The Student Room Group

The 'phenomenal' world of Roberto Martinez

The new Brendan Rodgers? The man has disappointed massively this season, but these are great.

Full list here: http://www.football365.com/news/phenomenal-roberto-martinezs-greatest-hits

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had such high hopes for him. I always get it wrong with managers.
Reply 2
Palace and Everton. Christ. What a boring match. It's lucky they have an FA Cup semi-final to look forward to.
"Incredible, incredible feeling of satisfaction" - nope, not Simeone after last night's heroics but Martinez after Everton's goalless draw at Palace
Horrific hypocrite of a man. Used to quite like him, but now then he's a right bellend.
Looking like a poor decision not selling Stones. He's surely lost at least £5mil in value this season?

Lukaku and Barkleu must want out
I lost all respect for him (and I had a lot) when he said he'd rather lose playing amazing football than win playing poorly.
Tbh, I'd probably use the same adjective a lot if I was speaking a different langauge
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Tbh, I'd probably use the same adjective a lot if I was speaking a different langauge

He's been living in the UK for half his life, he'd know the meaning of the word "phenomenal" and be aware of other adjectives for the word "good".
Reply 9
Original post by Kenan and Kel

The man has a better grasp of English than most people I know.
Reply 11
And Roberto Martinez on the "incredible, incredible feeling of satisfaction" after Everton's goalless draw at Palace: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36041457
no idea why anyone has been fooled by him tbh, he has always clearly been a man of less than average ability with delusions of grandeur .
Original post by mojojojo101
no idea why anyone has been fooled by him tbh, he has always clearly been a man of less than average ability with delusions of grandeur .

He did exceptionally well in 13/14 just like Rodgers, but everything after that was just a collapse.
Martinez is a complete fraud that Everton squad should be top 6 instead they're stuck in the bottom half going nowhere again. New manager and serious investment needed in the summer. Baines looks finished and Robles is awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wish we would sack this catalan clown already . 2 years of straight inferiority with a good squad of players
This is even funnier when you remember how smug Everton fans were when Martinez did well at first and they savaged Moyes as having dragged them back all these years.
Original post by tengentoppa
This is even funnier when you remember how smug Everton fans were when Martinez did well at first and they savaged Moyes as having dragged them back all these years.

Tbf we savaged Moyes for being a **** over trying to sign Baines and Fellaini and saying crap like i would never stand in their way making a big move etc
Reply 18
I quite like Martinez. But this is the funniest **** I've read all year.
Original post by Mackay
The new Brendan Rodgers? The man has disappointed massively this season, but these are great.

Full list here: http://www.football365.com/news/phenomenal-roberto-martinezs-greatest-hits

Spoiler

These are amazing.

I particularly like the idea of Stones accidentally handing in a transfer request.

Quick Reply

Latest