The Student Room Group

Germany's Merkel OKs possible prosecution of comic for insulting Turkey's Erdogan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Yeah human rights is rubbish. Now you can't even boot a bogus asylum seeker without going through a million appeals, because "human rights".

Yeah I've got to say the culture I come from is rather pathetic, although there are some good points. But the bad far outweighs the good. I'm not tied down to the culture I was brought up in. I can always move if need be.

You will move so racists don't have to be offended by your presence? Well, aren't you selfless :h:
Original post by WBZ144
You will move so racists don't have to be offended by your presence? Well, aren't you selfless :h:

There's lots of countries on my mind. Or I could just stay here, whatever suits me. What's most important though is the preservation of this country's people. Britain will be nothing once the natives become a minority. Just another Detroit or Haiti.
There's lots of countries on my mind. Or I could just stay here, whatever suits me. What's most important though is the preservation of this country's people. Britain will be nothing once the natives become a minority. Just another Detroit or Haiti.

You do realise that the US is a nation of immigrants, don't you?

Some noble priorities you have there! I'll let you get on with fretting about how over 90% of the population is becoming a minority :smile:
Original post by WBZ144
You do realise that the US is a nation of immigrants, don't you?

Some noble priorities you have there! I'll let you get on with fretting about how over 90% of the population is becoming a minority :smile:

The USA was a nation built by White Europeans. Anyway America's fate is sealed as Brazil 2.0. Haiti was built by the French. An example of how black Haitians destroyed that jewel. Detroit is an example of how African Americans destroyed the greatest American city.

Gotta correct you - 79% according to the 2011 census and decreasing every year.
The USA was a nation built by White Europeans. Anyway America's fate is sealed as Brazil 2.0. Haiti was built by the French. An example of how black Haitians destroyed that jewel. Detroit is an example of how African Americans destroyed the greatest American city.

The ancestors of those African Americans contributed every bit as much to building the USA and that's not the point I'm making. Whites in the USA are not "the native population" as you were suggesting and neither were the French in Haiti.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate yourself?
Original post by WBZ144
The ancestors of those African Americans contributed every bit as much to building the USA and that's not the point I'm making. Whites in the USA are not "the native population" as you were suggesting and neither were the French in Haiti.

I quite like myself. Do you hate yourself?
I quite like myself. Do you hate yourself?

Really? Even though you're from an inferior non-White culture yet have the audacity to live in this country? By your logic you should hang your head in shame for simply existing, as a non-White in the UK.

I :heart: myself :biggrin:
Original post by WBZ144
Really? Even though you're from an inferior non-White culture yet have the audacity to live in this country? By your logic you should hang your head in shame for simply existing, as a non-White in the UK.

I :heart: myself :biggrin:

Nah, if I hated my myself I wouldn't bother with daily excercise, hours of work, acquiring assets and money.

Good to know girl.
Original post by Aceadria
This is unacceptable behaviour for any leader. To infringe on the freedom of speech of any individual goes against anything she has preached in the past.

As someone who had a great deal of admiration and respect for her in the past, I am seriously starting to question what has gotten into her. I do wonder if the pressure of political leadership has contributed to her losing her 'marbles'.

They are so desperate for a Turkish solution to the refugee crisis, that they are now ditching the whole postwar consensus on EU attitude to human rights and even applying this devil's spawn of a realpolitik mother to one of their own citizens.

It's not even as if Turkey is actually likely to deliver their end of the bargain.

Absolutely vile and the growing anger about it in and out of Germany is the only good aspect of this.

100% agree with you. I fear for the future of the US. A nation is made by its people, if you replace the people, you are basically replacing the country, and over the next few decades the US will just become a big Brazil (unless action is taken very soon).
Original post by WBZ144

Well actually you could argue that the native population of the USA is white. If you look at the demographic of the War of Independence, it was mainly all white. Yes, the original inhabitants of The Americas were not white, but I am referring to the actual country.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
They are so desperate for a Turkish solution to the refugee crisis, that they are now ditching the whole postwar consensus on EU attitude to human rights and even applying this devil's spawn of a realpolitik mother to one of their own citizens.

It's not even as if Turkey is actually likely to deliver their end of the bargain.

Absolutely vile and the growing anger about it in and out of Germany is the only good aspect of this.

I thought you loved all things EU?
Original post by The_Opinion
I thought you loved all things EU?

I like the idea of the EU as a movement of shared sovereignty - and I like some of the things it's achieved. That doesn't mean I have to like everything that every member state does, or everything it does. I don't like this deal with Turkey, but it's easy to imagine a UK outside the EU being eager to underwrite it, especially with the sort of permanent Tory government we will have on Brexit without Scotland or possibly Wales.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending