think I chose Northfield as my fourth. I heard that students rarely get any of their first five preferences! Watch me end up at East Slope now...

Yeah I know, all of the accommodation is really expensive :/ Really? Haha greatt.... Oh yeah I think I put park houses as my 3rd or 4th. But I can't really remember! What grades do you need to get?
Yeah I know, all of the accommodation is really expensive :/ Really? Haha greatt.... Oh yeah I think I put park houses as my 3rd or 4th. But I can't really remember! What grades do you need to get?

Yeah I read that it's the most expensive for student living costs outside London!
They offered ABC or BBB if I made them my first, but ABB if I don't. I was very surprised because their site had the requirements AAB-ABB so I'm quite happy with that haha
and you?
Original post by johnd45
Yeah I read that it's the most expensive for student living costs outside London!
They offered ABC or BBB if I made them my first, but ABB if I don't. I was very surprised because their site had the requirements AAB-ABB so I'm quite happy with that haha
and you?

I'm not surprised! Ah lucky, they offered me AAB but if I put them as my firm, it went down to ABB so I just need to work hard and get those grades! What's your insurance choice?
Original post by johnd45
Congratulations! what grades did you get to receive an unconditional offer if I may ask? :P

Thank you. Sorry I've only just seen this!

I have 3 C's @ A Level but I am 23 so it was more based on my experience and my interview. I work at a radio station producing and presenting shows weekly and have been doing some writing gigs already.

I think the interview really calls it at the end of the day. (Luckily for me)
I'm not surprised! Ah lucky, they offered me AAB but if I put them as my firm, it went down to ABB so I just need to work hard and get those grades! What's your insurance choice?

Yeah the hard work will pay off! Just imagine seeing on our ucas application that our places have been confirmed, ah the joy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending