The Student Room Group

Why Are Modern "men" White Knights?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dheorl
Lol, one of them is a professional model.

Similar with me; I have a friend who's done modelling and is a definite 10/10, personality and looks. Never wanted to date her, and I've known her since high school.

I can't say I agree with his viewpoint, but whatever works for him I guess.
Reply 81
Original post by BubbleBoobies
yes, men are sexual subjects, and women (at least the submissive, non-assertive and generally the ones living in this time and place) are sexual objects. I don't mean objects as in "non-human", I mean they want men to treat them as objects in the sense of subject/object - do most women want men to come to them? or do they generally want to go up to men? exactly. if "sexual object" is offensive, then "sexual subject" is too, but just because nobody uses that word, it doesn't mean they don't apply it to the male gender! men who pursue women = subjects.

misogyny has nothing to do with ^that. that's not degrading women. that's treating them as equals in status but treating them "differently".

yes because most men aren't gay.

...I'm sorry but you're quoting me without the context behind it - I don't even remember what I've said so at least quote the whole thing so I can describe the meaning behind it

You're completely missing the point. The idea of objectification in this sense is that you see them only as an object of sexual desire. In your world, there is no room for higher thinking where you appreciate that you could simply talk to someone without immediately wanting to bone them. At first I thought it was misogyny, but now I'm thinking it's even more concerning. The only way you justify it being acceptable to have male friends is that you aren't gay. You only talk to guys because you don't want to have sex with them, so they have no other purpose to distract you?

Ignorance is not a valid way to defend your contradictions.

You are one messed up human my friend.
Original post by C-Dog
You're completely missing the point. The idea of objectification in this sense is that you see them only as an object of sexual desire. In your world, there is no room for higher thinking where you appreciate that you could simply talk to someone without immediately wanting to bone them. At first I thought it was misogyny, but now I'm thinking it's even more concerning. The only way you justify it being acceptable to have male friends is that you aren't gay. You only talk to guys because you don't want to have sex with them, so they have no other purpose to distract you?

Ignorance is not a valid way to defend your contradictions.

You are one messed up human my friend.

lol "one messed up 'human'" as if that's a normal thing to say
Reply 83
White knight is very far away from codependency which people seem to have gotten confused about. If you're going to play into the alpha beta crap then it's strange to link the stereotypical alpha-knight role to a lesser man. Maybe it would help you to learn the definition of WK and the definition of codependent.

You can be an assertive man that treats women well. That would go out of their way to help women, children and helpless animals. Your balls don't shrink of you do those things! 🙄
My brother back before his partner died 12 years ago was always one of the "lads" very popular with the women even offered modelling contracts, he had the "Robbie Williams grin" and was a major charmer.

He was so bad he used to meet girls in a club just for somewhere to spend the night or date girls for a few days who's parents/relatives owned cafes and take aways to eat free for a few days, even remember girls one step away from being stalkers with him such as one who when he made an excuse about not spending the weekend with her and saying he was coming to see his parents she found out our names, phone numbers, address etc and rang to ask if he was there yet as she was missing him already put it this way, this was around 1997 when there was no social media, pcs were mostly at colleges/university and at best it was dial up and she still found out everything about us.

He really got into girls heads.

When he moved back near me I remember he started a college course, all but 2 girls on the course fancied him and the 2 that "didnt" were in relationships but still flirted with him.

Even remember his New Deal advisor who was the same age as him sit next to him on her hen night and lift her top to show her bra and make him squeeze them (she was at least DD cup!) she was very flirty.

Obviously a lot of his jobs were like working in a bank or door to door salesmen as he was a charmer, he told me so often he was invited into lonely housewives homes for a "glass of wine" but never told me if he took it further.
Original post by 41b
I see a lot of guys with female friends and I know that they are too weak to make a move. If they had balls they would and if she rejected him, they'd move on.

I know because when I was young I too used to be a beta pussy.

Today there isn't a female friend I have who I don't occasionally dump my cum into.

And I will never marry any of them. :u:

You again.

Full of **** still I see.
Original post by AlphaMaleOfPeace
Even ugly or average girls get too many WKs and they get arrogant.

These beta males then complain about "friendzone" :rofl:

They are nu males, they aren't that common honestly. I am sure as hell not that.
Reply 87
Original post by john2054
You do realise that without a marital partner, you will most likely die lonely? Cum or no cum! Good for you.

Hoes are not for marrying.

leavingthecity
butthurt

:console:
Reply 88
Original post by drbluebox
My brother back before his partner died 12 years ago was always one of the "lads" very popular with the women even offered modelling contracts, he had the "Robbie Williams grin" and was a major charmer.

He was so bad he used to meet girls in a club just for somewhere to spend the night or date girls for a few days who's parents/relatives owned cafes and take aways to eat free for a few days, even remember girls one step away from being stalkers with him such as one who when he made an excuse about not spending the weekend with her and saying he was coming to see his parents she found out our names, phone numbers, address etc and rang to ask if he was there yet as she was missing him already put it this way, this was around 1997 when there was no social media, pcs were mostly at colleges/university and at best it was dial up and she still found out everything about us.

He really got into girls heads.

When he moved back near me I remember he started a college course, all but 2 girls on the course fancied him and the 2 that "didnt" were in relationships but still flirted with him.

Even remember his New Deal advisor who was the same age as him sit next to him on her hen night and lift her top to show her bra and make him squeeze them (she was at least DD cup!) she was very flirty.

Obviously a lot of his jobs were like working in a bank or door to door salesmen as he was a charmer, he told me so often he was invited into lonely housewives homes for a "glass of wine" but never told me if he took it further.

I'm confused as to how this is of any relevance to the thread?
The redpill is strong in this thread.

But in response to the question, "why are modern men white knights" the answer would probably come down to third and fourth wave feminism, respect for women has increased massively in recent years, which is a good thing for society and in general, but not very useful for teaching men how to attract women, which is by being assertive, confident and taking control of the situation, ie acting 'alpha'. Many men think that if they appease women as much as possible that this will stimulate attraction, they don't differentiate between attraction and respect and think the two are one and the same.
Original post by Dheorl
I'm confused as to how this is of any relevance to the thread?

Then you lack comprehension, people were talking about attitudes of males going for women I mentioned my brother who got into womens heads and was basically a Quagmire just wanting one night stands instead of being sensitve.
Original post by 41b
I see a lot of guys with female friends and I know that they are too weak to make a move. If they had balls they would and if she rejected him, they'd move on.

I know because when I was young I too used to be a beta pussy.

Today there isn't a female friend I have who I don't occasionally dump my cum into.

And I will never marry any of them. :u:

POTY
Reply 92
Original post by Betelgeuse-
POTY

Meh. No other reason to have female friends. Non-cucks get it.
I've actually already answered this
yes - if there is no sexual attraction (via looks) then why not?
but guys are SOMEWHAT sexually attracted to most girls.

Holy **** are you mad, do you honestly think that, you are sexually attracted to most girls?

Even with people I find aesthetically attractive, I am unlikely to find them sexually attractive.
Original post by Dinasaurus
Holy **** are you mad, do you honestly think that, you are sexually attracted to most girls?

Even with people I find aesthetically attractive, I am unlikely to find them sexually attractive.

well obviously - you haven't even mentioned whether you like their personality which is obviously important to you
well obviously - you haven't even mentioned whether you like their personality which is obviously important to you

Well yeah they're my friends, but in the same way I can pretty easily tell if a guy is good looking and be friends with them but I don't want to **** them.
Original post by Dinasaurus
Well yeah they're my friends, but in the same way I can pretty easily tell if a guy is good looking and be friends with them but I don't want to **** them.

lol wow, you're reaching low on that one...
"I'm heterosexual and for some reason I don't want to **** good looking guys - it's just like my situation with girls!"
lol wow, you're reaching low on that one...
"I'm heterosexual and for some reason I don't want to **** good looking guys - it's just like my situation with girls!"

Your argument is that finding someone good looking + liking their personality is enough reason to want to sleep with them.
Reply 98
Original post by drbluebox
Then you lack comprehension, people were talking about attitudes of males going for women I mentioned my brother who got into womens heads and was basically a Quagmire just wanting one night stands instead of being sensitve.

Well it just came across as an unnecessarily long speech trying to show off your brother for whatever reason. Hey ho.
Reply 99
Original post by 41b
Meh. No other reason to have female friends. Non-cucks get it.

So you've never met a female you find interesting for any reason other than sex?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending